Josh Filler says to SVB, "There's a new King!"

corvette1340

www.EpawnMarket.com
Silver Member
If they play a race to 100, I’d like to bet SJM $5000 on the side since he seems to think Filler can win, although I’ve never seen him actually bet anything on here, only interject all of his opinions on short race tourney pool . That’s IF Filler can get a backer.

Pangit

Banned
th

The best player in the field, and there ain't no second place.

SBC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Filler, ? King?, C’mon, he’s a little girl. So he won, the sun shines on a dogs ass every
once in a while, “ain’t no thing but a chicken wing, on a string, but it ain’t no king.....
and so on.....
Filler might be having a good Mosconi Cup or a good run for a few weeks or a season,
I’ve had good weeks, we all have, but he’s no threat, unless he wants to play your baby sister,
the guy’s flakier than a snow storm.

Agreed
He needs longevity to be king. First in standings is variable. Be the guy nobody wants to match up against....you are the boss.

Somebody get 8 top guys to play. Bet 10k each. Add 20k. Have them play long race double elimination over 2 days....winner take all 100k. It could be huge.

Last edited:

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Gold Member
Silver Member
Filler is the new Vincent Lauria. Bags of ability, talks smack, shit eatin grin, punchable face, almost always seen with his girl nearby... this is fantastic TV

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
this!!!

Filler is certainly relishing the role of the Black Hat Guy and is playing it to the hilt. IMO, making it more ratings-worthy ("fantastic tv") is his unlikely look as an audience-taunting, chest-beating, climb-up-on-the-furniture kind of guy. Another move I see him do is when he's closing out a match he will be on the last ball or two and he'll walk around the table, go to his chair, wipe his shaft, that sort of thing, not to steady himself for that final 3 foot straight-in, but rather, to enjoy applying the last bit of torture he can on his opponent.

Brazen comments such as "I am the King now" added to the above behavior make it easy not to like him.

And running alongside his look, the ever-present spouse rooting him on nearby, and the whole Black Hat character is an absolutely astounding ability on the pool table.

All great for tv!!!

best,
brian kc

Last edited:

SBC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I hope so but doubt it, SJM. Maybe he can find a backer. I am certain Shane can.

Now this would be the match of the century!

Yeah the last one sure wasn't.

Just don't understand why these guys are shy about matching up. Especially if backed. Only thing is they don't want to lose status I guess when they lose.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
If they play a race to 100, I’d like to bet SJM $5000 on the side since he seems to think Filler can win, although I’ve never seen him actually bet anything on here, only interject all of his opinions on short race tourney pool . That’s IF Filler can get a backer.

LOL, I don't often bet on pool, and I wonder if I've bet more than $50 on a match since the 1990's. If I ever bet on pool again, though, it will be as a favor to a close friend who badly wants action. Same thing with stake-horsing --- I've seen far too much "business" done in my day to want to get involved in that, and rarely ever see big action matches where I'm sure everything's absolutely on the level.

If you were a close friend and I felt certain that you were good for the money, and I was 100% sure that no "business" was being done in the match, I'd consider betting $500,000 on Filler, but those conditions are not met here, so you'll have to find your action elsewhere. I only know you as a very capable poster on this forum.

If you devalue my opinion because side action doesn't especially interest me, that's your business, and also your prerogative. Unless I miss my guess, though, I've watched more long-race pool than all but a few on this forum, despite the fact that I don't enjoy it nearly as much as watching all the greats assemble to chase down a very difficult title.

Hey, maybe you're right and Shane would take down the bet. Who really knows?

Finally, thanks for the insult. Much appreciated. It is not in my nature to return the insult. On the bright side, you can put me on ignore, since you seem to view me as short-sighted and uninformed.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
He said it and it's good for TV imo.

I think the camera work has been top notch.

Matchroom has knocked it out of the park this yr.
The close match going into the last day helps a lot too.

I agree 100%. Filler is confident and cocky, and that's the stuff of world champions. He's saying, "bring it on" and he's ready to take on all comers. I like his bravado and candor. "The King is dead. Long live the new King!"

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
LOL, I don't often bet on pool, and I wonder if I've bet more than $50 on a match since the 1990's. If I ever bet on pool again, though, it will be as a favor to a close friend who badly wants action. Same thing with stake-horsing --- I've seen far too much "business" done in my day to want to get involved in that, and rarely ever see big action matches where I'm sure everything's absolutely on the level.

If you were a close friend and I felt certain that you were good for the money, and I was 100% sure that no "business" was being done in the match, I'd consider betting $500,000 on Filler, but those conditions are not met here, so you'll have to find your action elsewhere. I only know you as a very capable poster on this forum.

If you devalue my opinion because side action doesn't especially interest me, that's your business, and also your prerogative. Unless I miss my guess, though, I've watched more long-race pool than all but a few on this forum, despite the fact that I don't enjoy it nearly as much as watching all the greats assemble to chase down a very difficult title.

Hey, maybe you're right and Shane would take down the bet. Who really knows?

Finally, thanks for the insult. Much appreciated. It is not in my nature to return the insult. On the bright side, you can put me on ignore, since you seem to view me as short-sighted and uninformed.

Don't worry Stu. I'll take his bet. :cool:

corvette1340

www.EpawnMarket.com
Silver Member
Didn’t say you were uninformed, but short sided, yes. Short race pool is the worst way to define who the absolute best player is because there’s so much variance involved. Bergman said it best when he said “if you play in 30 tourneys a year, surely you’ll win some of them”.

Filler is an absolute beast no doubt, but until he beats Shane in a long race which cuts down on the variance, he can’t call himself the best. He can call himself #1 in the short race pool tourney rankings, but until nobody will step up and play you or until you’ve beaten who is considered the best player for the cash you can’t call yourself the best.

Lastly, I’d venture to say that I’d have a long line of vouchers for any amount you’d care to bet. I sold my internet start up for more than Filler or Shane will see in their lifetimes.

Rico

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Old School

Race to 5 alt break ,you win the lag both trade bnr,s 5-4 and that determines what?Put the 1 on the spot winner breaks 10 ahead and the cream comes to the top.If you want 2out of three sets .After that woofing is allowed.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Lastly, I’d venture to say that I’d have a long line of vouchers for any amount you’d care to bet. I sold my internet start up for more than Filler or Shane will see in their lifetimes.

Once again, I don't care to bet, but rest assured, the money has nothing to do with it. I've given my reasons.

By the way, if you're so rich, why not contribute some of your wealth to pool events and pool-related causes. In my life, I reckon I've contributed over $100,000 to pool events and pool-related causes, and I'm not talking about investments or business ventures, just contributions given with nothing expected in return. My pockets aren't exactly tight, but my taste for side betting on pool is near zero.

FYI, I am not living paycheck to paycheck. I am a wealthy man who retired at 50 and unless your net worth has nine digits in it, you're not financially out of my league. That said, wealth is a very trivial matter on the forum, and I'd never want to be defined by it. My posts should be the only measure of me around here. There is no relationship between wealth and quality posting on AZB.

You state it as if it were fact that only long-race play will define a true champion. That it your opinion, and what player in our sport's history has ever been counted among the greatest ever because of their results in the action room in marathon races? I've been to a lot of BCA Hall of Fame inductions, and I've never heard these marathon races, a relatively new novelty in our game, even mentioned.

You are, of course, entitled to your opinion, but I'll always believe that greatness is measured in major titles. For that reason, Filler's career cannot be compared to that of SVB, for SVB's major title count is way above that of Filler. Shane's level of accomplishment is still something that the 22 year old Filler can only dream of, but right now Filler is consistently outperforming Shane and, for some reason that I don't get, that seems to bother you a lot.

skip100

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's pretty hilarious how triggered some people get by Filler, just because he's brash and not American.

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Didn’t say you were uninformed, but short sided, yes. Short race pool is the worst way to define who the absolute best player is because there’s so much variance involved. Bergman said it best when he said “if you play in 30 tourneys a year, surely you’ll win some of them”.

Filler is an absolute beast no doubt, but until he beats Shane in a long race which cuts down on the variance, he can’t call himself the best. He can call himself #1 in the short race pool tourney rankings, but until nobody will step up and play you or until you’ve beaten who is considered the best player for the cash you can’t call yourself the best.

Well he has it wrong anyway Chang is the king he's horse f----ed Shane before , and until Shane's stops running and steps up to the plate again and beats him , Chang remains the King

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Well he has it wrong anyway Chang is the king he's horse f----ed Shane before , and until Shane's stops running and steps up to the plate again and beats him , Chang remains the King

Yes, it's common knowledge that JL Chang has owned Shane, but, FYI, JL Chang tried to make a high-stakes 10-ball game with every single player who showed up at Derby City this year, SVB included. The only taker was Filler, and Josh beat him 17-14 in a big action 10-ball match. That said, though, JL Chang beat Filler (11-9, I think) in the final of the Bigfoot 10-ball event a couple of days earlier, so Chang and Filler have gone back and forth at 10-ball.

BeiberLvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

We've gone over this before. Chang only won by 7 games when they played.

Yes, Chang had a big lead after the first day, but a horse #@##@ would imply he kept his foot on the gas the whole time.

It's the final score that determines how badly someone got beat.