As bad as I hate to.....

The Renfro

Outsville.com
Silver Member
John Barton is completely correct in his assessment of the Kamui chalk.... I got my cube today and it is better than any chalk I have tried to date.... I stuck it on my BK2 and started shooting stroke shots.... Not only did it not miscue but the speed to spin ratio leaves the blue diamond in the dust.....

Snapshot9

son of 3 leg 1 eye dog ..
Silver Member
Chalk

First, I never miscue with Blue Diamond. All you have to do is chalk your tip frequently, and stroke the cue ball good.

Second, I am too cheap to EVER pay $25-28 for one piece of chalk.

cueball1950

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
First, I never miscue with Blue Diamond. All you have to do is chalk your tip frequently, and stroke the cue ball good.

Tap Tap Tap.......I totally agree...................mike

jalapus logan

be all. and supports it to
Silver Member
Hmmm...$25 or so for some chalk??? Well now, let's see. After groceries, insurance, utilities, table time, etc., I can afford about one quarter of one peice of chalk per month. Anyone got that amount left for resale???:rolleyes:

Maxx

AzB Platinum Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Hmmm...$25 or so for some chalk??? Well now, let's see. After groceries, insurance, utilities, table time, etc., I can afford about one quarter of one peice of chalk per month. Anyone got that amount left for resale???:rolleyes:

It'll be like the old guy picking up butts outside the bar; rifling through the trash for the wore out "good" piece of Kamui chalk. :smile:

pooljunkie75

Bruce Johnson
Silver Member
As a dealer, I got some kamui chalk to try out so I could see for myself what all of the hype was, and it for sure is VERY different than any chalk I've ever used. It feels like I'm coating my tip with paste. I believe it will help with miscuing, but so will improving my stroke. I do think it transfers spin better though. I kind of like it but i did notice that it leaves a lot of chalk on the cue ball which I don't like at all. Anyone notice this?

mattb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Kamui

The chalk is decent stuff but I did not see enough in it to change and spend that kind of money. I chalk almost every shot anyway out of habit so it should not matter. To me the price isn't even reasonable. Make it reasonable and we will talk.

This is a case of mind over money. If you got the money, you don't mind.

King T

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
$25 chalk???

I think so...., is a $3000 South West practical compared to a $300 Viking or a $75 shaft to $275 Predator.., If you cant afford the technology thats one thing..., but that doesnt make it less valuble and anything to keep people investing in our industry is a good thing....,

People who buy $25 chalk, $300 shafts, $3000 cues (my cue $1900 JW)keep us aflot dont knock them, encourage them!!

KMRUNOUT

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think so...., is a $3000 South West practical compared to a $300 Viking or a $75 shaft to $275 Predator.., If you cant afford the technology thats one thing..., but that doesnt make it less valuble and anything to keep people investing in our industry is a good thing....,

People who buy $25 chalk, $300 shafts, $3000 cues (my cue $1900 JW)keep us aflot dont knock them, encourage them!!

Excellent point, excellent post. Tap tap.

KMRUNOUT

dr9ball

"Lock Doctor"
Silver Member
I just can't encourage a lack of common sense. But if people will pay it, so be it. :)

Luxury

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
As a dealer, I got some kamui chalk to try out so I could see for myself what all of the hype was, and it for sure is VERY different than any chalk I've ever used. It feels like I'm coating my tip with paste. I believe it will help with miscuing, but so will improving my stroke. I do think it transfers spin better though. I kind of like it but i did notice that it leaves a lot of chalk on the cue ball which I don't like at all. Anyone notice this?

I tried to buy some from a guy I heard had some and he said I wouldn't want it because chalk would be everywhere. I'm still open tho.

The Renfro

Outsville.com
Silver Member
I just can't encourage a lack of common sense. But if people will pay it, so be it. :)

That's a pretty narrow minded answer... If you check the original post you should note that I said I put it on my BK2..... Now I will grant you that you don't know a thing about me but I can fill you in....

In the 90s I found a tip called the future tip and I was hooked from day 1... It was likely the first phenolic tip seen on the market... When they went out of business I almost cried.... Fast forward almost 20 years and the BK2 is released..... I can play with it and it fits my game.... except for the fact that it is very prone to miscue.......

I bought the Kamui chalk to see if it was possibly the answer.... I spent all night hitting balls and for me it is....

So if your ego can take it I will gladly play you with my break cue, phenolic tip and all... I am pretty sure I can make up the $29 sticker price in short order even if it is only a placebo effect.... Which I can promise you it is not......

dr9ball

"Lock Doctor"
Silver Member
That's a pretty narrow minded answer...

So if your ego can take it I will gladly play you with my break cue, phenolic tip and all... I am pretty sure I can make up the $29 sticker price in short order even if it is only a placebo effect.... Which I can promise you it is not......

I simply voiced my opinion that I can't support what I feel is a lack of common sense for those that will pay $25 for a piece of chalk. I also said that if they want to pay it then so be it. It's ok with me. And your response is that you want to throw down a challenge to gamble?

I'm not sure what that proves about paying $25 for chalk. If you're a better player you should win no matter if you use Kamui or Masters or Blue Diamond or another other quality chalk. If it is something you like then buy it. I don't have any problem with it.

For the record my comment was in response to King T's post

Quote from King T>>
<<

So my comment really doesn't have one thing to do with you personally. If you still have a problem send me a PM and we'll work it out.

ironman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I have to agree and as much of that stuff as I lose during a match, it would be crazy.

The Renfro

Outsville.com
Silver Member
I simply voiced my opinion that I can't support what I feel is a lack of common sense for those that will pay $25 for a piece of chalk. I also said that if they want to pay it then so be it. It's ok with me. And your response is that you want to throw down a challenge to gamble?

I'm not sure what that proves about paying $25 for chalk. If you're a better player you should win no matter if you use Kamui or Masters or Blue Diamond or another other quality chalk. If it is something you like then buy it. I don't have any problem with it.

Quote from King T>>
<<

So my comment really doesn't have one thing to do with you personally. If you still have a problem send me a PM and we'll work it out.

I didn't directly say we could gamble. I just said I would recoup my investment. I did change gears in mid paragraph but I have paid for every piece of equipment I own from tournaments so 29 bucks should get covered quickly.... I would have told you to bring your wallet if I was woofing.......

Since I actually started this thread "for the record" I feel like you are calling out anyone who has purchased the Kamui chalk on the basis of common sense.... To boot you are doing so from a position of lack of information since you have not tried the chalk which definitely shows an entire lack of common sense....

I was on the fence about the chalk for the past few months and Danny D. told me he has had a piece of it for about 6 months and that there is definitively something to it.....

Spin is about friction... Fewer miscues is about friction..... Makes perfect sense to me to utilize the product that gives the highest coefficient of friction.

Do I think it is overpriced... yuppers.... Do I think it's worth it? Ask me in a few months... Odds are if I leave it on the table or otherwise lose it I will have a resounding heck no..... If I manage to keep up with it for 6 months or longer I will think it was well worth the investment....

Do I have a problem with you? Not a personal one... But I do have a problem with anyone who criticizes a product without even trying it... Same way I felt when Predator came out and I had to listen to guys bad mouth them for years.......

Petros Andrikop

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I haven't tried it yet.
From what I understand from the descriptions placed here, it leaves more amount of chalk on the tip than other chalk.
I have tried a chalk that does the same (or similar) thing.
IMHO there's a problem when using that kind of chalk: it increases throw effect on several occasions..

The Renfro

Outsville.com
Silver Member
Petros I did notice blue contact patches on the cueball tonight and I had to wipe it down several times..... I think the odds of hitting one of the patches is pretty slim as long as you clean cueball between racks and in a tournament you can always request a referee to clean the ball at any time during the rack.....

For me the fact that it sticks is a plus... I have been trying to get away from playing with phenolic because of the propensity for it to miscue when you move out to the edge.... Tonight I spent the whole evening out on the edge of the ball and I had zero worries...... The COR of phenolic is unmatched by any leather tip.... I like the almost 1:1 ratio of stroke speed to cueball speed.....

jalapus logan

be all. and supports it to
Silver Member

Quote from King T>>
<<

dr9ball,

You should not take offense to this open offer to gamble. This is merely an example of pool players attempting to settle a dispute in their native habitat. To illistrate:

me: the sky is blue
you: wrong, the sky is pink with paisley patterns
me: you are incorrect sir, and I'll prove it by beating you at a $1000 set of 9 or 10 ball, racing to 9 and the 9 or 10 doesn't count on the break.

In order to properly proceed from this point, we would then have to do some nitty posturing and then go our separate ways after having played no sets, since as pool players, neither of us would have had any money to gamble anyway.