Diamond ProAM - 3 pc Slate Assembly - Time Lapse

Donny Wessels

Silver Member
I was trolling through You-tube and came across this video. This is a customer of mine that filmed the installation. This type of installation took Steve about 12 hours. It's came out very nice. Enjoy.

By the way, this is a 9-foot Diamond Pro-AM. This table comes stock with a 1 piece slate, table fully assembled. This is how we deliver them when going up stairs or somewhere we can't get the 1 piece slate. The seams are held together with superglue and steel brackets and then leveled like a one piece slate Diamond table.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2T5PkGIufs

Maxx

AzB Platinum Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Wow, that was cool!
Watching it wore me out, I need a nap.

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
There is nothing like a Diamond professionally installed. I did enjoy seeing what the ball return looked like. Our clubhouse just got 4 Diamond's with 1pc. Thank you for posting.

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
very helpful!

Headed to the Diamond Factory next week to pick up an unassembled 7' Pro-Am 3- piece slate! Never set one up from scratch, Diamond said they would give me a nice demo at the factory. Can never have to much info. Thanks for posting.

Trent

Bca8ball

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Headed to the Diamond Factory next week to pick up an unassembled 7' Pro-Am 3- piece slate! Never set one up from scratch, Diamond said they would give me a nice demo at the factory. Can never have to much info. Thanks for posting.

Trent

7' "Pro-Am" with a 3 piece slate?
Mine is a one piece and I thought those were all one piece slates.

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
yup....

If you notice that the original poster Donny mentioned that the 9 foot is usually a one piece slate and that this video is an example of a 3 piece slate 9' Pro Am. This the option for rooms you cannot get the one piece slates into. The same goes for the 3 piece slate 7' Pro Am's as well. There are many basements that the one piece slate tables will not go into and second floor areas that you cannot get up. Plenty of basements and second floors have stairs that turn, thus making it impossible to get a one piece slate down or up them.

Makes it easier for smaller companies like mine to move them as well. No Diamond cart required and smaller vehicle to transport them as well. A bit more onsite/ installation time in assembling the base of the table and steel plating/ gluing/ waxing the seams of the slates. Great idea and allows people to fit the tables into spaces they could not before. To me it is a win-win for all involved!

Trent from Toledo

https://www.facebook.com/pg/toledopooltables/photos/?tab=albums

PUTT4DACA$$H

Silver Member
Nice work Donny

I just did this to a Diamond 7 foot Proam a week ago...the table owner called me and said that the baby is on the way so we need to move the table downstairs into the basement...I was able to disassemble the entire table and move it to a new location where its not possible to take a Diamond cart....

Gordon Graham
Seattle
425-275-8255

Last edited:

center pocket

It's just a hobby, but a fun one.
Silver Member
Watching the work that went into that makes me appreciate my one piece slate table. I have moved it and set it up several times with minimal help thanks to the cart.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Donny Wessels

Silver Member
Hi Gordon,

Just to be clear. I sold the table and hired Steve to the install.

Also, I like the 3 pc slate ProAM's. When you purchase the 9-footer it's 1 3/16" Thick. That thick slate has a very nice roll. Very quiet too.

I just did this to a Diamond 7 foot Proam a week ago...the table owner called me and said that the baby is on the way so we need to move the table downstairs into the basement...I was able to disassemble the entire table and move it to a new location where its not possible to take a Diamond cart....

Gordon Graham
Seattle
425-275-8255

PoolTable911

AdvancedBilliardSolutions
Silver Member
I was trolling through You-tube and came across this video. This is a customer of mine that filmed the installation. This type of installation took Steve about 12 hours. It's came out very nice. Enjoy.

By the way, this is a 9-foot Diamond Pro-AM. This table comes stock with a 1 piece slate, table fully assembled. This is how we deliver them when going up stairs or somewhere we can't get the 1 piece slate. The seams are held together with superglue and steel brackets and then leveled like a one piece slate Diamond table.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2T5PkGIufs

Hey Donny....How do you get your guys to work so fast. I could barely keep up watching..Awesome video!