CTE PRO ONE: Tyler is a champion using it... now what? discredit CTE more?

Se7en6ix

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wahahaha...

Now that Tyler Styer is a champion....

People say, It's not Just CTE, but lots of practice and determination...

I'd agree wholeheartedly to those people if they are open-minded about CTE.

CTE Pro One does not make a champion... but it helps....

JC

Coos Cues
WTF is your problem.

TYLER is a CHAMPION. Extremely hard work made him a champion.

Fixed it for you. And absolutely Tyler is kick ass!

I would resent if some wanabees were out there attributing my hard earned success to some system. But I can't speak for Tyler.

Low500

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Your gaslighting isn't working, dear sir....

I would resent if some wanabees were out there attributing my hard earned success to some system. But I can't speak for Tyler.
Anything you might resent is not important in the big picture, you're merely small fry....like me.
The main reason I like to do "cheerleading" about CTE Aiming is because for years and years and years, right here in this very forum there have been a handful of small time amateurs who have trashed the concept up one side and down the other as being snake oil, lies, misleading, a swindle to get money from suckers, and all that stuff.
That contingency has been led by Patrick Johnson (an amateur if there ever was one) and Lou Figueroa (another amateur, but a better player than Johnson at least).
And of course they've picked up some enthusiastic "wingmen" along the way. ALL FILLED with derision and twisted ridicule.
So when someone takes the method and adds the sweat equity into the mix like Tyler has done (and others have done) and has become successful......I delight in, figuratively speaking, 'rubbing the mud' in the faces of those who've had the bully pulpit for years on end while preaching how it's all a big hoax and won't work. They deserve every bit of the horselaughs....things have a way of coming around, you know.
I know a little about CTE myself, but I have no illusions about becoming a champion of anything......except of a few local Moose Clubs in my neighborhood. I cannot and will not invest in the sweat equity as Tyler has done and I have very little natural talent either. But I'm not one of those in here running all over the place trying to tell people how to shoot pool, ridiculing others, giving advice on tangents, stances, and strokes, and trying to sell books either.
(Even as bad as I play, I still would bet I could beat Patrick Johnson...the chief know-it-all in this entire site)

Low500

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wahahaha...
Now that Tyler Styer is a champion....
People say, It's not Just CTE, but lots of practice and determination...
I'd agree wholeheartedly to those people if they are open-minded about CTE.
CTE Pro One does not make a champion... but it helps....
^^
What he said. :thumbup2::thumbup2::thumbup2:

JC

Coos Cues
Anything you might resent is not important in the big picture, you're merely small fry....like me.
The main reason I like to do "cheerleading" about CTE Aiming is because for years and years and years, right here in this very forum there have been a handful of small time amateurs who have trashed the concept up one side and down the other as being snake oil, lies, misleading, a swindle to get money from suckers, and all that stuff.
That contingency has been led by Patrick Johnson (an amateur if there ever was one) and Lou Figueroa (another amateur, but a better player than Johnson at least).
And of course they've picked up some enthusiastic "wingmen" along the way. ALL FILLED with derision and twisted ridicule.
So when someone takes the method and adds the sweat equity into the mix like Tyler has done (and others have done) and has become successful......I delight in, figuratively speaking, 'rubbing the mud' in the faces of those who've had the bully pulpit for years on end while preaching how it's all a big hoax and won't work. They deserve every bit of the horselaughs....things have a way of coming around, you know.
I know a little about CTE myself, but I have no illusions about becoming a champion of anything......except of a few local Moose Clubs in my neighborhood. I cannot and will not invest in the sweat equity as Tyler has done and I have very little natural talent either. But I'm not one of those in here running all over the place trying to tell people how to shoot pool, ridiculing others, giving advice on tangents, stances, and strokes, and trying to sell books either.
(Even as bad as I play, I still would bet I could beat Patrick Johnson...the chief know-it-all in this entire site)

I will give it my best shot and play you even.:smile:

Boxcar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Golly, our lives would all be so much happier and SO much more fulfilled if Earl and Efren would just go ahead and release their CTE vids. You know they've been using CTE for at least the last 45 years...that's right, they invented it in the mid '70s and didn't tell anybody, well anybody except Mike. If you look REAL close, that Mike is one pivoting MoFo. And then he taught it to Tom Cruise and then....and then...

Oh yah, the Earl and Efren vids, if they are ever released, will be titled "CTE - E&E, The REAL Truth."

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
Golly, our lives would all be so much happier and SO much more fulfilled if Earl and Efren would just go ahead and release their CTE vids. You know they've been using CTE for at least the last 45 years...that's right, they invented it in the mid '70s and didn't tell anybody, well anybody except Mike. If you look REAL close, that Mike is one pivoting MoFo. And then he taught it to Tom Cruise and then....and then...

Oh yah, the Earl and Efren vids, if they are ever released, will be titled "CTE - E&E, The REAL Truth."

Efren does use CTE.
Cock The Elbow then LTW, Limp The Wrist .
Many moons ago, some cult followers claimed Efren and Parica went to see an aiming guru in PA. I questioned, why the fkk would they do that when they were nailing spot shots on the Big Bertha table at the Hard Times .
The cult followers were all over me.
Then it turns out, as expected, their Ayatollah NEVER met Efren and Parica.

Boxcar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Efren does use CTE.
Cock The Elbow then LTW, Limp The Wrist .
Many moons ago, some cult followers claimed Efren and Parica went to see an aiming guru in PA. I questioned, why the fkk would they do that when they were nailing spot shots on the Big Bertha table at the Hard Times .
The cult followers were all over me.
Then it turns out, as expected, their Ayatollah NEVER met Efren and Parica.

Have you ever noticed that every time you talk to Earl about CTE he just kinda looks down and doesn't say anything? I think he knows we know.

Oh, there's a rumor about the Ol' Guru. Yep, he moved over to New Jersey to be closer to Earl.

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Well Tyler freely admits that Pro One aiming has helped him on his road to success. Yes his hard work on the table is definitely the driver to his great play, but pro one is a part of that.

It's completely laughable that you guys are afraid to admit that.

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Have you ever noticed that every time you talk to Earl about CTE he just kinda looks down and doesn't say anything? I think he knows we know.

Oh, there's a rumor about the Ol' Guru. Yep, he moved over to New Jersey to be closer to Earl.

Never heard Earl and CTE mentioned in the same sentence until you internet idiots did it. Earl is the most natural player of all time IMO.
Oh, and the "Ol' Guru" you guys are referring to passed away a few years ago. Have some respect you little fu%%

JC

Coos Cues
It's completely laughable that you guys are afraid to admit that.

Look at the baiting, mocking title of this thread and take a deep breath.

How sporty a player are you? May I please see a video of you playing before I accept the challenge?

BC21

https://www.playpoolbetter.com
Gold Member
Silver Member
Another example of an already pro-level player prior to CTE. Not saying CTE doesn't make him feel better or play better due to a more consistent PSR. But he's a champion because he was trained well and practiced what he learned at an early age.

Tyler started playing pool when he was about 14, and he had the excellent benefit of pro lessons through the BEF (Billiards Education Foundation), which is a great organization. I'd say quite a few aspiring young players that are fortunate enough to get lessons from PBIA instructors at such an early age, and are also given the opportunity to compete in junior national competitions, are likely to become pro-level players, provided they stick with the game and work/practice at what they are taught. Most kids, unfortunately (like where I grew up), have zero access to such learning opportunities. Lessons from Jerry Briesath when you're 16 or 17 would be an amazing advantage for any young player learning the game.

Like I said, this is nothing negative about CTE. It's just the reality of Tyler's road to championship pool. I'm sure there are other upcoming BEF students, or some who have already been through the BEF program, that have or will become champion-caliber players, but without CTE. Nevertheless, if one or more believes learning CTE will give them an edge over another player, then I'm sure they'll give it a try. It's tough competition at the highest level, so if you think something out there might give you an edge, go for it.

Meanwhile, countless average (non-pro) pool players are still trying to figure out why they continue to miss shots, regardless of 2 CTE dvds, endless YouTube clips on various pivot methods, ghostball lessons, traditional fractional aiming (the old "quarters system"), or whatever aiming method their inconsistent stroke or lack of table time just can't straighten out.....they remain stagnant in skill level.

Last edited:

Se7en6ix

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Let me iterate again, I do not mean to offend anybody..
like I said any aiming system does not make a champion... IT HELPS..

Now, whats absurd is... people does not like CTE and does not attribute it even if someone admittedly uses it....

from my understanding and based of what i've seen (also while teaching CTE) is that..
people hate for the following reasons...

1) They can't comprehend How CTE works
2) They immediately jump to "Make me good at pocketing using CTE"
3) stubbornness. They can't set aside their pre-knowldge of pool temporarily for CTE..
4) "My Version of CTE" which is a total comedy from my sight (or any real PRO One Users)

and

5) "if CTE works, let's play a game..." as if it's the total benchmark of proof for any aiming system....

plus

"if CTE WORKS shoot this shot (literally a shot that requires advance level of play)..." not even using common sense..... use safety for change!

in my opinion, those that dicredit CTE really cant pocket simple 15 random balls using it...

in all seriousness... a champion or any high lavel player is a combination of persistence, practice, patience and an aiming system (CTE/SEE/90-90/GhostBall/ContactPoints or Feel)

Last edited:

Se7en6ix

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
oh and by the way...... regarding to PARICA and EFREN..
Don't worry if we cross paths here in manila (EFREN) I'll ask him for sure if he really went to see that Guru of Aiming....

I've seen efren play up close just recently, his body sways left and right.. i'm not saying its CTE.....
it's how it is...

Efren will never tell his secrets.....

plus.. a FACT: they are legends and i love them, but they can't teach well.... even people close to him says their good but can't teach well enough...

what i meant by that is..... they can't properly convey even in local language their knowledge accordingly....

and what if EFREN answers "YES, i met up with that guy"...... guess what.. they will still discredit the "Guy" and "CTE".... so there's really no escape from those who hate CTE for whatever reasons.
and if EFREN answers "NO", then what.... naysayers celebrate much?.....okay.. and then what?....

Last edited:

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
oh and by the way...... regarding to PARICA and EFREN..
Don't worry if we cross paths here in manila (EFREN) I'll ask him for sure if he really went to see that Guru of Aiming....

I've seen efren play up close just recently, his body sways left and right.. i'm not saying its CTE.....
it's how it is...

Efren will never tell his secrets.....

plus.. a FACT: they are legends and i love them, but they can't teach well.... even people close to him says their good but can't teach well enough...

what i meant by that is..... they can't properly convey even in local language their knowledge accordingly....

and what if EFREN answers "YES, i met up with that guy"...... guess what.. they will still discredit the "Guy" and "CTE".... so there's really no escape from those who hate CTE for whatever reasons.
and if EFREN answers "NO", then what.... naysayers celebrate much?.....okay.. and then what?....

Efren will never tell his secrets but you're gonna ask him ?

And if Efren laughs about that aiming guru, I'm pretty sure you're gonna come back and say he laughed .

Why would Efren take aiming tips from someone he could have given the orange crush ?
Efren calls them maestro ( like the one teaching Tang Hoa the 3-point aiming system at Hard Times ) and don't hold too many of them in high regard.
Mark Wilson spent a good period with Efren . Yet, he doesn't claim some esoteric aiming system that Efren uses.
And since you're there, you might as well see Monching Mistica. Efren sends people who want to learn from him . Monching has spent many road trips with Efren. Don't ask him about some magic aiming system. You know all the shooting monsters there just know the "patama" in almost all shots .

When Efren first came to the US, he freaking goosegged Wade Crane. He shot some .900+ the WHOLE tournament . Why the fkk would he try to mess up his aiming ? :eek:

Se7en6ix

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

And if Efren laughs about that aiming guru, I'm pretty sure you're gonna come back and say he laughed .

Why would Efren take aiming tips from someone he could have given the orange crush ?
Efren calls them maestro ( like the one teaching Tang Hoa the 3-point aiming system at Hard Times ) and don't hold too many of them in high regard.
Mark Wilson spent a good period with Efren . Yet, he doesn't claim some esoteric aiming system that Efren uses.
And since you're there, you might as well see Monching Mistica. Efren sends people who want to learn from him . Monching has spent many road trips with Efren. Don't ask him about some magic aiming system. You know all the shooting monsters there just know the "patama" in almost all shots .

When Efren first came to the US, he freaking goosegged Wade Crane. He shot some .900+ the WHOLE tournament . Why the fkk would he try to mess up his aiming ? :eek:

Why would Efren take aiming tips from someone?
Why can't he ask? I'm sure even him has some basic questions for himself to whomever....
why ask me?
why even have that question? it's up to efren...

There's different line of questioning....

let's make it clear...

I'll just ask efren if we cross paths on an event.. if he met up with that aiming guru...
I'm gonna ask him how he sees the shot from "ball address"...
I'm sure it's not pure CTE, What i know is... as part of his arsenal he looks at edges....

ask mystica?

did you not know that old school/legend players like them will tell right in your face "no i dont use this and that.. i just loook here and shoot...."

and why these legend wil not tell their secrets?.. i'll give an example... look at busti, how he strokes always on the side, but then delivers straight through the center CB...

when he was asked why....

in the old days It simply is used to hide the techniques from an opponent, especially tricky spin shots...

and yes... the "patama" or feel shot or the act of thickening/thining a certain shot based on cue shaft and playing conditions...

that's the part that most monsters can't convey properly to a student....

Last edited:

Se7en6ix

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
anyways, all is good..

I just disagree on the "discrediting" part of any aiming system.
I get were they were coming from, i have the same mindset 8 years ago...

Try to learn it first, before making some discrediting.....coz if they do, they'll be out of their bubble and accept that it works, and not a silver bullet...

and let's remove the mindset that if legends don't use it it's not real, those are legends raised differently from you and me..

and let's not put our perceptions that a legend or a high level player in a place where he/she is never at.

All for the Good of Pool and conversation though.