Question for Those with Valley Tables at Home

GideonF

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've previously asked some questions in connection with a project to turn an unused building at my cottage into a home room. (Will post some pictures when it's in).

I bought a used Valley and got Ridgeback rails. Table is coming on Saturday.

Now to my question. For those who have Valleys at home, what do you do with the ball return mechanism? Do you have it set so the balls always come out (like a regular ball return)? Do you have it set so they stay in the trap until you plunge the (free) coin-op mechanism?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

mchnhed

I Came, I Shot, I Choked
Silver Member
Always rolling out.
Just like a real pool table.

I've previously asked some questions in connection with a project to turn an unused building at my cottage into a home room. (Will post some pictures when its in).

I bought a used Valley and got Ridgeback rails. Table is coming on Saturday.

Now to my question. For those who have Valleys at home, what do you do with the ball return mechanism? Do you have it set so the balls always come out (like a regular ball return)? Do you have it set so they stay in the trap until you plunge the (free) coin-op mechanism?

Thanks in advance.

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have the mechanism out.. I like the side door hanging open to take the balls out. I want it to be like a regular table

GideonF

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for all the replies. I'm sold on the run through.

Might even pull the coin op mechanism out.

Thanks.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member

Thanks.

Don't throw away the parts, Gideon.
...eventually, you may want to sell it and buy a Diamond.

michael4

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Thanks.

Keep the coin op mechanism, you might want to start charging your guests to play in the future :grin-square:

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member
My balls stop in the table then you need to push the coin mechanism in to release the balls. I modified my coin mechanism so you do not need 2 quarters to drop the balls. I think I had to disconnect 1 spring, it was very easy. I let the people believe who come over to play pool that they need to put 2 quarters in to drop the balls when they rack. :thumbup: