texas open, septembe 3-6 in round Rock texas

shayla

BODY - MIND - SOUL
Silver Member
Hello everyone….

We would like to invite everyone to this year’s Texas Open and we are striving to make this the best Texas Open ever. As previously stated we will have two extra tables for play this year. We have installed steps at the top of the ramp to the Billiards table and now have the two tables that Lewis has generally used open for play.

Moe at Atex Family Fun Center in Austin is installing new Simonis 860 cloth on all tables and these babies should play awesome. We have installed new plasma TV’s and our HVAC guy say’s our a/c units are running at peak performance.

We have decided on the Aramath Pro Cup Cue Ball aka Measle ball. We like the fact that the audience will be able to see the action the players put on a shot. Plus it will show well for the live stream. It is a good ball and will eliminate any inconsistencies in weight opposed to the red dot that comes in two different weights and to honest we are not sure what manufactured red dot balls we have.

The preliminary tournament this weekend July 31st and August 1st should fill up fast so Text Ray at 254-379-2569 asap Friday . Remember on day two – Sunday, if one of the ladies does not win that event Bob will buy the last lady standing an entry into the Open. That’s 4 places ‘Ol Bob is gonna pony up.

We are striving for everything to be as perfect as we can make it for everyone and to make the Texas 9 Ball Open Championships the finest and most exciting tournament ever.

Oh, and Bob will be playing as well so you best get yer game on baby!

We are looking forward to seeing everyone and good luck to all.

Bob.

Hi Bob!

Thank you so much for your reply and I must say that I am highly impressed with all the changes that you are making for the tournament and for the pool hall over all. I haven't played in the Texas Open for the past few years and I haven't been a patron of the establishment much in the past couple of years because I wasn't happy with the way previous management (or lack of?) handled their equipment and their patrons. Even though I live but not just a couple of miles away. It is obvious (per your post here and what I've heard through the grapevine) that you actually care about the Texas Open and care about pool players. I haven't really heard anything positive about any local pool halls in the past 10 yrs or so than what I've heard lately about Skinny Bobs.

Unfortunately, I already have plans for Labor Day weekend or else I'd be playing. I will try to attend to watch if I can get away. When time permits, I'll be sure to stop in sometime to hit some balls or maybe get back to playing league with my friends.

Keep up the great work, Skinny Bob!

-Shayla
(A loyal patron when I see management is also loyal.)

morinj29

Banned
bob, will the new cloth be ready in time for the qualifier tournament this wknd? thanks a bunch and i am looking forward to seeing the changes made!

JumpinJoe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hope so, give it enough time before the open to get broken in, u wouldnt want the main event of your year played on brand new cloth and all balls sliding/skidding for everyone

bob, will the new cloth be ready in time for the qualifier tournament this wknd? thanks a bunch and i am looking forward to seeing the changes made!

deadwhak

whatcha lookin' at???
Silver Member
ive heard how this tourney has been goin for 30+ years...was wondering if anyone has a list or a link to all the past winners????

Papa Red

Love it or Leave
Silver Member
ive heard how this tourney has been goin for 30+ years...was wondering if anyone has a list or a link to all the past winners????

Bob, I can't find the link but anyone you know that got a tee-shirt last year they are listed on the back.

Bigtruck

Capt Diff Lock
Gold Member
Silver Member
Congratulations to the Four players that got their entries paid to the Texas Open coming up in September on Labor Day Weekend!

1. James "Bastrop" Davis Sr - Winner, Open Division
2. Shane Manole - 3rd place but 2nd highest non qualifying
3. Roman Bayda - Winner, Mid-Level
4. Veronica Menah - Last Lady

Thanks to Rich & John for adding the entries! Good luck everyone!

Ray

orangecrush

Just a banger
Silver Member
I'll post them tomorrow!

Ok I got my tshirt out and here is the list. I had to add 2008 and 2009 since the shirt I have is from 2008.. :thumbup:

1974 Sammy Jones
1975 Richie Ambrose
1976 Roy Mallot
1977 Jack Breit
1978 James Christopher
1979 Bob Vanover
1980 Frank Thompson
1981 Bob Vanover
1982 Bob Vanover
1983 Bob Vanover
1984 Bob Vanover
1985 Bob Vanover
1986 Bob Vanover
1987 Calvin Harcrowe
1988 Jerry Prado
1989 Al Mason
1990 Gilbert Martinez, Jr
1991 Javier Franco
1992 Gilbert Martinez, Jr
1993 Gilbert Martinez, Jr
1994 Jeremy Jones
1995 Bob Vanover
1996 CJ Wiley
1997 CJ Wiley
1998 Buddy Hall
1999 Gabe Owen
2000 David Gutierrez
2001 Tony Watson
2002 Jeremy Jones
2003 Jeremy Jones
2004 Juilung Chen
2005 David Gutierrez
2006 David Henson
2007 Sylver Ochoa
2008 Shane Van Boening
2009 Chris Bartrum

Shane

ironman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ok I got my tshirt out and here is the list. I had to add 2008 and 2009 since the shirt I have is from 2008.. :thumbup:

1974 Sammy Jones
1975 Richie Ambrose
1976 Roy Mallot
1977 Jack Breit
1978 James Christopher
1979 Bob Vanover
1980 Frank Thompson
1981 Bob Vanover
1982 Bob Vanover
1983 Bob Vanover
1984 Bob Vanover
1985 Bob Vanover
1986 Bob Vanover
1987 Calvin Harcrowe
1988 Jerry Prado
1989 Al Mason
1990 Gilbert Martinez, Jr
1991 Javier Franco
1992 Gilbert Martinez, Jr
1993 Gilbert Martinez, Jr
1994 Jeremy Jones
1995 Bob Vanover
1996 CJ Wiley
1997 CJ Wiley
1998 Buddy Hall
1999 Gabe Owen
2000 David Gutierrez
2001 Tony Watson
2002 Jeremy Jones
2003 Jeremy Jones
2004 Juilung Chen
2005 David Gutierrez
2006 David Henson
2007 Sylver Ochoa
2008 Shane Van Boening
2009 Chris Bartrum

Shane

thanks I appreciate this

Bigtruck

Capt Diff Lock
Gold Member
Silver Member
LIVE Coverage!!!

You WILL be able to watch the feature table at:

www. PoolActionTV.com

Click on the Texas Open Tab!!!

I will not be there personally, but myself and SharkeN have been working with James Faison on the picture and technical side and Dwight Sisson on the commentary.

If anyone that has experience on the mic with any of our shows would be willing to sit in for a match or two, it will be greatly appreciated!

Ray

ironman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You WILL be able to watch the feature table at:

www. PoolActionTV.com

Click on the Texas Open Tab!!!

I will not be there personally, but myself and SharkeN have been working with James Faison on the picture and technical side and Dwight Sisson on the commentary.

If anyone that has experience on the mic with any of our shows would be willing to sit in for a match or two, it will be greatly appreciated!

Ray

i am getting many calls about entries. the easiest way is to go to SkinnyBobs.com and just click on paypal. it is just that easy!