UNDO- The Blue Pool Cue Shaft Cleaner

bignick31985

Life Long Learner
Silver Member
The stuff works. I've used different things to attempt to get the 'blue' out of my cue shaft for a while and nothing has quite done it. Shark Oil came the closest, until I bought UNDO. Lots of other ones did make the shaft smooth, but didnt remove any of the color.

It comes in a blue bottle, and it will probably have hundreds of applications. It's a white powder that you dump onto a damp cloth (or paper towel) and then rub it down. Repeat if necessary.

My 314 was blue. Very blue. Hit it 2 times with this stuff and the blue was almost entirely gone. Cleaned the ferrule back to bright white as well. I then hit the shaft with the silicone cloth from Cue Dr. and its slick for a while.

I know shaft freeze is the way to go, but if you have a blued cue shaft, try this stuff. I love it.

headmuses

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
bignick

Where did you purchase UNDO, everywhere I google to is either sold out or not in stock?

Thanks

Headmuses

No Limit

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I would also like to know this. I want to keep my shafts as clean as possible.

EddySJ

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
sounds similar

This product sounds simialr to another powdered product I used to use...
it came in a small white bottle with black and white label. I recall having to do several "scrubbing " type applications when the cue was really blue. The rag ended up paste-like with a a greyish/blue color when done. YUK
The product faintly smelled like bleach.

My cue maker told me to use 91% or higher alcohol to clean with (not soaking, just damp if at all) and burnish with a brown paper bag to seal the shaft.
I tried the powder product that I mentioned, and it seemed to raise the woodgrain of the shaft... (due to the water used to moisten the product). You also had to "rinse" the shaft with a clean damp rag after use of the cleaner.
It worked, but the end result required burnish and micro paper polish of the shaft. Another player shot with my old cue one nite and immediately said that the shaft got wet at some point and had "raised grain." I haven't used that product since.

Is there a warning label on the jar or contents of the UNDO?
FWIW my cue manufacturer said do NOT use silicone based cleaners or lubricants on the cue. I guess it does something to the wood over time.
The alcohol works for me... it isn't factory new when done, but it was better than the powder product I used previously since it didn't tend to raise the grain (fast evaporation I guess). THe cues never stay perfect white after the first use anyway, so I can live with a slight hint of blue, as long as the shaft is as slick as possible without damaging the wood or raising the grain.

brokenarrowjbe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have had good luck with the Mr Clean Magic Eraser walmart or target knock off. Easy to find. Can use denatured alcohol to activate instead of water. Shaft looks new. If it is to "blue" I use auto polishing compound to clean it, then use 0000 steel wool to knock down the raised grain, then a piece of wax paper or paper bag to burnish. Works great. Also have a piece of leather in the cue case but rarely use it. Shaft is like glass after the wax paper treatment. I also heard of sofscrub being used, supposedly the bleach version really whitens the shaft but have not personally tried it. Seems like spic and span used to have a commercial about being safe enough to clean glasses without scratching them but I did drink lots back in the day. Good luck, John

PickPocket

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have had good luck with the Mr Clean Magic Eraser walmart or target knock off. Easy to find. Can use denatured alcohol to activate instead of water. Shaft looks new. If it is to "blue" I use auto polishing compound to clean it, then use 0000 steel wool to knock down the raised grain, then a piece of wax paper or paper bag to burnish. Works great. Also have a piece of leather in the cue case but rarely use it. Shaft is like glass after the wax paper treatment. I also heard of sofscrub being used, supposedly the bleach version really whitens the shaft but have not personally tried it. Seems like spic and span used to have a commercial about being safe enough to clean glasses without scratching them but I did drink lots back in the day. Good luck, John

Yep Magic Clean + Denatured Alcohol, for cleaning. Cheap and works!

use what ever works for you to smooth and seal your shaft after, but the above is the way to go! IMO!

Tahoedirt

Tahoedirt
Getting the blue out

I haven't tried it yet, but there's a product that sounds similar (white powder) and I use it clean my All-Clad Stainless cookware- It's called " Bar Keepers Friend ". I'll report back after I try it, but I have a related question- this UNDO stuff. Does it take the clear coat off the shfaft as well ?. I'd be concerned its too abrasive ??