Bandido's cues

Chucklez65

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
I must say, there is some unbelievable workmanship in these cues. Very first rate.

Thank you for sharing them with us.

Chucklez65

azhousepro

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Edwin, I think those are beautiful works of art and that we are very privileged to have you share them with us. Feel free to post pics of any other cues you would like.

Mike

Koop

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Edwin,
Yes please do continue to share those pictures. That is some amazing craftmanship.

Koop

bandido

Player Power!
Silver Member
The top one was made by my friend Ned Morris in 1996. He won an award at the Los Angeles Cue Show. This is 58 inches long.
Next cue down is Merwin's break cue by ER. He just loves ivory that even his break cue has an ivory joint. Don't worry, it's a center cut, flat-faced and threaded-on ivory joint. Cue length is 58 inches.
Below it is a cue made for EPT JoeyG's friend who wanted a cue made to Efren's specs. This cue is 60 inches long.
Bottom cue is EPT Tim Carter's Wild1 cue. This is a 62 incher.

Attachments

• mcmrwnjgw.jpg
    mcmrwnjgw.jpg
    9.3 KB · Views: 3,801

bandido

Player Power!
Silver Member
Merwin"s play cue. Note the break cues design similarity to this play cue.

Attachments

• merwin1.jpg
    merwin1.jpg
    5.7 KB · Views: 3,530

bandido

Player Power!
Silver Member
Here's one in ebony(ibano variety) and amboyna burl points. Jack's cue

Attachments

• jack.jpg
    jack.jpg
    8.6 KB · Views: 3,551

bandido

Player Power!
Silver Member
Asanuma BreakJump and Play set. Wish I had taken a close=up of the forearm to show you the quintuple inlayed points made out of natural color hardwoods (not glued on veneers).

Attachments

• asanuma.jpg
    asanuma.jpg
    10 KB · Views: 3,500
Last edited:

bandido

Player Power!
Silver Member
Pic removed by request. This cue was used in Efren's only movie "Pakners" by a current Philippine Presidential candidate, Fernando Poe, Jr.

Last edited:

bandido

Player Power!
Silver Member
Sorry, photo in the previous post was too small to view.

Attachments

• sample-of-er240-splice.jpg
    sample-of-er240-splice.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 3,939

bandido

Player Power!
Silver Member
Thank you all for your very appreciative and kind comments. I'll post pictures whenever a cue is completed. Special thanks to Mike.

bandido

Player Power!
Silver Member
Here's a close-up of the mitred bridge individually hand inlayed hardwood points. The black is ebony, red is red narra, yellow is yellow narra and white is hard maple.

Attachments

• mitred-bridge-points2.jpg
    mitred-bridge-points2.jpg
    9.5 KB · Views: 3,844

bandido

Player Power!
Silver Member
Here's the whole forearm.

Attachments

• mitred-bridge-pts-frm2.jpg
    mitred-bridge-pts-frm2.jpg
    6.6 KB · Views: 3,816

bandido

Player Power!
Silver Member
And this piece of information may just be the shocker. All the cavities for the inlays in all the cues that you've seen were cut with these tools.:D Told you that you'll be shocked, as even Sherm Adamson who recently visited my shop was.

Attachments

• inlaying-tools.jpg
    inlaying-tools.jpg
    9.1 KB · Views: 3,942
Last edited:

Chucklez65

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
I have to admit, it is very surprising tome that these are the tools of your trade.

Very impressive. All done by hand - no machining of the cuts for the inlays...sounds like an awful lot of work to me..heh

Thanks for sharing your work with us

Chuck

Raistlin

Ball banger
Silver Member
This going to sound cheesy, but what the hell:

Always an honour to the work of someone who has mastered their craft. Thanks for letting us see the pics, amzing stuff.