Would USA travel to Australia?

Tickets

Little Aussie Battler
Silver Member
Haha, is that a King Brown?

I was just teasin ya. I would love to visit Australia and who knows, I might not leave.

It would probably satisfy the Cowboy in me to fishing and all the other things that I like.

No shortage of wild life thats for sure. I have just never been huge on snakes is all. Where I live, we have ugly little prairie rattlers that the average person will never run across unless you go looking for them. And chances are, they will give you a fair warning before you get close anyway. I just tried not to go hunting where they were.

After the War, my Father told me that he would have liked to move to Australia to work so who knows, a twist of fate and I may have been inviting people over to put a shrimp on the barby, instead of ice fishing. And I used to drink Fosters so sure there wouldn't be any beer conflicts.

A pretty diverse landscape to that is why I said that it would satisfy the cowboy or adventurer in me.

Eastern brown i think. not too sure. The only one ive really seen was at our family farm. My brother in law went to use the "bush toilet" near the sheering shed and i waited in the car. Next thing i see him running back to the car with his pants half up. Went back with him to check it out, and this brown was that thick, it was about as round as a can of coke. About 1.5 pool cues long.

After that, He decided to wait to get back to the house to use the bathroom.

PINKLADY

ICNBB
Silver Member
Thanks again Pink Lady.

Vegas is coming around quickly. Still burning i cant go. The boys are very excited though.

i'll tell you what -

you get w/ BFDLAD to round-up THE BEST BRITS,
then get w/ MARK GRIFFIN to put on the tourney,
and BRING ALL THAT YOU'VE GOT, AUSSIE,

and i might....just might....get my ass....on a damn plane.

(are you not a daddy yet???? tell her to HURRY UP! "pool", waits for no one!)
:smile:

Tickets

Little Aussie Battler
Silver Member
i'll tell you what -

you get w/ BFDLAD to round-up THE BEST BRITS,
then get w/ MARK GRIFFIN to put on the tourney,
and BRING ALL THAT YOU'VE GOT, AUSSIE,

and i might....just might....get my ass....on a damn plane.

(are you not a daddy yet???? tell her to HURRY UP! "pool", waits for no one!)
:smile:

Well you would be very welcome.

Id be happy to be a tour guide.

6 weeks to go till the due date. getting very nervous now.

PINKLADY

ICNBB
Silver Member
Well you would be very welcome.

Id be happy to be a tour guide.

6 weeks to go till the due date. getting very nervous now.

good, cause we're staying with yáll if we come!

HEY - what's that big-ass BLUE can of beer w/ the kangaroo on it? (obviously, i don't drink BEER). my ex is the distributor here for it - and it's apparently KILLER. FYI, i had to SCHEDULE my cesaerean @ DEC 6, (as opposed to DEC 25), because of fricken beer/wine deliveries @ busy season. tell your wife & baby i said-so & get your ass to VEGAS...!

:wink:

PS - there's a way, to back-door Asian flights @ 50% cost. not that i handle them, cause my employer & reps do, but - if the flight ORIGINATES from Asia, then it's HALF of $2K. round trip.

Tickets

Little Aussie Battler
Silver Member
good, cause we're staying with yáll if we come!

HEY - what's that big-ass BLUE can of beer w/ the kangaroo on it? (obviously, i don't drink BEER). my ex is the distributor here for it - and it's apparently KILLER. FYI, i had to SCHEDULE my cesaerean @ DEC 6, (as opposed to DEC 25), because of fricken beer/wine deliveries @ busy season. tell your wife & baby i said-so & get your ass to VEGAS...!

:wink:

PS - there's a way, to back-door Asian flights @ 50% cost. not that i handle them, cause my employer & reps do, but - if the flight ORIGINATES from Asia, then it's HALF of $2K. round trip.

Not sure on the big blue can.

I'd assume Fosters which is the most exported beer for Australia.
Another blue can is Tooheys New.

Speaking of cesaereans, we went to our 2nd baby class the other day. The number of girls asking about getting the procedure trippled after watching a natural birth.

mista335

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Australia is just an over sized island. We can hook up a couple of US aircraft carriers and tow it to the US.

Think not. Australia is almost as large as the United States.

aust-usa-map.jpg

6th largest country in the world.

PINKLADY

ICNBB
Silver Member
FOSTER's! that's it!

apparently yáll are as big as us (US)? but i'm thinking that there are more of US, than AU? so yáll are gonna have to come here. if MARK GRIFFIN would CHANGE his tourneys back to MAY, then i could swim w/ you @ Riviera/Flamingo, as opposed to 118 degrees @ Rio....

PS - i HIGHLY recommend a C-section. for several reasons. (and, YOU don't need to be in the room)

DaddysVisa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've been to Australia. I love the country and I love the people. The big problem as I see it is the travel time involved, even if you managed to find good flight deals. It's a full day of flying each way. That means a 7 day singles/team tournament would really be a 9 or 10 day chunk of time off of work. Even for me flying from Canada to Vegas, the flights are only about $500 max, and I can fly in the morning and be landed, checked in and hitting balls before supper time. It's just hard to compete with that.

RackOnTour

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
We need more 'growth'.

I have spoken with Mark G and others about the prospect of this happening and the consensus is that without some growth in the Australian player base, competition regularity and industry here as a whole then it is unlikely to happen. At the time Mark was working towards the Qlympics as an alternative for US based players to attend. Both our countries are hampered by size and the Qlympic option would have serviced the East coast players who found price/travel restrictions for the Vegas tournament. I think that given the amount of players from Spain, Portugal, Germany and other Euro destinations that attend the BCA & VNEA events then it might be a cheaper option for the players to visit a major league event there before Australia gets a shot.

There is also the issue of certain parties in the industry here creating disharmony through their unscrupulous action and unwillingness to work amicably with other companies in the interest of furthering the game in Australia...or simply attempting to saturate and monopolize the tiny niche market that exists here. This however seems to be a popular theme in America and other areas as well :wink:

Don't be discouraged though because it is not entirely out of the question. 10 years ago the players travelling to USA from Oz consisted of people playing in a single NSW league and 3 or 4 extras from other parts. Now there are groups from South Australia, Victoria and Queensland that have leagues with winners travelling to Vegas and 2 league groups from NSW each with 25+ travellers.
As New Zealand is currently also experiencing some growth in the league side of things, we may well see a Pacific regional tournament that might be a more viable financial option for many players. If it grows regularly then I am sure we would get more than a few cue wielding travellers that would pencil it in on their calendars.

We all want to go to Vegas and I am sure the Americans would love to come here but the average pool player still has to dig deep for 10 days fun...with the added bonus of up to 25 hours travel each way including transfers :grin:
Then there's the question of how to get a fake spider or rubber snake into all their rooms to mess with their heads a little :rotflmao: