Filler vs Kiamco in Roy's Basement

BeiberLvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Looks like they are playing next week, April 14-16.

One pocket, even race to 24.

Details can be found on Roy's FB Page
https://www.facebook.com/RoysBasement/

91886168_2829881963769716_3496115087024848896_n.jpg

sixpack

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A pure shotmaker with little 1p experience against a master mover who can also run balls.

Should be a very entertaining match. I can't wait for it.

J$Cincy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I hope filler gets dusted .... arrogant ass hat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

J$Cincy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It will be a tough game for the warrior .... fill has been playing on this table daily for 45 days lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
May the better man win. Warren is a superb player and an even better grinder.

That said, you've got to love Filler, who has always understood the value of matching up with top players in many different disciplines. A year ago at Derby City, he gambled with and broke even at bank pool with recognized star of the discipline Shannon Murphy, and later in the week he was the only player that stepped up to the plate to play high-stakes ten ball with JL Chang, and beat him.

Cornerman put it very elegantly in some of his comments after the 2020 Derby City Classic, and I can see where he's coming from. Josh not only seems to be committed to developing his game in all disciplines, but he also seems to enjoy all the fringe games.

A few years down the road, Josh may just contend for Master of the Table at Derby City. To my knowledge, no European player has ever accomplished the feat.

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member
I don't see Filler as a Asshat, but rather a young player that has got the talent to make any seasoned pro play there best or duck. Joshua also knows when to be cocky...when you are on top and can back it up. It looks silly to act supreme when you are past your prime. I will state that Warren does not rattle and has a good chance at out smarting an opponent without the knowledge of one pocket. Filler does not miss very many make-able shots so the Warrior just has to remember to not leave anything and not to miss.

Easy Peazy

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ball runner's without 1hole experience tend to fall by the waste side when playing seasoned 1hole players.

Does anyone know roughly how much 1hole experience Filler has???

Jeff

gxman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
WK won the 2019 US Open 1p. Very light field, but he did go 5-0 with a win over Billy(3-2) and beat Shane in the finals(4-2).

Filler did tie for 6th at DCC 1p 2019.

I had heard Roy mentioning that WK and Filler gambled 1p in Vegas and they ended even. Filler had WK by a number of games then WK figured out how to strategize vs Filler and got it to even.

I watched Filler go 15 and out three times vs the 1p ghost in a short span. BIH after the break and can choose the pocket. So the kid can just flat out run out if he can see a shot.

Being on Roy's stream so much lately, he's gotten A LOT of fan support now. People don't see him as arrogant anymore. The kid is genuine and just likes competition no matter the game.

Should be a great match.

WK won the 2019 US Open 1p. Very light field, but he did go 5-0 with a win over Billy(3-2) and beat Shane in the finals(4-2).

I had heard Roy mentioning that WK and Filler gambled 1p in Vegas and they ended even. Filler had WK by a number of games then WK figured out how to strategize vs Filler and got it to even.

I watched Filler go 15 and out three times vs the 1p ghost in a short span. BIH after the break and can choose the pocket. So the kid can just flat out run out if he can see a shot.

Being on Roy's stream so much lately, he's gotten A LOT of fan support now. People don't see him as arrogant anymore. The kid is genuine and just likes competition no matter the game.

Should be a great match.

Nice post. Very interesting.

BeiberLvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Should be a great match.

Here are two vids of him playing the one pocket ghost. I agree that if Warren leaves Filler even a sliver of a shot, he's going to be in trouble.

https://www.facebook.com/RoysBasement/videos/531318764241709/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZqWJB8A630

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
If Warren can make him play "moving" games he can win those games. If he gives Filler any kind of shots he will lose those games. He does not want to "test" Filler's shooting ability. This guy can make the "sucker" shots he shouldn't be going for. Warren has to play "Chicago" style lock 'em up One Pocket popularized by Artie B. If he can get Filler frustrated he may be able to wear him down.

Just my two cents. We will see.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ball runner's without 1hole experience tend to fall by the waste side when playing seasoned 1hole players.

Does anyone know roughly how much 1hole experience Filler has???

Jeff

That's conventional thought, but I think it is somewhat out of date. I also think that as skill level (pocketing+ control of all balls) increases, the value of 'moving' decreases.

That 10/ out is a strong move.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
And I hope we aren't using the Mosconi Circus as a gauge as to what kind of person filler is.

That persona is as much hollywood as Josh.