New Panjo Marketplace

azhousepro

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
OK, we are going to run the Panjo marketplace and see how it works for us.

When you post a new item in this area, you will be taken to the marketplace to set up the item and upon creation of the item in the marketplace, a thread will be created in this area with a link to your item in the marketplace.

There are no fees involved with this marketplace FOR NOW, but we will be looking into a structure where non Gold Members will have to pay a small placement fee.

Until we do implement that fee, have at it and post all that you want.

One important caveat though. You can NOT post new items that are currently in the AzB marketplace. We are not going to have people using this area to compete with our own marketplace.

Thanks for understanding.

PocketChalker

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Promoting crowdfunding campaigns or project

This looks like a much needed 'insurance' policy both buyers and sellers. Great idea and something I've never heard of before...Pango.

I've a question...

I've just launched a T-shirt campaign on Teespring.com.

http://teespring.com/stroke-be-true

This link gives you a $5 discount for the next 2 days if you happen to want to buy a shirt.
www.bit.ly/stroke-true-disc

If I wanted to promote this T-shirt...would I do it in the main forums?

10347538_10153127220238488_5412597766544615183_n.png

Thank you for everything.
Doug

Last edited:

DAVE_M

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Much, much, much more complicated

I agree.

Most people can't figure out how to use the search feature, let alone a new "feature."

Is there a tutorial or explanation of features for this new Panjo marketplace?

What's the difference between myself sending a PM to a seller or clicking the "buy it now" option? I already see a huge flaw... One seller has a thread for multiple items. If he's selling it all as a group, fine, but how is he supposed to sell it all seperately?

Last edited:

Allen Brown

Pool Whale
Silver Member
Does the new marketplace use our email addresses for any type of personal gain? Does AZB get a kickback for using this new marketplace?

plhlolelnlilx

F.I.S.H.
Silver Member
People don't like change but this is very straight forward and I'll bet it's adopted by most as a vast improvement rather than a hindrance.

DAVE_M

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
People don't like change but this is very straight forward and I'll bet it's adopted by most as a vast improvement rather than a hindrance.

I've given two solutions, in the past, that will make the marketplace better without employing a "new feature."

1. Set the forum default to "Thread Start Time" - They can bump as much as they want and it won't do anything.
2. Only allow paid members to create threads - This keeps spammers out.

Jim Baxter

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
??????????

I tried to list a simple set of j/ps , I think I did it right , but can't see where it went .

Much much more difficult .

Why fix something that is not broke ????

No instruction , just a change with not notice .

I a little confused and pissed . jim

azhousepro

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
No, we do not use your email addresses for anything. We already have your email addresses when you registered for the forum. Why would this be any different?

You aren't being charged anything to post items on it. How would be financially benefit from that?

rennerb6

Banned
Yeah, if it's not broken, really, why fix it?? Less it's gonna be taxed to death! Hope this works out for you. I love tap talk. Best link out there. Kiss, keep it simple stup**. The old adage...

DAVE_M

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No, we do not use your email addresses for anything. We already have your email addresses when you registered for the forum. Why would this be any different?

You aren't being charged anything to post items on it. How would be financially benefit from that?

I offered a simple solution multiple times. I'm either unheard or AzB administrators don't care/think it's a stupid idea. Which in any case, is not stupid. It works well for multiple forums.

There are no fees involved with this marketplace FOR NOW, but we will be looking into a structure where non Gold Members will have to pay a small placement fee.

Yes, there are no fees currently associated, but I'd rather support an entire website, than support the WF/S forum. Until things get better around here, I'm not renewing my gold membership.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi Mike,

Can you please give us some guidance on how/why this service works? I posted an ad to try it out, and I too was confused what is going on. Is it going on multiple sites, or just AZ billiards? I was totally confused by that.

I guess the biggest question is what is Panjo? I've never heard of it. And I'm pretty internet savvy, I think.

Does this offer some sort of buyer/seller protection? Is there any guarantee like on ebay where if you get "shafted" you get a refund from the service itself?

Just looking for more information, not saying its bad:)

Respectfully,
Nick

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Buggy. Paypal linking is broken. Lousy UI -- input flow not clear. I hope Panjo considers this an alpha release.

azhousepro

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hey gang, I said we were "trying" it.

I'm interested in actual feedback from people who have tried it. Not really interested in "Oh my god. Something is different. You suck" feedback.

For those of you that have tried posting items, what works and what doesn't?

Bob, how is the paypal linking broken?

Mike

Jim Baxter

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
After the 3ed try I did get the set of j/ps listed , and they sold . The buyer happened to be from Canada , now the shipping is over twice as much as if the buyer was from the US . Kiss any profit away from that set . No communication at all with the buyer , amd I happy , No , I liked the other way we did things .

With the buy it now does the buyer have to use paypal , it looks that way . I have a lot of my buyers sending checks and M.Oders . Should they Not hit the buy it now .

Is the 48 hr rule still in effect .

Where it says Location , in the avatar , I would like a Manditory , actual country where the person lives , city not nessary but country . I cant count the times I have been screwed because of this . I believe they leave that out just so they get a better shipping rate . Now with the buy it now button , we will really be getting screwed .

Long as I am ranting , My signature has very little writing in it but when I try to add something like shipping to foren countrys cost more it says I have used up all my space .

Also I have paid for a Gold membership yrs ago , but down in the members list my name is not hi lighted . In the avatar is says gold and silver ???? Why .

Bamacues

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
It seems OK, but how do you negotiate a price? It has the Buy It Now option, and that is it.

Joe

cueaddicts

AzB Gold Member
Silver Member
If you are running IE 8 or below, the link to this panjo stuff does not work. Will have to update the browser or run something else like Chrome or Firefox. No biggy, just something that some will experience.