had my first 9 ball break and run today at the bar

judochoke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
went to my little bar to practice on their valley. started playing this older gentleman 8 ball, he was pretty good, so we were having a great time. we started talking about 9 ball and the way he played with different rules years ago. so he said you wanna play a 9 ball game? so he racked and I broke, and I made one ball on the break.

I just calmly went about my business, and when I got to the 8 and nine ball left, it dawned on me how close I was to a break and run. two stop shots later I had my first break and run, in a bar, not on my home table, in my career. (with witnesses)

to say I was happy would be a understatement. the older guy looked at me like I was nuts. I was grinning and slapping him on the back, I couldn't believe it.

this tells me that without any natural talent, nothing but hard work, practice, reading, watching videos, joining this forum, ect, ect, im on the right path. a path to where doesn't matter. :):):):):):):):):):

BC21

https://www.playpoolbetter.com
Gold Member
Silver Member
went to my little bar to practice on their valley. started playing this older gentleman 8 ball, he was pretty good, so we were having a great time. we started talking about 9 ball and the way he played with different rules years ago. so he said you wanna play a 9 ball game? so he racked and I broke, and I made one ball on the break.

I just calmly went about my business, and when I got to the 8 and nine ball left, it dawned on me how close I was to a break and run. two stop shots later I had my first break and run, in a bar, not on my home table, in my career. (with witnesses)

to say I was happy would be a understatement. the older guy looked at me like I was nuts. I was grinning and slapping him on the back, I couldn't believe it.

this tells me that without any natural talent, nothing but hard work, practice, reading, watching videos, joining this forum, ect, ect, im on the right path. a path to where doesn't matter. :):):):):):):):):):

Congratulations! Welcome to the pack club. Well, 1 isn't really a pack, but you'll get 2 racks in a row soon enough if you keep working on your game!! Then 3 and 4! I don't know what a 5-pack feels like, but I'd say it feels about as awesome as your 1st runout rack, or as sweet as a first 3-pack or 4-pack.

judochoke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
the last Time I had a sense of accomplishment like running this rack was when I first learned how to solve the rubix cube. seeing all four sides all the same was the same feeling as today.

(but I was watching a 6 year olds video on how to solve the cube, so It really didn't count):(:(:(:(:(:(:(

michael4

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
the last Time I had a sense of accomplishment like running this rack was when I first learned how to solve the rubix cube. seeing all four sides all the same was the same feeling as today.

^^^ that's a good start, but you should keep going on the rubix cube until all six sides are the same color ;););););)

RiverCity

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
^^^ that's a good start, but you should keep going on the rubix cube until all six sides are the same color ;););););)

If you want all 6 sides to be the same color, you need a special cube. :thumbup:

rubik_white.jpg

judochoke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Very funny Michael4. As Sarah sanders would say, a slip of the tounge. But thanks. All six sides the same color:cool:

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

The path to "where"....... does matter. In fact, that's all that matters.

Make you path, like mine:

To reach the "my best"..... whatever that "best" is....well, it is what it is.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ and

HAVE FUN doing it!

If you keep both of the above true, well, you will at some point, come on here and NOT post about "1" break-n-run......you'll be posting vids of your "packs".

CONGRATULATIONS!

Keep that DRIVE alive any way you can but, NOT at the expense of HAVING FUN!