New Mezz cue and Mezz customer service

Gio Sr.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I switched gears completely . Doc. told me to lay off the breaking for a while. So I sold my Kai. While waiting for OB to get off their ... Someone made me an offer I could not refuse on my Joss butt.

I first have to say that Caroline at Mezz USA was amazing . She went way out of her way to help. Just Amazing!!!

So to end the suspense I purchase a Mezz CP135 SW-B Bocote with an upgrade to the EX Pro shaft.

I am not anyone who can give you an in depth review on feel and such. I can tell you this the balance point is just about 19" on my 19oz cue. It feels a lot smoother handling than my Joss with the old version OB Pro. It seems like a lot less effort to get whitey to move around.. Draws easy . It just feels good. Also seems like it has more power some how. Hit is about the same as the Joss , My Joss did not have a steel joint.

I'm only an APA 4/5 with about 7 years experience that's why I don't have a lot of tech input like some guys. It feels like it will improve my game some because of the ease of handling

Photos came out a little lighter than it is in person. Bocote wood tone is deeper and darker.

20170202_201419.jpg

20170202_201005.jpg

20170202_201913%202.jpg

20170202_202136.jpg

20170202_202042.jpg

a1712

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
You're absolutely correct, Christina is a Jewel. Mezz USA is the best Company I have ever worked/dealt with. Brian.

Last edited:

Kimmo H.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Good to hear you like the cue :smile:

I bet it performs as well as it looks. Mezz makes some of the toughest gear out there so you should be just fine breaking with your play cue without worrying about breaking it :rolleyes:

AlexandruM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Mezz have good shooting cues.

One of my friends bought a New Mezz cue with a WD700 shaft. he have it for only 2 months, but I saw the ferrule is quite blue, the chalks go in ferrule material. Does somebody had the same problems? He didn't abuse the cue and chalks carefully.

Gio Sr.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Good to hear you like the cue :smile:

I bet it performs as well as it looks. Mezz makes some of the toughest gear out there so you should be just fine breaking with your play cue without worrying about breaking it :rolleyes:

Thanks Kimmo H. It does feel really good. Still in the honeymoon stage but it does seem much easier then my Joss OB pro combo. Don't know if I'll be breaking for a while not until my back heals.

Gio Sr.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

One of my friends bought a New Mezz cue with a WD700 shaft. he have it for only 2 months, but I saw the ferrule is quite blue, the chalks go in ferrule material. Does somebody had the same problems? He didn't abuse the cue and chalks carefully.

I haven't but I now seal mine with carnauba wax first thing. I was able to clean one of my OBs with automotive swirl remover polish and then seal it with carnauba wax

a1712

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member

Yes, my ferrules on my WX700 shafts do retain chalk and I am careful chalking. It does come right off when I wipe them down when I'm finished though. Brian.

asamimasa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've used three copies of the WD700 exclusivelhy for the past few years, and never saw any blue chalking. Same for the WX900 and EX Pro I spent shorter periods of time with.

krychekrowe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Mezz makes som great stuff! I'm addicted!
aa34f2f5250fc4a49e01b382b1c1f0b9.jpg
df755eb1b36fc6e5f094d6a86bccf15d.jpg
43496397af5bf25d62dfb462dd1e60e9.jpg

Love them all

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
564 views and only one positive comment. They w. nder why people leave.:rolleyes:

Well I'll add one great looking cue I've had a couple Mezz cues and a break cue I loved all of them IMHO the best production cue bar none thier shafts play as good as any I've played with

fram6878

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Let me ask everyone in this thread, especially the original op. Are mezz butts thicker than 1.25 inch at the bottom of the butt, or thinner?? I am puzzled cause a friend of mine had a mezz and it felt thicker than normal, but I bought a used mezz sneaky that's 1.20 inch at bottom of butt and I can't stand it.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Kimmo H.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Let me ask everyone in this thread, especially the original op. Are mezz butts thicker than 1.25 inch at the bottom of the butt, or thinner?? I am puzzled cause a friend of mine had a mezz and it felt thicker than normal, but I bought a used mezz sneaky that's 1.20 inch at bottom of butt and I can't stand it.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

^ They differ quite a bit between different models. My friend has an older model all ebony Mezz butt and it is very thin at the buttcap (30.7mm if memory serves), where as a sneaky I owned for a while was over a millimeter thicker at nearly 32mm. Doesnt sound like much but it feels totally different between the two :eek:

Last edited: