CJ Wiley's "Touch" of Inside 3 Part Pocket System

CJ Wiley

ESPN WORLD OPEN CHAMPION
Gold Member
Silver Member
There's much more to The Three Part Pocket System than just making the pocket zone bigger. It teaches an accelerating stroke that is extremely accurate and enables you to do things with the cue ball that you COULD NOT do before. It wasn't that you weren't capable of doing it, you just wouldn't know it was an option. Now you can make your stroke a weapon.

That's why you MUST do it for 3 hours straight to allow your perception to change long enough to grasp it. Then, even if you go back to your old style you will play it differently. You will "Real Eyes" that there's another type of shot you can hit and you will recognize the ZONE in the pocket - The Three Part Pocket System I speak of in my Ultimate Pool Secrets.

When I first spoke of the 3 Part Pocket System I advised people to use ouside english and hit it slower just because I didn't want to get into "changing players perceptions", but now I'm sharing the "real deal". This is the system I used to dominate the gambling world for several years. I went 3 straight years and won countless gambling matches and the list of people I played looked like the "who's who" of professional world class players.

They all knew I was doing something addressing the ball that was powerful, but I didn't talk about what it was. Even now, when I share it there's many people that won't try it just out of principle. This is normal and to be expected, I'm only sharing this information to help a few players that REALLY want to explore a new perception in pool that few have experienced. 'The Game is the Teacher'

Sloppy Pockets

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There's much more to The Three Part Pocket System than just making the pocket zone bigger. It teaches an accelerating stroke that is extremely accurate and enables you to do things with the cue ball that you COULD NOT do before. It wasn't that you weren't capable of doing it, you just wouldn't know it was an option. Now you can make your stroke a weapon.

That's why you MUST do it for 3 hours straight to allow your perception to change long enough to grasp it. Then, even if you go back to your old style you will play it differently. You will "Real Eyes" that there's another type of shot you can hit and you will recognize the ZONE in the pocket - The Three Part Pocket System I speak of in my Ultimate Pool Secrets.

When I first spoke of the 3 Part Pocket System I advised people to use ouside english and hit it slower just because I didn't want to get into "changing players perceptions", but now I'm sharing the "real deal". This is the system I used to dominate the gambling world for several years. I went 3 straight years and won countless gambling matches and the list of people I played looked like the "who's who" of professional world class players.

They all knew I was doing something addressing the ball that was powerful, but I didn't talk about what it was. Even now, when I share it there's many people that won't try it just out of principle. This is normal and to be expected, I'm only sharing this information to help a few players that REALLY want to explore a new perception in pool that few have experienced. 'The Game is the Teacher'

CJ, I don't have a lot of principals, so I've been playing with all of your concepts since you first started posting here. Lots of lurkers here, as well as "non argumentative" types, who just go down to the table to see what it's all about. I'll put in a three hour session to see if that solidifies it for me, but I'm just a banger so I don't know if I'm advanced enough to benefit from it all. I will say that your comments about "extending the tip through the cue ball" has allowed me to visualize my stroke in a different way that makes the ball go straighter and has gotten me so I can finally draw the CB a full table length when I need to. So you are doing some good here AFAIC.

FWIW this is the "Ask the Instructor" forum, not the "Tell the Student" forum. If you want responses you might be better off posting in the Main forum. We've been discouraged from contributing here unless we are instructors ourselves. Of course, we bend that rule from time to time, but.....

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member

are you going to describe here or in your videos to the azbers
or do we have to buy the dvd to get it
im just asking because you put a "teaser " up and didnt finish
no disrespect intended
i enjoy your posts and bought your VHS'S:wink:

Yoda4962

North Texas
Silver Member
I want to learn this...

Can i get a private lesson? I am better a learning visually, rather than through reading.
Feel free to private message me if you're willing.

TheThaiger

Banned
are you going to describe here or in your videos to the azbers
or do we have to buy the dvd to get it
im just asking because you put a "teaser " up and didnt finish
no disrespect intended

I don't understand CJ Wiley's posts. True, I don't read many of them, but those I do leave me with more questions than answers.

I remain to be convinced his MO isn't 'raise expectations in preparation for launch of product'.

CJ Wiley

ESPN WORLD OPEN CHAMPION
Gold Member
Silver Member
I've made over 900 posts in the last 10 weeks

I don't understand CJ Wiley's posts. True, I don't read many of them, but those I do leave me with more questions than answers.

I remain to be convinced his MO isn't 'raise expectations in preparation for launch of product'.

I've made over 900 posts in the last 10 weeks so if I'm just "raising expectations" I'm probably not doing a very good job of it. :groucho:

Most of the activity for me has been in the "Aiming System" section if you want to get caught up on previous discussions. CJ

TheThaiger

Banned
I've made over 900 posts in the last 10 weeks so if I'm just "raising expectations" I'm probably not doing a very good job of it. :groucho:

Most of the activity for me has been in the "Aiming System" section if you want to get caught up on previous discussions. CJ

That's why I've not read many of 'em...:wink:

As for the aiming section, I'd rather gnaw-off my own testicles than take any notice of what goes on over there.

CJ Wiley

ESPN WORLD OPEN CHAMPION
Gold Member
Silver Member
That's why I've not read many of 'em...:wink:

As for the aiming section, I'd rather gnaw-off my own testicles than take any notice of what goes on over there.

I completely understand....it's not that pleasant, but I'm in "training", it's kinda like beating my bare knuckles in gravel. :eek: However, the end will justify the means.

I am thinking you are getting more natural cue ball control because with your technique, you are hitting the the shot with more of a full ball hit than normally needed. Your technique is forcing a 20 degree shot to the corner into a 15 degree cut (example: a 1/2 ball hit you force it into almost being a 3/4 ball hit). Now the 3 pocket zone is pretty easy to understand, i believe.

CJ Wiley

ESPN WORLD OPEN CHAMPION
Gold Member
Silver Member
I've been told that my shots sound "fuller"

I am thinking you are getting more natural cue ball control because with your technique, you are hitting the the shot with more of a full ball hit than normally needed. Your technique is forcing a 20 degree shot to the corner into a 15 degree cut (example: a 1/2 ball hit you force it into almost being a 3/4 ball hit). Now the 3 pocket zone is pretty easy to understand, i believe.

Yes, I've been told that my shots sound "fuller". It doesn't really make sense, but using the "Touch" of Inside you can hit the balls fuller like you said and I agree with your thoughts on this technique.

This is something that someone has to experience, it's tough to describe because of the nature of hitting the Inside of the Cue Ball. I Describe this in more detail in the Aiming Section about John S. and Corey D. Check it out when you get a chance.

Glad you're having success using the system. 'The Game is the Teacher'

Well to be honest I have tried this technique on just three shots because I was curious and I did make them all :) It did feel like I was kind of aiming into space and I was forcing the ball into the pocket because I believe you are making a fuller hit with this technique and that makes me understand why you get more of a natural roll and control of the cue ball after you hit it. This seems like it would be a good weapon to use occasionally when needed or often if mastered. I will try it again for an hour or so when I get to a table.

Now as for your grip, I can see you use a continental tennis grip and when you move into a pool stance, it automatically cocks your wrist forward on its own. The cue is held against the index knuckle and heel pad in your palm. This also seems to limit your back swing. It feels uncomfortable to get a full range of motion in the back swing while holding a pool cue with this grip technique and it forces you to have a more complete follow through (accelerated stroke) Now an easy way to show this grip is to tell someone to point there remote at the TV like they are going to change the channel.

Main, aiming forums are too congested with ego’s :wink:

Last edited:

nobcitypool

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Wouldn't inside English create just the opposite effect you are describing? What did I miss?

nobcitypool

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I thought what you were trying to describe was using inside english which, like I said, didn't make sense. Perhaps I missed something in the thread, I was just going by the title of the thread.

I was describing CJ's touch of inside technique. They are two different things with different results. Inside english is more of a situational technique and CJ's is more of a versatile technique but still situational i think. I also do not know the full benefits of CJ's technique when mastered. I used both techniques tonight on the same shot repeatably and the most noticeable thing i seen was the cue ball after path. The cue ball 100% defiantly did not react like i was using inside english at all and seemed to be taking a natural predictable path which i personally think is the biggest benefit to using cj's technique.

Inside english and cj touch of inside are defiantly 100% two different things. With Cj's technique,your initial alignment is more to the outside than normal and you kind of drop down on the shot a touch inside and stroke straight through the shot deflecting it in. The cue ball reacts more like a stun shot than a inside english shot.

Last edited:

nobcitypool

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I understood you to say that applying inside English allowed you to cut the ball fuller. I was trying to figure that out, seems it should be the opposite. Perhaps I misunderstood.

i was talking about cj's touch of inside and 3 pocket zone technique. You should give it a try if interests you, the worst thing that could happen is you wasted some of your time.

nobcitypool

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm not questioning the technique, I was simply trying to figure out what you meant in the post below. You stated you tried the technique and it felt like you get a fuller hit. I don't understand that as it seems like applying inside english would require a bigger cut to offset the throw from the cut and the english. Not trying to argue, just trying to understand to see if I'm missing or misunderstanding something.

Well to be honest I have tried this technique on just three shots because I was curious and I did make them all :) It did feel like I was kind of aiming into space and I was forcing the ball into the pocket because I believe you are making a fuller hit with this technique and that makes me understand why you get more of a natural roll and control of the cue ball after you hit it. This seems like it would be a good weapon to use occasionally when needed or often if mastered. I will try it again for an hour or so when I get to a table.

Now as for your grip, I can see you use a continental tennis grip and when you move into a pool stance, it automatically cocks your wrist forward on its own. The cue is held against the index knuckle and heel pad in your palm. This also seems to limit your back swing. It feels uncomfortable to get a full range of motion in the back swing while holding a pool cue with this grip technique and it forces you to have a more complete follow through (accelerated stroke) Now an easy way to show this grip is to tell someone to point there remote at the TV like they are going to change the channel.

Main, aiming forums are too congested with ego’s :wink:

One Pocket John

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It is true that the continental tennis grip is used, this is too lock the wrist from any side ways motion.

The fingers propel the stick forward. Like CJ says the feel is like a finger print and is unique to the individual.

This is a deadly acurate grip and with a little practice you will see the benefit.

The cue does not stay in the palm of the hand, it ends up in the palm of the hand after the stroke (finish).

I'm having a lot of fun with it.

John

Last edited:

ENGLISH!

Banned
Silver Member
It is true that the continental tennis grip is used, this is too lock the wrist from any side ways motion.

The fingers propel the stick forward. Like CJ says the feel is like a finger print and is unique to the individual.

This is a deadly acurate grip and with a little practice you will see the benefit.

The cue does not stay in the palm of the hand, it ends up in the palm of the hand after the stroke.

I'm having a lot of fun with it.

John

John,

I tried it yesterday & I agree on its accuracy. However, it became uncomfortable for me in my forearm.

I've voiced that it may be because I am a low eyed shooter & I think that the more bend is creating too much tension on the top side of my forearm.

Do I understand you crorrectly? Are you holding the cue more in your fingers than a normal tennis grip & only ending up in a normal tennis grip upon contact & after?

Thanks in advance,

Last edited: