As bad as I hate to.....

WoodyJ

Sacred Cow=Best Hamburger
Gold Member
Silver Member
... my real concern is with how much cleaner your table stays. My table gets SO dirty so fast from playing with Master chalk. I have to clean the table every 4 hours or so of play. After than my hand starts getting dirty and then the cue starts getting dirty, blah blah blah.

I used to play in pool halls all day and HATED how skanky that tables were and thus how dirty my cue and hands would get after hours of play. I like keeping everything nice and clean and I'm figuring this might make a huge difference in that department.

Anyone notice a substantially cleaner table? It seems like that would be the case.

Same for me. I chalk before every shot. With Masters it doesn't stick much to the cue ball and it goes all over the table.

Have played with Blue Diamond for 2 years and a lot of it sticks to the cue ball. Which means that every time I rack or break or have BIH I rub the cue off on my shirt. Lots less gets on the table because it gets on me.

Same with the Kamui perhaps even more so since it's less powderey.

Though I have to admit that I went back to Blue Diamond after a few days of trying the Kamui. The Kamui just felt weird going on. I missed the scritch, scritch, scritch feeling/sound I was used to with other chalk. The Kamui was more akin to the consistancy of hard women's lipstick or mascara.

Bill812

Bill812
Silver Member
Hey Chris, when I first saw you post this thread, I knew it was gonna be a good one! PM me where you've been playing these last 10 months, maybe we can shoot a little.
BradenK; You definitely don't want to gamble with Renfro but I commend you on your scotch taste, my favorite Single malt scotch of all time too is the GlenFiddich 18 year old. I do have to however, correct you on placing single malts and blended scotches in the same category. There simply is no comparison between them. And when you do compare them amongst themselves, it is purely personal preference in my opinion. For instance; some people really like Johnny Walker and think the Blue label is the best scotch there is. I, on the other hand can't stand any of it. To me, the entire Johnny Walker line tastes about the same, so I can't see how anyone could justify spending $180-/bottle for the Blue label when it tastes just as bad as $15-/bottle of Red, like I said, it's all personal preference. BTW, as for blended scotches Chivas is actually a good scotch and there are many different derivations of it. Chivas would be my blended scotch of choice.
Back to chalk now, if you're going to invest in high dollar chalk, invest in the American made 11 in 1 Cueshark ultimate Pocket tool. I have been using it for almost 2 years and have never lost a single cube of chalk, the chalk holder/Talc dispenser is personalized with my name on it, so even if I let someone borrow it, it always comes back to me. The owner of Cueshark, Kevin, is on AZ and is a great guy, offers a lifetime warranty and ships really fast. So if you invest big bucks in your cues and chalk, it makes sense to make a one-time investment in this great tool that attaches to your waistband. Check it out at cueshark.com Yes, this is a shameless plug for a great AZ'er & a great product.

Last edited:

conetip

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The Kamui chalk really is very cheap to use. I stopped counting after 200 games, but have used it on more than 20 tips, just playing matches and testing.Some tips I only played 1 or 2 games, other tips I have played more than 10 games.
My hands stay clean, the case is still clean.
It is just the initial outlay that seems alot.I have been using it for 5 months now and is the only chalk that I choose to use. I let others try it as well.
I find it to be a very consistent product.
So far, the cost per game for chalk is less than 12 cents and getting lower.
At this point, the price of the chalk is now very insignificant compared to the advantages that are gained.
I can change tips, and not have to worry about will I miscue or not. Maybe my stroke has improved enough that the miscue thing is not happening,maybe it is the chalk, or is it that I do not need to be so far off centre for the same spin. It could be a combination of all the factors.
John Barton showed that no matter what chalk you use or skill level, hit it wrong and you still will miscue .

The Renfro

Outsville.com
Silver Member
Fast forward almost 20 years and the BK2 is released..... I can play with it and it fits my game.... except for the fact that it is very prone to miscue.......

Renfro, Do you actually play with your BK2...as in besides breaking?

Actually I do play with the BK2... The phenolic on it is not the usual grade found on most break/jump cue...

I have strung a 6 and a 5 in tournament play with it and 3s are pretty common... I have strung more with leather in practice but my speed control with the BK2 is closer to what my mind sees the ball doing in my imagination.....

The issue is that out on the edge I am walking on a razorblade... I can put a good stroke on the shot and miscue with masters or blue diamond if I don't constantly scuff the tip... I scuff so often I will wear down a tip in about 8 months... Thank god for Joe Blackburn being an authorized Predator repair center.....

dr9ball I had missed the other post where you had stated you had used it so I can respect your opinion for yourself and for the other posters in this forum that are playing with leather... Playing with leather I don't think I have miscued over a handful of times in ages.......

The Renfro

Outsville.com
Silver Member
If anyone wants a custom chalk holder with kamui chalk
pm.

The chalk holder in your Avatar definitely looks pretty cool.... You have pictures of others you have made?? If you have posted them already link me the thread... I had already decided I needed to invest in something now instead of just sticking it in my pocket like I do with the Blue Diamond.... Most of my bluejeans now have matching pockets from this practice and I don't want to wear the Kamui out by continuing the habit.....

Hey Bill glad to see you on here again.... Belated happy birthday!!! I have mainly been practicing here at the house and just bought a 9ft brunswick that I am starting resto on..... The mancave has to have a lolly beam moved and the floors done with HiRef Epoxy.... As soon as I am done I will likely have a bunch of folks over......

The Renfro

Outsville.com
Silver Member
A custom chalk holder. Hell's bloody bells.

Hahah custom case, custom jump cue, custom shafts, custom playing cue even tho I am playing with my production break cue... Custom chalk holder makes perfect sense.... Heck I may even order some finger slides... I hear they customize those for ya........

TheThaiger

Banned
Hahah custom case, custom jump cue, custom shafts, custom playing cue even tho I am playing with my production break cue... Custom chalk holder makes perfect sense.... Heck I may even order some finger slides... I hear they customize those for ya........

You lot HAVE to stop producing things I don't really need. You'll see me out on the streets soon.

pooljunkie4ever

Grab Life by the BALL!
Silver Member
The chalk holder in your Avatar definitely looks pretty cool.... You have pictures of others you have made?? If you have posted them already link me the thread... I had already decided I needed to invest in something now instead of just sticking it in my pocket like I do with the Blue Diamond.... Most of my bluejeans now have matching pockets from this practice and I don't want to wear the Kamui out by continuing the habit.....

Hey Bill glad to see you on here again.... Belated happy birthday!!! I have mainly been practicing here at the house and just bought a 9ft brunswick that I am starting resto on..... The mancave has to have a lolly beam moved and the floors done with HiRef Epoxy.... As soon as I am done I will likely have a bunch of folks over......

Here is a link. http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=210480

Let me know, will send you a drawing for your approval before I laser cut the piece. I am working on getting the pieces powder coated, new version. Maybe you can be my first powder coating chalk holder customer. :thumbup:

Bill812

Bill812
Silver Member

Thanx for the B'day wishes!
I do have a pair of Lolly collom jacks if you need to borrow them for the job. I used them to make beam repairs on my first house to level the floors above when I gutted my 100 year old row home years ago. Are you doing the work yourself or contracting it out? If you're doing it yourself and you need a hand, just let me know, it's been a while but I've done it before. If you get a chance to get down to Games & Things, you can check out the Cueshark holster they have on display and order through them, I know the inventor/owner, Kevin & he may be able to work with you on pricing/personalizing it if you like it. I really do like mine, I think "it's the cat's ass", too bad they don't make Kamui tan chalk though...

stunshotDAVE

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
miss cue

My thoughts: horrible speckled colour, nowhere near as 'pastey' as I'd expected - it's really powdery, in fact - and it's small. It works well, however.

I use it as an undercoat - I give all cues a good coating at start of play, and then use BD after every shot. Not sure if there's a great deal of difference doing this, however. Miscueing is a significant problem for me and I THINK I've been miscueing less since using it.

The jury's still out for me, but it's interesting enough to waste $28 on. The biggest issue for me is I LIKE to chalk after every shot. It's therapeutic, and gives me something to do whilst cursing my opponent for taking so damn long after every shot.

it is obvious that you can not deliver the cue through the center of the cue ball,,,,,,,,,with a LEVEL cue. buy kamui chalk from now on,,,,,, you will miscue less,,,,,,,,,,,but alot, compared to players with a level stroke!

BradenK

My Thight HURTS!!!
Silver Member
Hey Chris, when I first saw you post this thread, I knew it was gonna be a good one! PM me where you've been playing these last 10 months, maybe we can shoot a little.
BradenK; You definitely don't want to gamble with Renfro but I commend you on your scotch taste, my favorite Single malt scotch of all time too is the GlenFiddich 18 year old. I do have to however, correct you on placing single malts and blended scotches in the same category. There simply is no comparison between them. And when you do compare them amongst themselves, it is purely personal preference in my opinion. For instance; some people really like Johnny Walker and think the Blue label is the best scotch there is. I, on the other hand can't stand any of it. To me, the entire Johnny Walker line tastes about the same, so I can't see how anyone could justify spending $180-/bottle for the Blue label when it tastes just as bad as $15-/bottle of Red, like I said, it's all personal preference. BTW, as for blended scotches Chivas is actually a good scotch and there are many different derivations of it. Chivas would be my blended scotch of choice.
Back to chalk now, if you're going to invest in high dollar chalk, invest in the American made 11 in 1 Cueshark ultimate Pocket tool. I have been using it for almost 2 years and have never lost a single cube of chalk, the chalk holder/Talc dispenser is personalized with my name on it, so even if I let someone borrow it, it always comes back to me. The owner of Cueshark, Kevin, is on AZ and is a great guy, offers a lifetime warranty and ships really fast. So if you invest big bucks in your cues and chalk, it makes sense to make a one-time investment in this great tool that attaches to your waistband. Check it out at cueshark.com Yes, this is a shameless plug for a great AZ'er & a great product.

I honestly eas not trying to compare blended and single malt scotch. I hold the same opinion as you. Blended sucks. Period.

And I will have to look into your shameless plug. Sounds like something I need.

Braden

shinobi

kanadajindayo
Silver Member
Laserbrn,

The guy I purchased my piece of Kamui from only sold it because he did not like what the chalk was doing to his table. I cannot state this for myself, but I wanted to relay the information to you so you had it in advance. Good luck and I hope this helps.

Braden

You know chalk is expensive when there becomes a re-sale market for it :D

ibuycues

I Love Box Cues
Silver Member
Good Post............

Christ, you had me agreeing with you until i realised it was the chalk you were saying was the rip off. $8 for a mediocre whisky? Yikes.

He got me too........I thought he was going to be in favor of the chalk. Dammmmm :mad:

metallicane

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I went to Scotland with some guys a few years ago for golf and they were drinking 75 year old Spring Bank Scotch. It was $375 per glass. I would rather pay $25 for a cube of chalk.

Bill812

Bill812
Silver Member
I went to Scotland with some guys a few years ago for golf and they were drinking 75 year old Spring Bank Scotch. It was $375 per glass. I would rather pay $25 for a cube of chalk.

The chalk will last far longer!!! I love scotch, but I don't think I'd ever pay more than a cube of Kamui chalk for a shot (and it is pretty easy to do). Now, if someone is footing the bill on the scotch at $375 a pop, I'm not opposed to it...