Just Purchased a new Meucci w/ Pro Shaft

So I'm a new member and this is my 2nd post after my introductory thread post but anyways, after reading the last few days I'm greatly concerned about my recent purchase that I made w/ Meucci.

I played quite a bit when I was 16-22yrs old and I got really good for a kid that age and won some local bar tournaments but I gave it up to pursue baseball as I played in College and sports was also a my first love.

Anyways, I usually put in extensive research before buying things but I just didn't come to this site soon enough and didn't see as much bad things about Meucci as I have seen here.

I spent $600 and purchased a 19.5 oz. Meucci B&M-3 w/ Pro Shaft, uncoated linen wrap, and Soft Ultra Skin tip (see pic below). I'm still waiting on it to arrive as I just purchased it 3 days ago. On their website it said just 1-2 extra days before delivery but when I emailed about ETA they said Meucci was behind some and I should get it shipped to me by 1-week.

Anyways, I hope i didn't make a colossal mistake. I was real close to getting a McDermott or Predator but ended up going w/ a Meucci as it seemed to be the lowest deflection shaft.

View attachment 447598

That is a really nice Meucci. I love the looks of it. I hope they get it shipped out to you soon. I assume that the delay is because you wanted it with the un finished over wrap.

Appreciate that lorider but I believe (hope) everything will be fine and I'll get the cue in an acceptable lead time. If something delays further I may PM you.

Something I don't get a little is why wouldn't Meucci include joint protectors in purchases of cues over a certain amount. I would think it is also in their best interest for the protectors to be included as not having them could effect the product that they make which would hurt their perceived quality.

Quite please with the responses as I thought my post woul just go unnoticed. The respect for each other in these forums is good to see.

Most high end cues do not come with joint protectors, unless they are one of a kind, and were ordered to come with matching joint protectors. Production cues do not come with free joint protectors, no matter how high end. If you want them, then you need to pay extra for them. I think that most believe that they are not really needed. If you have a good quality hard case, then no need to ever worry about the joint pin being damaged.

poolguy4u

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
:shakehead:

Oh my. Now that I read everything, you might be waiting a long time if your cue is not already done and not in stock.

And the guy I used to talk to, he'd say my cue would be out next week and it didn't come for months. That was like listening to a recording----we're working on your cue now and it will be out next week.

Good luck!

Shawn Armstrong

AZB deceased - stopped posting 5/13/2022
Silver Member
Most high end cues do not come with joint protectors, unless they are one of a kind, and were ordered to come with matching joint protectors. Production cues do not come with free joint protectors, no matter how high end. If you want them, then you need to pay extra for them. I think that most believe that they are not really needed. If you have a good quality hard case, then no need to ever worry about the joint pin being damaged.

Justin, you need to stop posting "facts" that are incorrect. My Mezz came with joint protectors. As did my Predator BK3. As did my Joss cue. All of those are production cues.

Many good quality production cues come with JPs.

strmanglr scott

All about Focus
Silver Member
JPs are ornamental imo unless your flying and have to check it in as luggage.

A better thing for me would be an app on my phone or alarm that tells me it's beyond a certain distance from me.

Mezz'd up

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I truly hope your Muecci order comes thru... but

10 years ago, I ordered a HP3 from a dealer, it came with a 3" knot in the shaft about 8" from the tip. It was pretty annoying, so decided to give Meucci a call and they said no problems with an exchange, wanted me to send the shaft back, I did, so they sent me another shaft about 30 days later, the new shaft had an 2" knot closer to tip. I was annoyed, and sold the cue. Vowed to myself that I would never buy another Muecci cue, EVER.

Well bring us to this past Nov. I saw Max Eberle's review on you tube. And he stated Bob was back, and the Pro Shaft was the nuts. I was so reluctant as my past with them hasn't been good, but decided to give them 1 more chance. I placed an order of a Pro2. They didn't have any in stock and would have to build one. I said fine - but please send me an email of a ETA. I didn't receive any emails from them so every week I called back, and still they had no ETA.

End of December the sent a Email, cue is shipped. I had to reply back, can you also send me a tracking #? lol.

Cue arrived - they had sent a Pro 3 a $500 lesser model. I didn't even try to cue, and sent it back. Emailed a return tracking #. asking for a full refund. They got my returned cue over a week ago. And I am still awaiting a refund to my CC card... :confused::eek::(

I am banging my head against a wall, and it's nice to know they still haven't changed...:(

Last edited:

Cezar Morales

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Justin, you need to stop posting "facts" that are incorrect. My Mezz came with joint protectors. As did my Predator BK3. As did my Joss cue. All of those are production cues.

Many good quality production cues come with JPs.

I was more suprised that he actually tried to give advice lol

strmanglr scott

All about Focus
Silver Member
I truly hope your Muecci order comes thru... but

10 years ago, I ordered a HP3 from a dealer, it came with a 3" knot in the shaft about 8" from the tip. It was pretty annoying, so decided to give Meucci a call and they said no problems with an exchange, wanted me to send the shaft back, I did, so they sent me another shaft about 30 days later, the new shaft had an 2" knot closer to tip. I was annoyed, and sold the cue. Vowed to myself that I would never buy another Muecci cue, EVER.

Well bring us to this past Nov. I saw Max Eberle's review on you tube. And he stated Bob was back, and the Pro Shaft was the nuts. I was so reluctant as my past with them hasn't been good, but decided to give them 1 more chance. I placed an order of a Pro2. They didn't have any in stock and would have to build one. I said fine - but please send me an email of a ETA. I didn't receive any emails from them so every week I called back, and still they had no ETA.

End of December the sent a Email, cue is shipped. I had to reply back, can you also send me a tracking #? lol.

Cue arrived - they had sent a Pro 3 a $500 lesser model. I didn't even try to cue, and sent it back. Emailed a return tracking #. asking for a full refund. They got my returned cue over a week ago. And I am still awaiting a refund to my CC card... :confused::eek::(

I am banging my head against a wall, and it's nice to know they still haven't changed...:(

You ordered from budget billiards?

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Back in the early 80's I got on a Moose league team. I didn't own a cue and needed one. There were basically only two cues that everyone in the league played with and that was because there were two people in the league that sold cues. One sold Meucci and the other McDermott so there was a camp for both.

I didn't know much about cues. One player told me about a cue dealer that sold many brands and gave good prices. I visited him and he sold me on a fairly new brand called Schon. He said to him they were just as good as if not better than a Joss (Stroud) that he had for sale at $600.

I ended up buying a Schon for $125. Took it to the league and everyone told me that I got ripped off for paying that much for a off brand cue that was a piece of crap.

Today I get a lot of compliments about how nice it is to play and requests to sell it.

Enjoy your cue.

🎱

I remember thinking of Schon as a "wannabe" Joss. :grin-square: Same with Black Boar when they came out. :embarrassed2:

Menelaus10

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I hope once you get your new Meucci, and give it a good run (no pun intended) you'll let us know how you feel about it.

LJhookem14

My friends call me LJ
Silver Member
Received the cue yesterday and I think it's stunning in person and looks beautiful.

Only issue I found was a small bur on the linen wrap where it meets the top of the butt sleeve.

It's very very tiny and I should be able to get that taken care of.

I took it last night to play around and shot by myself trying to figure out the deflection and I hit a ton of long straight in shots as well.

I kinda got it down towards the end but I played a guy around 10 racks and I struggled some when trying to work the cue ball so I need more time getting it dialed in. More about those 10 racks below.

Initially the deflection of the Pro Shaft is really good but I don't know how to compare as I haven't shot with any of the other LD shafts.

I went to a smaller billiard bar which had about 20 tables and it had a bigtime local crowd feel to it. I don't think they get many new people walking in.

An old timer came over and rather smugly was commenting on some of my shots and tried to give me a pointer but it was backhanded. I didn't think nothing of it as he didn't know it was my new stick and 1st day so I let it slide.

Later in the evening he asked to play 9-ball and I beat him 7-3 so I got the last laugh.

I will start another thread in the cue reviews in about 2-3 weeks with more input.

Sent from my iPhone using AzBilliards Forums