At the end of an 8 ball game do you feel cheated?

Biloxi Boy

Man With A Golden Arm
Nothing is perfect.
Chalk this up as one of the many evils attributable to quarter tables --
a train that left the station a long time ago, maybe before you were born.
Suck it up or quit.
Your choice.
Whining solves nothing.

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Let me ask you this.......if you went bowling and threw a 256 game, would you feel cheated if.........
you threw less balls than the guy that rolled a 158 against you but he got to roll a lot more balls so
would you feel cheated the other guy got more balls to roll than you did in that game that you still won?

jaime_lion

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Some price conscious players choose to play nine ball followed by a game of six ball or vice a versa, with the remaining balls after the first game is completed, when playing on a coin up table, just to get their their money’s worth.

Even if I play 8 ball by myself I always shoot all the balls in.

Nothing is perfect.
Chalk this up as one of the many evils attributable to quarter tables --
a train that left the station a long time ago, maybe before you were born.
Suck it up or quit.
Your choice.
Whining solves nothing.

Honestly at this point I am just waiting for that one thing to finally make me leave pool.

Let me ask you this.......if you went bowling and threw a 256 game, would you feel cheated if.........
you threw less balls than the guy that rolled a 158 against you but he got to roll a lot more balls so
would you feel cheated the other guy got more balls to roll than you did in that game that you still won?

No I would not feel cheated. Because in bowling it kind of evens out. Lets say I roll a strike in one frame and the next guy rolls a spare. Yes he go to roll a second ball but we both struck the same number of pins. Also I guess because the payment method is different for bowling vs pool. Pool weights on me more. I don't feel cheated on a rental table.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I put this guy on "Ignore" for good reason apparently. Wow. Wonder why he even plays the game???

Z-Nole

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This may help. Reduce the balls on the table in the beginning.

When your league opponent steps up to break, take the cue ball and throw it on the floor.

I guarantee people will all get a good laugh.

That’s hilarious.

MitchAlsup

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So I am curious does anyone else feel cheated when they get done playing 8 ball on a coin op table and there are still balls on the table?

Do you feel cheated at bowling when you get a strike, and could have had another roll at the pins ?

gregnice37

Bar Banger, Cue Collector
Silver Member
Every league I've played in was always on bar coin op tables. Never did we have to pay each game. The league I'm in now we open the tables. The other 2 leagues previously the host bar gave quarters to use every league night. This paying yourself during league is odd to me.

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member
So I am curious does anyone else feel cheated when they get done playing 8 ball on a coin op table and there are still balls on the table? It feels like I paid for the game I should be able to shoot all the balls in the holes before the next game so I got my money worth. Even if they are my opponents balls I still feels cheated.

Anyone else feel this way?

Thanks

I actually kind of like it when there are a lot of balls left on the table at the end of a game. Hopefully they are my opponents balls and there are 7 left because I ran out on him while he watched from his chair.

jaime_lion

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Every league I've played in was always on bar coin op tables. Never did we have to pay each game. The league I'm in now we open the tables. The other 2 leagues previously the host bar gave quarters to use every league night. This paying yourself during league is odd to me.

How did that work? With the league I am in right now it costs 5 dollars to play and then everyone chips in a few dollars so we have quarters. So the bar would just give you guys quarters for free? Or did dues go tawords quarters?

markjames

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
if the game costs two dollars and i only have two dollars
yes i will shoot them all in and then go home.

gregnice37

Bar Banger, Cue Collector
Silver Member
How did that work? With the league I am in right now it costs 5 dollars to play and then everyone chips in a few dollars so we have quarters. So the bar would just give you guys quarters for free? Or did dues go tawords quarters?

Well to at in any of the 3 leagues it was always $10 in fees for the night. But no one would chip in for quarters. The bars either open the tables up or supplied the teams with quarters. The owners figure there is enough drink and food orders on league nights that it's beneficial to keep teams coming by giving free pool

boogieman

It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that ping.
I actually kind of like it when there are a lot of balls left on the table at the end of a game. Hopefully they are my opponents balls and there are 7 left because I ran out on him while he watched from his chair.

:thumbup: Definitely! It's really bad if it's the other way around, then I feel cheated for sure. :mad: