Old
  (#16)
rhncue
AzB Silver Member
rhncue has a reputation beyond reputerhncue has a reputation beyond reputerhncue has a reputation beyond reputerhncue has a reputation beyond reputerhncue has a reputation beyond reputerhncue has a reputation beyond reputerhncue has a reputation beyond reputerhncue has a reputation beyond reputerhncue has a reputation beyond reputerhncue has a reputation beyond reputerhncue has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

11-12-2011, 11:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spktur View Post
You got it all right except the location it was at the MGM Grand and was my first trip to Las Vegas
I know in 83 it was at Ceaser's Palace as I was there and finished 16-32. They had 72 tables set up in a L shaped room. There were 40 practice tables and 32 tournament tables.

Dick

Dick Neighbors
RHN Custom Billiard Cues
Cincinnati, OH
http://www.dickiecues.com
e-mail dickiecues@gmail.com
(513) 830-4321

Old
  (#17)
rhncue
AzB Silver Member
rhncue has a reputation beyond reputerhncue has a reputation beyond reputerhncue has a reputation beyond reputerhncue has a reputation beyond reputerhncue has a reputation beyond reputerhncue has a reputation beyond reputerhncue has a reputation beyond reputerhncue has a reputation beyond reputerhncue has a reputation beyond reputerhncue has a reputation beyond reputerhncue has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

11-12-2011, 11:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennesseejoe View Post
They took a wide angle photo (about 150 feet long) of all the players lined up and planned to use it as a promotional item for the next years tournament but some player flipped the bird. About 350 players lined up. Oh well, sometimes we just shoot ourselves in the foot.

That was a classy tournament and Miller Lite did it right. Great setting, plenty of referees, nice venue, etc.
Yes, they used some special panoramic camera. I always wondered why the picture was never used. Did they never hear of cropping, dodging and shading.

Dick

Dick Neighbors
RHN Custom Billiard Cues
Cincinnati, OH
http://www.dickiecues.com
e-mail dickiecues@gmail.com
(513) 830-4321

Page 2 of 2 12

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: