Info on Old Mali

phade

I am one with my cue
Silver Member
I'm getting this old Mali, not sure of the value or from what year, missing rubber bumper I was told cue is perfect straight together and apart. Any and all information would be great thanks Dom.

Last edited:

poolguy4u

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
MV-7 Mali

Model MV-7 from the 2006-2007 Aurora catalog.

Retail was $225. And dealer price was....:wink:

RFranklin

Ready, fire...aim
Silver Member
Old Mali

That is one of the newer Mali cues. The old Green lettered Mali's from the 80's were actually built pretty well. Then they sent thier stuff overseas for a while and the quality tanked. These latest ones are built pretty well and they have gone with good old fashioned Busha and Hoppe designs. Based on the cues you play with, you probably wont think it is very solid. I would say that they dont hit as well as a Joss or Schon but if you put a Tiger or OB on it, you wont be able to tell the differnce anyway. :D

Last edited:

phade

I am one with my cue
Silver Member
Thank you so much with all the information. This cue was being offered to at 130 plus shiping as a used but mint cue.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

mortuarymike-nv

mortuarymike-nv
Silver Member
old green mali

That is one of the newer Mali cues. The old Green lettered Mali's from the 80's were actually built pretty well. Then they sent thier stuff overseas for a while and the quality tanked. These latest ones are built pretty well and they have gone with good old fashioned Busha and Hoppe designs. Based on the cues you play with, you probably wont think it is very solid. I would say that they dont hit as well as a Joss or Schon but if you put a Tiger or OB on it, you wont be able to tell the differnce anyway. :D

I have a old wrapless mali with green lettering . I think mali is a hell of a good cue.
MMike

Last edited:

Thebigtexan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Too bad the older Mali's are not appreciated more.. My old green logo, even gold logo Mali's shoot solid as can be. My main players for a long time. Newer overseas models not so much IMO. If you go ahead with the purchase I hope you like it.

RFranklin

Ready, fire...aim
Silver Member
Green Label Mali

Not trying to hijack the thread but Mort Mike, if want to sell call me first. My first real cue was a 1984 green label plain jane that I whittled down to 12MM. Probably only weighed 17.5oz. Wish I had never sold it. :(

mortuarymike-nv

mortuarymike-nv
Silver Member
mali

Not trying to hijack the thread but Mort Mike, if want to sell call me first. My first real cue was a 1984 green label plain jane that I whittled down to 12MM. Probably only weighed 17.5oz. Wish I had never sold it. :(

The butt is in 100% shape , the shaft is warped. I have been straightening the shaft but it seems to have a memory.

I will work on the shaft some more, it is too nice of a cue to collect dust.

When I get the shaft straight ( if ) you still want it then we can work something out.

MMike