Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Products Talk > Cue Machinery and Supplies
Reload this Page Triangle and Triumph Tips
Page 2 of 2 12

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old
  (#16)
Michael Webb
AzB Silver Member
Michael Webb has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Webb has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Webb has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Webb has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Webb has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Webb has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Webb has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Webb has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Webb has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Webb has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Webb has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

04-21-2019, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazznpool View Post
This is my opinion only. I have great respect for Tweeten and their contribution to our game/ industry. In order to keep tip prices relatively low Tweeten must use the entire hide to make tips. The belly area leather is of a different density than the rest of the cow/ steer hide. Tips made from belly leather will have more air and sponginess to them (which is a non-factor in most other uses/ applications where the leather is more highly processed). That is why the best Triangle tips are usually "sinkers" and the ones that are bound to fluff out are "floaters." There are also "half sinkers". Hehe. This is exactly why harness and bridal leather is made from specific stronger areas of the hide which does not include the belly (like the shoulders). Soaking and pressing might overcome the problems in at least some but not all of the spongy tips.

If it was possible Tweeten should consider offering an upgraded premium Triangle and LePro tip made from prime hide like the shoulders or butt. Increase the cost accordingly. Triangle Prime anyone? Lol.
I agree totally. My conversation with Tweetens owner included that as well as, Why is he letting the rest of the world capitalize on the market that was his.

Best Wishes
Michael Webb
webbcues@cox.net

Old
  (#17)
madman1nonly
Fine Handmade Cue Tips
madman1nonly has a reputation beyond reputemadman1nonly has a reputation beyond reputemadman1nonly has a reputation beyond reputemadman1nonly has a reputation beyond reputemadman1nonly has a reputation beyond reputemadman1nonly has a reputation beyond reputemadman1nonly has a reputation beyond reputemadman1nonly has a reputation beyond reputemadman1nonly has a reputation beyond reputemadman1nonly has a reputation beyond reputemadman1nonly has a reputation beyond repute

Cool 04-21-2019, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazznpool View Post
This is my opinion only. I have great respect for Tweeten and their contribution to our game/ industry. In order to keep tip prices relatively low Tweeten must use the entire hide to make tips. The belly area leather is of a different density than the rest of the cow/ steer hide. Tips made from belly leather will have more air and sponginess to them (which is a non-factor in most other uses/ applications where the leather is more highly processed). That is why the best Triangle tips are usually "sinkers" and the ones that are bound to fluff out are "floaters." There are also "half sinkers". Hehe. This is exactly why harness and bridal leather is made from specific stronger areas of the hide which does not include the belly (like the shoulders). Soaking and pressing might overcome the problems in at least some but not all of the spongy tips.

If it was possible Tweeten should consider offering an upgraded premium Triangle and LePro tip made from prime hide like the shoulders or butt. Increase the cost accordingly. Triangle Prime anyone? Lol.
If someone have some of the floaters I will buy them for a good price, someone ask me to make B/jump Tips out of them
Thanks

Regards, Juan Rios
MadMan Cue Tips
Proudly made in the U.S.A. One cue tip at a time!

Visit our web site to see our complete line of tips.

Please see independent reviews of our fine line of Pool Cue Tips.

Update on Tweeten crisis!
Old
  (#18)
Palmetto cue
AzB Silver Member
Palmetto cue has a reputation beyond reputePalmetto cue has a reputation beyond reputePalmetto cue has a reputation beyond reputePalmetto cue has a reputation beyond reputePalmetto cue has a reputation beyond reputePalmetto cue has a reputation beyond reputePalmetto cue has a reputation beyond reputePalmetto cue has a reputation beyond reputePalmetto cue has a reputation beyond reputePalmetto cue has a reputation beyond reputePalmetto cue has a reputation beyond repute

Update on Tweeten crisis! - 05-22-2019, 09:32 AM

Update on Tweeten tips,
They have been doing some checking and called to tell me they found a couple issues. One was a change in their process that they were not aware of. They asked if I would be willing to help with some feedback, and I said yes, so they are sending me some tips for testing. So happy they actually looked into this issue and got back with me. Will let y'all know when I get the tips!

Old
  (#19)
Michael Webb
AzB Silver Member
Michael Webb has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Webb has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Webb has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Webb has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Webb has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Webb has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Webb has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Webb has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Webb has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Webb has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Webb has a reputation beyond repute

05-22-2019, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palmetto cue View Post
Update on Tweeten tips,
They have been doing some checking and called to tell me they found a couple issues. One was a change in their process that they were not aware of. They asked if I would be willing to help with some feedback, and I said yes, so they are sending me some tips for testing. So happy they actually looked into this issue and got back with me. Will let y'all know when I get the tips!

Nice. I've been testing them for 3 weeks now. Glag they're getting more people involved.

Best Wishes
Michael Webb
webbcues@cox.net

Old
  (#20)
Palmetto cue
AzB Silver Member
Palmetto cue has a reputation beyond reputePalmetto cue has a reputation beyond reputePalmetto cue has a reputation beyond reputePalmetto cue has a reputation beyond reputePalmetto cue has a reputation beyond reputePalmetto cue has a reputation beyond reputePalmetto cue has a reputation beyond reputePalmetto cue has a reputation beyond reputePalmetto cue has a reputation beyond reputePalmetto cue has a reputation beyond reputePalmetto cue has a reputation beyond repute

05-22-2019, 06:58 PM

Awesome! hope to compare notes soon!

Old
  (#21)
63Kcode
AKA Larry Vigus
63Kcode has a reputation beyond repute63Kcode has a reputation beyond repute63Kcode has a reputation beyond repute63Kcode has a reputation beyond repute63Kcode has a reputation beyond repute63Kcode has a reputation beyond repute63Kcode has a reputation beyond repute63Kcode has a reputation beyond repute63Kcode has a reputation beyond repute63Kcode has a reputation beyond repute63Kcode has a reputation beyond repute

05-22-2019, 07:55 PM

Looking forward to the reports. I had given up on them. They were my favorite for many years.

Larry

Not taking orders at this time, Thanks!

Old
  (#22)
Michael Webb
AzB Silver Member

05-22-2019, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 63Kcode View Post
Looking forward to the reports. I had given up on them. They were my favorite for many years.

Larry

Amen to that. I'm half way thru testing what they sent.

Best Wishes
Michael Webb
webbcues@cox.net

Old
  (#23)
CuesDirectly
AzB Silver Member

CuesDirectly has a reputation beyond reputeCuesDirectly has a reputation beyond reputeCuesDirectly has a reputation beyond reputeCuesDirectly has a reputation beyond reputeCuesDirectly has a reputation beyond reputeCuesDirectly has a reputation beyond reputeCuesDirectly has a reputation beyond reputeCuesDirectly has a reputation beyond reputeCuesDirectly has a reputation beyond reputeCuesDirectly has a reputation beyond reputeCuesDirectly has a reputation beyond repute

05-23-2019, 06:06 AM

A very good source told me a couple of years ago, only buy Triangle tips in the 14mm size.

----------------------------------------------

David Brainard, custom Cuemaker
My website is CuesDirectly.com
Email, CuesDirectly@gmail.com
Facebook under both names
503 930-7776 5am -5pm West Coast time

Old
  (#24)
Michael Webb
AzB Silver Member

05-23-2019, 06:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuesDirectly View Post
A very good source told me a couple of years ago, only buy Triangle tips in the 14mm size.

Good morning Mr. Brainard
All things being equal, I agree, the owner of Tweeten says otherwise. For shafts under 13mm use 13mm. So far what I believe is not all parts of the hide should be a tip and with the feedback they get from us. They will hopefully try to come up with a Triangle Prime tip, adjust the price to make it worth thier interest to do it and bring thier tips into the modern age.

Best Wishes
Michael Webb
webbcues@cox.net

Old
  (#25)
CuesDirectly
AzB Silver Member

CuesDirectly has a reputation beyond reputeCuesDirectly has a reputation beyond reputeCuesDirectly has a reputation beyond reputeCuesDirectly has a reputation beyond reputeCuesDirectly has a reputation beyond reputeCuesDirectly has a reputation beyond reputeCuesDirectly has a reputation beyond reputeCuesDirectly has a reputation beyond reputeCuesDirectly has a reputation beyond reputeCuesDirectly has a reputation beyond reputeCuesDirectly has a reputation beyond repute

05-23-2019, 07:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Webb View Post
Good morning Mr. Brainard
All things being equal, I agree, the owner of Tweeten says otherwise. For shafts under 13mm use 13mm. So far what I believe is not all parts of the hide should be a tip and with the feedback they get from us. They will hopefully try to come up with a Triangle Prime tip, adjust the price to make it worth thier interest to do it and bring thier tips into the modern age.
Sounds like he wants the 13mm to be sold more often. I like the 14mm on thin ones, I don't mind the extra trimming, getting rid of the outside layer seems to help. It was pool room owner on the East Coast who talked me into it and he even sent me a full box even though he only needed a few on the cues I made for him, real nice people out there.

Real nice information about the hides, floaters and sinkers.

Good morning back to you MR Webb, Thanks, good day.

----------------------------------------------

David Brainard, custom Cuemaker
My website is CuesDirectly.com
Email, CuesDirectly@gmail.com
Facebook under both names
503 930-7776 5am -5pm West Coast time

Old
  (#26)
measureman
AzB Silver Member
measureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1500

05-23-2019, 08:10 AM

I have 4 shafts with Triangle tips on them.
Not one has mushroomed.
They all play just fine.
The only disclaimer is that i dont know if the tip installer is testing them for hardness or not.
He does have a tip test gadget,forgot what its called.
And at $13 installed whats not to like?

Playing cue- The Mighty Lucasi Cocobolo
Back up cue - Troy Downey

"Russian Magic Chalk- good enough to steal".

Russian Magic chalk is the nuts.
Its so good my last and only cube was stolen off the table when I went to the bath room.
They left my $1000 cue but stole my chalk, how strong is that?

The Truth: If you have a stroke the gear don't matter... If you don't have a stroke the gear won't help.
The above quote by Softshot

Old
  (#27)
Palmetto cue
AzB Silver Member

05-29-2019, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by measureman View Post
I have 4 shafts with Triangle tips on them.
Not one has mushroomed.
They all play just fine.
The only disclaimer is that i dont know if the tip installer is testing them for hardness or not.
He does have a tip test gadget,forgot what its called.
And at $13 installed whats not to like?
I have some old stock that's still ok, but all the new boxes that I got are junk.

Arrival of new test Triangles
Old
  (#28)
Palmetto cue
AzB Silver Member

Arrival of new test Triangles - 06-08-2019, 08:27 AM

Got them in the mail yesterday and installed one today. Machined and shaped nicely! Reminds me of the old Triangles! After playing with it for about 30 minutes... It holds chalk well, and has a solid hit/feel. Was able to apply plenty of english when needed. I texted them that they have a winner! I hope they take my advise and start selling these.

Old
  (#29)
Michael Webb
AzB Silver Member

06-08-2019, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palmetto cue View Post
Got them in the mail yesterday and installed one today. Machined and shaped nicely! Reminds me of the old Triangles! After playing with it for about 30 minutes... It holds chalk well, and has a solid hit/feel. Was able to apply plenty of english when needed. I texted them that they have a winner! I hope they take my advise and start selling these.
After ONE TIP!
Really.

Best Wishes
Michael Webb
webbcues@cox.net

Old
  (#30)
Palmetto cue
AzB Silver Member

06-12-2019, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Webb View Post
After ONE TIP!
Really.
LOL! Yes sir, I know it sounds too early to tell, but I've got 9/10 installed now and the difference is night and day. Admittedly, the bar was very low. I had a box that were not even worthy of house cues. Was this not your experience as well? Maybe I'll get a bad one, but I haven't yet. Hope your're seeing the same results.

Page 2 of 2 12

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: