Spot shot madness by 12 year old Russian kid

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Kelly...I made no such analysis. It appeared to me that many shots were headed for the pocket, but hard to tell (for me, watching on a laptop) without slowing it down,and watching on a big monitor. You obviously made a much more detailed view of the video than I did, so I will bow to your view. I did compliment her sincerely...the first thing I said. I guess having an opinion, that could be misplaced is a federal crime here. Another reason why so many great posters have left this site, never to return.

Scott Lee
http://poolknowledge.com

Scott, I always defend instructors...the measure of an instructor is his students, not his game.

But your last sentence I disagree with...if a poster can’t handle some disagreement and
some correction, he CANNOT be a great poster.

MVPCues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Kelly...I made no such analysis. It appeared to me that many shots were headed for the pocket, but hard to tell (for me, watching on a laptop) without slowing it down,and watching on a big monitor. You obviously made a much more detailed view of the video than I did, so I will bow to your view. I did compliment her sincerely...the first thing I said. I guess having an opinion, that could be misplaced is a federal crime here. Another reason why so many great posters have left this site, never to return.

Scott Lee

"She would have scratched on the majority of those shots if she had not grabbed the CB first."

Those are your exact words. The majority of 140 shots is 71 or greater. You didn't say in your opinion she might have scratched some. You didn't say in your opinion maybe she would have. You stated as fact the majority of her shots she would have scratched. There was zero evidence to back up your claim. There is a good chance she would have never scratched once out of 140 shots.

Making out like I accused you of a federal crime and blaming me for the reason posters don't post here is just a nice attempt of misdirection. I accused you of making a ridiculous statement. Instead of just admitting how ridiculous and wrong your statement was, you compound how you look by coming back with "I made no such analysis".

Words are how we communicate with each other, so they actually mean something. Read your words again. If she was your student and you posted the video and I said those words, I'm quite confident you would have pointed out how ridiculous my statement would have been.

Last edited:

Bic D

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
pffftt, but can she make it in the left pocket?

Seriously, that was incredible.

maha

from way back when
Silver Member
it is forced training of children by the govt. in russia to prepare for olympics or competition for the govt.

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
It would take the bloom off the rose if she didn't want to be hitting balls

it is forced training of children by the govt. in russia to prepare for olympics or competition for the govt.

It would take the bloom off the rose if she didn't want to be there and hitting balls. Last I knew the chinese government still took children as young as three years old away from their parents to live and train in government schools if somebody decided they had any talent. Hadn't heard russia was doing the same but putin has very much went back to old soviet union ways.

Hu

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member

Yeah, and when they lose they are sent to Siberia.

A dumb assumption deserves another one.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I’d bet doughnuts to dollars they were playing “scratches don’t count” on this proposition shot.

A Russian challenger to Russian Kenny’s gaff:)

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Scott, I always defend instructors...the measure of an instructor is his students, not his game.

But your last sentence I disagree with...if a poster can’t handle some disagreement and
some correction, he CANNOT be a great poster.

PT 109... Thanks, and you're correct. I let two goofballs get the best of me temporarily. It is a shame that trolls have driven away many of the regular posters.

Scott Lee

ChopStick

Unsane Poster
Silver Member
I did that once. Didn't do any good. I lost a game because I missed a spot shot. So, I went to the back of the pool hall and shot spot shots continuously for 8 hours straight. Went back to the front of the pool hall, got in a game, lost because I missed a spot shot.

Now, on the other hand, it is rare for me to miss a spot shot since then.

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well, what do you know? It only took you two years to come out of your shell, and make some identification of yourself! You can bet your ass that you're on! We will definitely play in Atlanta...maybe sooner than you'd like. However, if you honestly think I'm going to come to your house (I don't give a crap what section of town you live in), and play you (I don't care if there are "two off duty police officers there), after all you've ever done is talk down to me and insult me...you MUST be kidding! LOL We'll play alright, but in a public place...I suggest Mr. Cues 2. They have good equipment, there will be plenty of people around, so I won't feel like I might get mugged after I clean you out. Heck, maybe we can get someone to stream it, so the world can see what a nit you really are! One thing is certain ...I'll be leaving with your money...so, as YOU said, "Bring plenty of money!" See you soon nit!

My sincere apologies for hijacking this thread...

Scott Lee

Well, well, well. I see you're ready for some gamble with simple ole' no-shooting me. That's good, I accept your challenge. I'm looking forward to that little session. The next time you come through Atlanta, email me at petelowenstein@yahoo.com and I will give you directions and my phone number. We're going to play at my home, in a run-down neighborhood, on a 9 foot Gandy with easy pockets. We'll play 9-Ball and 8-Ball and even some One Pocket (if you choose One Pocket, you got to lay 8-5 on the money and spot me the break because I'm not so hot at it). The other games we'll play even money and straight up. There will be two off-duty police officers present as witnesses and for our protection. You're allowed to bring one witness of your own. Just be sure to bring plenty of money. Pete Lowenstein.

Last edited:

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

yep, it's either that or the government is sponsoring her with HUGE amounts of money. there is probably a cash pipeline from gazprom straight to her kommunalka apartment

Chili Palmer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well, what do you know? It only took you two years to come out of your shell, and make some identification of yourself! You can bet your ass that you're on! We will definitely play in Atlanta...maybe sooner than you'd like. However, if you honestly think I'm going to come to your house (I don't give a crap what section of town you live in), and play you (I don't care if there are "two off duty police officers there), after all you've ever done is talk down to me and insult me...you MUST be kidding! LOL We'll play alright, but in a public place...I suggest Mr. Cues 2. They have good equipment, there will be plenty of people around, so I won't feel like I might get mugged after I clean you out. Heck, maybe we can get someone to stream it, so the world can see what a nit you really are! One thing is certain ...I'll be leaving with your money...so, as YOU said, "Bring plenty of money!" See you soon nit!

My sincere apologies for hijacking this thread...

Scott Lee

Paging UpState Al?

jchown

Registered
Terry...Certainly a great feat, regardless of age. That said, she needs to learn better CB and speed control. She would have scratched on the majority of those shots if she had not grabbed the CB first. Congratulations to her!
:thumbup:

Scott Lee
How do you know she needs better CB and speed control? Do you know her?
Its a potting drill, not a cue ball control or speed drill. I agree with the other guys, it just rubbed me wrong, like you couldn't just compliment her feat without simultaneously taking her down a peg. IMO Its comments like yours that drive away the good posters.

Straightpool_99

I see dead balls
Silver Member
How do you know she needs better CB and speed control? Do you know her?
Its a potting drill, not a cue ball control or speed drill. I agree with the other guys, it just rubbed me wrong, like you couldn't just compliment her feat without simultaneously taking her down a peg. IMO Its comments like yours that drive away the good posters.

Agree with this post. It's a pure potting drill. Speed and position do not enter into it. Now if she added some sort of target for her position, then that would be entirely different, but she clearly only cared about potting, some drills are like that. Colin Colensos potting test comes to mind.

Edit: I just wanted to add how impressed I am with the discipline showed by someone so young. Not many 12 year olds would persist with such a monotonous excercise. The fact that she does shows passion, dedication and maturity. If she can keep this up, I wouldn't be surprised to see her cut through the womens field like butter, and who's to say she couldn't compete with the men? Anyway, she's young, and time will tell. I hope, if she reads this, that she'll take the good things to heart and forget the naysayers. My experience is that the naysayers are usually wrong, and very slow to admit it. But who cares what they think? Their times have passed and this kids has her whole future ahead of her.

Last edited:

SFC9ball

JimBaker PBIA Instructor
Silver Member
Not to mention, the point of the shot isn't cueball control its ball pocketing.

If Scott is so great, let him get up there and shoot that shot 140 times in a row without missing, or any of his students.

He's got action whenever he's ready.
Jason
Jason

Be careful when you make accusations like that about his students because I know 1 of his students that has done this, pocketing 162 balls without a missing!