Diamond Professional Table in Dymalux

NastyNick

I finally bit the bullet and ordered a full 9 foot Diamond Professional package in rosewood Dymalux from Heath Manning at manningcues.com.

I was recently speaking with Heath and learned that Diamond has now added a Dymalux option in charcoal, which looks really nice.

I've attached a picture of it from Heath's website.

You can access this picture at the following address (if you move your cursor over the "?" beside "Table Color" and then scroll down once the pop up window opens up):

https://manningcues.com/Diamond-Professional-Pool-Table.html

Attachments

• DYMALUX CHARCOAL.jpg
    DYMALUX CHARCOAL.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 1,518

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I finally bit the bullet and ordered a full 9 foot Diamond Professional package in rosewood Dymalux ...

Good choice! [I just looked at the DymaLux website for the first time.] I see that DymaLux is "Resin-Infused, dyed birch laminate." Does it have any different properties from the dearly departed Dymondwood (which contained birch and maple?)?

Last edited:

NastyNick

Good question that I unfortunately can't answer. I played on a number of 9 foot professionals in golden oak Dymondwood and the rails stood up really well to high use. Even though it's just a home table, I didn't want to have to ask my friends to take off their watches so as to prevent scratches to the finish on oak or maple rails. Also wanted to avoid dents from the occasionally bounced ball. Dymalux is simply the only wood-like non-wood option available.

franko

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Very nice looking the question I have is are they as wide as previous Diamond rails ?

Quesports

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Looks a lot like a finish that was called Silver Fox. I have many old books about refinishing that have some amazing finishes in them. Some if the formulas have to be read to be believed. Nice look...

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I finally bit the bullet and ordered a full 9 foot Diamond Professional package in rosewood Dymalux from Heath Manning at manningcues.com.

I was recently speaking with Heath and learned that Diamond has now added a Dymalux option in charcoal, which looks really nice.

I've attached a picture of it from Heath's website.

You can access this picture at the following address (if you move your cursor over the "?" beside "Table Color" and then scroll down once the pop up window opens up):

https://manningcues.com/Diamond-Professional-Pool-Table.html
Looks like the laminated stock on my rifle. That is really sweeeet.

NastyNick

Now in Rosewood

manningcues.com has added a picture of the rosewood Dymalux rails at the same URL.

Attachments

• DYMALUX ROSEWOOD RAILS.jpg
    DYMALUX ROSEWOOD RAILS.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 988

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
From my understanding, if you have PRC rails and want a set that is pictured, all you got to do is pony up with diamond and they'll swap em out.

It's not to expensive from what I was told by some who did it.

Rake

raven5000

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Please post pics of your table when it arrives I would like to see the finish product. Thinking about getting dymalux rosewood too