Orcollo vs Frost - This is War - VOD Download Available Online Now!

Fast Lenny

Faster Than You...
Silver Member
The biggest one pocket money match between two pro players to ever take place. Scott Frost and Dennis Orcollo battle it out with $200,000 in the middle on the line. You can now watch this on Vimeo On Demand at your leisure. Price is $24.95 for the whole match which is 69 games and over 30 hours of some great one pocket filled with amazing shots. Click the link below to purchase on Vimeo or through PayPal by sending payment to lennymarshall@live.com or www.paypal.me/ontherail .

Vimeo
https://vimeo.com/ondemand/onepocket

8ballr

Banned
The biggest one pocket money match between two pro players to ever take place. Scott Frost and Dennis Orcollo battle it out with $200,000 in the middle on the line. You can now watch this on Vimeo On Demand at your leisure. Price is $24.95 for the whole match which is 69 games and over 30 hours of some great one pocket filled with amazing shots. Click the link below to purchase on Vimeo or through PayPal by sending payment to lennymarshall@live.com or www.paypal.me/ontherail .

Vimeo
https://vimeo.com/ondemand/onepocket

First of all YAWN. Second of all...they were playing for $100,000...not $200,000. If I play you for $20...you wouldn't say we are playing for $40.

Last edited:

FuManchu

Not a Pro Player
Silver Member
First of all YAWN. Second of all...they were playing for $100,000...not $200,000. If I play you for $20...you wouldn't say we are playing for $40.

You are a virus. You must be a disgustingly lonely and sad person to just want to sit behind that keyboard and talk crap on this forum all day. They were playing for $200,000. That's how its supposed to be said. You're playing for all the money in the middle, not just theirs. Once you bet that money its no longer yours.

8ballr

Banned
You are a virus. You must be a disgustingly lonely and sad person to just want to sit behind that keyboard and talk crap on this forum all day. They were playing for $200,000. That's how its supposed to be said. You're playing for all the money in the middle, not just theirs. Once you bet that money its no longer yours.

lol no you're not...if a sponsor puts up $200,000 then it could have been promoted as playing for $200,000...they were playing for $100,000 and it should have been promoted as such...they must have thought people were stupid...they were right.

Fast Lenny

Faster Than You...
Silver Member

$200,000 in the middle just like a $20 player like you could call it $40 in the middle when you are playing someone. ;)

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
$200,000 in the middle just like a $20 player like you could call it $40 in the middle when you are playing someone. ;)

If I'm playing somebody for $20, its $20, not $40. Where did all this "in the middle" crap come from???
Jason

BassMasterK

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If I'm playing somebody for $20, its $20, not $40. Where did all this "in the middle" crap come from???
Jason

I originally had the same reaction with the recent Tony/Dennis match for $100k. I thought each had put up $100k but it turned out to be $50k. However, after thinking about it, I get why they promote it the way they do.

If I'm playing a guy for $20 a rack, we are each putting up $20. However, that game is a fluid game that can change along the way. Spots can change, amount can change, game we are playing can change, game can continue on as long as we want to keep posting money.

In these cases, these guys and their backers are putting up one large sum "in the middle". That is what is being played for. Once it is posted in the middle, it isn't theirs anymore. The game won't change. There will be no spots changing. The type of game won't change. The game doesn't continue after the winning score is reached. There is no attempt to immediately "get even" like so often happens in fluid money games. They are in one long battle for whatever is in the middle.

In this context I get it. They are playing for the money in the middle and that is it. If they each post up $100k, they are playing for $200k total prize money. Besides, it makes it more exciting to say they are playing for $200k.

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
I originally had the same reaction with the recent Tony/Dennis match for $100k. I thought each had put up $100k but it turned out to be $50k. However, after thinking about it, I get why they promote it the way they do.

If I'm playing a guy for $20 a rack, we are each putting up $20. However, that game is a fluid game that can change along the way. Spots can change, amount can change, game we are playing can change, game can continue on as long as we want to keep posting money.

In these cases, these guys and their backers are putting up one large sum "in the middle". That is what is being played for. Once it is posted in the middle, it isn't theirs anymore. The game won't change. There will be no spots changing. The type of game won't change. The game doesn't continue after the winning score is reached. There is no attempt to immediately "get even" like so often happens in fluid money games. They are in one long battle for whatever is in the middle.

In this context I get it. They are playing for the money in the middle and that is it. If they each post up $100k, they are playing for $200k total prize money. Besides, it makes it more exciting to say they are playing for $200k.

They played for $100,000 period, just like $20 a game is $20 a game, doesnt matter if its a set or game. They will either lose or win $100,000.

$100 a hand blackjack is $100 a hand, it isn't $200. And yes the $100 is in the middle but you NEVER hear anybody say they are playing $200 a hand if they bet $100.

This isn't rocket science, it's people trying to make it sound better than it is. I guess $100,000 isn't enough, they gotta get creative.
Jason

gregcantrall

Center Ball
Silver Member
It is a single elimination pool tournament with two entrants that pays only one place. The entry is 100,000. First place pays 200,000.:p

8ballr

Banned
It is a single elimination pool tournament with two entrants that pays only one place. The entry is 100,000. First place pays 200,000.:p

Yes...so you win $100,000 whereas if you play a tournament with no entrance fee, and a sponsor puts up $200,000 THEN you win $200,000. If Orcollo and Frost met in the pool hall and had a rematch for $100...if you ran outside to tell people about it...you wouldn't say they are playing for $200...that's what the promotion for their match did.

This "money in the middle" is ridiculous...where the money physically is does not change the bet. You play someone for $100 that's the bet plain and simple...you win $100 or lose $100...so you are playing for $100.

Last edited:

Poolplaya9

Tellin' it like it is...
Silver Member
They were playing for $200,000. That's how its supposed to be said.

While it has become common to say it that way, that is not how it is "supposed" to be said. If you win this match, then you only have $100,000 more money than you would have if you didn't play the match at all. If you lose the match, then you only have $100,000 less money than if you had not played the match. Your bank account cannot be affected by more than $100,000 since that is all you were playing for.

Somebody else on here has given a great example before. You are in a bar, and your opponent asks you to play for a beer and you agree and start playing for a beer. Do you think and feel like you are playing for one beer, or two beers? And if another one of your friends were to come up to you and ask you what you were playing for, would you tell them that you were "playing for a beer", or would you tell them you were "playing for two beers"?

Nobody on earth would say or feel like they were playing for two beers. It is no different when it is dollars instead of beers. You wouldn't even feel like you are "playing for two beers in the middle." In these two examples you were playing for one beer, or $100,000 respectively.

Fast Lenny

Faster Than You...
Silver Member
While it has become common to say it that way, that is not how it is "supposed" to be said. If you win this match, then you only have $100,000 more money than you would have if you didn't play the match at all. If you lose the match, then you only have $100,000 less money than if you had not played the match. Your bank account cannot be affected by more than $100,000 since that is all you were playing for.

Somebody else on here has given a great example before. You are in a bar, and your opponent asks you to play for a beer and you agree and start playing for a beer. Do you think and feel like you are playing for one beer, or two beers? And if another one of your friends were to come up to you and ask you what you were playing for, would you tell them that you were "playing for a beer", or would you tell them you were "playing for two beers"?

Nobody on earth would say or feel like they were playing for two beers. It is no different when it is dollars instead of beers. You wouldn't even feel like you are "playing for two beers in the middle." In these two examples you were playing for one beer, or $100,000 respectively.

Well when you play for a beer and lose you will be paying for two beers as opposed to paying for none. You have to drink one with your opponent regardless if you win or lose. :grin:

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So...if I play a tournament that costs 100 to get in and first place is advertised as $1000, then first place is not 1000?

A local tour has staggered entry fees. How should it advertise payouts?