Any Cue makers on the site?

TheCutMaster

Registered
Hi Everyone,

Relatively new here ( this is my first post outside of in the introduction thread) and I've been doing a lot of reading on here as I am in the market for a cue.

I was wondering if there were any cue makers that frequent the site that I could talk to?

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Presumptuos to think otherwise..........the odds are only 1 in 3
and besides, one's personality conveys more than you realize.

cuesblues

cue accumulator
Silver Member
We happen to have a few good cuemakers here, but they pick their spots and are impervious to criticism.

It's sad that cuemakers have to join private exclusive cuemaker
forums and groups to feel comfortable joining in on a discussion

measureman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The great cue maker Ling Chou Lucasi would post on here but he only speaks Chinese.
And besides going to High school and 10 hour shifts at the cue factory he does not have a lot of free time.

eihi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
TheCutMaster asked a question, 13 responses, 11 off them off topic or on some inside joke. Way to roll in the welcome wagon

What is your price range OP( that means original poster if you are unfamiliar)?

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
TheCutMaster asked a question, 13 responses, 11 off them off topic or on some inside joke. Way to roll in the welcome wagon

What is your price range OP( that means original poster if you are unfamiliar)?

Imagine that, just like real life. Nobody's feeling have been hurt so far as I can tell....except yours.
Jason

eihi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Imagine that, just like real life. Nobody's feeling have been hurt so far as I can tell....except yours.
Jason

Keeping it classy as always. So do you have any advice for OP other the recommending a retired cue maker?

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
Keeping it classy as always. So do you have any advice for OP other the recommending a retired cue maker?

I didnt reccomend a retired cuemaker. If you read my post I clearly stated I'm on 13hr shifts and couldn't help myself.

That means I'm just joking around.

This isn't nearly as fun since I'm gonna have to keep explaining it to you.
Jason<-----is rarely serious, even ^^^^^^that post.

Maybe this will help:grin:

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member

I tend not to reccomend any cuemakers since most of them are on their own time and I may not agree with the way they build cues.

Guys that are pumping out cues in a month or 2 from when the order went in etc.

I deal with 2 cuemakers and they are both on their own time, but that works for me, It most likely wont work for other people.
The one guy only works on my cues when I am there, and since I work 1,200 miles away from him it'll get done when it gets done.
The other guy is about another 40miles from the first one, so I get to see work done from 2 different makers when I am there.

Bob Owen posts cues here all the time. Leon Sly used to post cues here, but haven't seen anything from him in a while. I am not recommending them, just pointing out they post here. There are probably plenty of guys on here that can speak to their work, I haven't played with their cues so I have no opinion.
Jason

eihi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I tend not to reccomend any cuemakers since most of them are on their own time and I may not agree with the way they build cues.

Guys that are pumping out cues in a month or 2 from when the order went in etc.

I deal with 2 cuemakers and they are both on their own time, but that works for me, It most likely wont work for other people.
The one guy only works on my cues when I am there, and since I work 1,200 miles away from him it'll get done when it gets done.
The other guy is about another 40miles from the first one, so I get to see work done from 2 different makers when I am there.

Bob Owen posts cues here all the time. Leon Sly used to post cues here, but haven't seen anything from him in a while. I am not recommending them, just pointing out they post here. There are probably plenty of guys on here that can speak to their work, I haven't played with their cues so I have no opinion.
Jason

Excellent post
Yea Bob does some amazing word, super talented, those last set of box cues were amazing. I would think Bob is probably a little higher on the cost spectrum than some others, but without a doubt worth it.

A good buddy of mine is learning to build cues, he said Dave38 and Michael Webb are great guys and super helpful when it comes to questions.

There is some amazing stuff for sale in the for sale section @thecutmaster

https://forums.azbilliards.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&daysprune=&f=111