Help ID Cue, Please. ...Palmer?

JessEm

AzB Goldmember
Silver Member
Please help ID this cue. I was told it's a custom Palmer... I don't have the exact joint type/specs yet.. The overall weight is 18.6. 12.9-13mm tip. 6 points. 4 veneers.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• cue1.jpg
    cue1.jpg
    168.4 KB · Views: 552
  • cue2.jpg
    cue2.jpg
    187.2 KB · Views: 545
  • cue3.jpg
    cue3.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 545
  • cue4.jpg
    cue4.jpg
    204 KB · Views: 562
  • cue5.jpg
    cue5.jpg
    214.3 KB · Views: 549

Fuji-whopper

Fargo: 457...play some?
Silver Member
Looks like a cheap import, not worth anything, I hope I'm wrong though and someone chimes in with better info.

Neil

JessEm

AzB Goldmember
Silver Member
Looks like a cheap import, not worth anything, I hope I'm wrong though and someone chimes in with better info.

Neil

In the event it's worthless, I can get a refund no questions asked. The place I bought it from is trustworthy. The problem is, they just don't know and are only going off what they were told by the previous owner, "Custom Palmer". ... Myself, I have no idea. Nothing about it seems "cheap". But I'm no good at this.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I also think its an import but that does not imply cheaply made. Quite a few Asian plants do good point work. Never seen a custom cue with those letters/#'s on the bumper. I've been wrong before but i still think this is an import although a pretty nice one. Interested as to what somebody else have on this. Seriously doubt its a Palmer. Here's link to pics of Palmers: http://www.palmercollector.com/ After the third catalog they were imported cues. I think ADAM made them.

Last edited:

hurricane145

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It kinda comes down to how much you like the looks of cue, how how well you feel it plays for you and just what it cost you.
It is nice to know who or what company made it though! Not knowing drives me nuts! I have two custom made cues with Hoppe rings on them that I really like but have no idea who made them.

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's an Asian import.

May indeed have been sold with Palmer name on it.

Not really worth much in any case.

JessEm

AzB Goldmember
Silver Member
Thanks for the input guys. Appreciate it. Sounds like its a good quality import.

maha

from way back when
Silver Member
since its not a palmer when palmer made cues its just an import that may have been sold as a palmer using the name.
so if you paid more than say a couple hundred bucks you got taken.
and likely that is too high a price for a no name cue imported from who knows where.

you are lucky you can return it as you didnt say you loved how it hit. and if that was the case it doesnt matter who made it.

JessEm

AzB Goldmember
Silver Member
since its not a palmer when palmer made cues its just an import that may have been sold as a palmer using the name.
so if you paid more than say a couple hundred bucks you got taken.
and likely that is too high a price for a no name cue imported from who knows where.

you are lucky you can return it as you didnt say you loved how it hit. and if that was the case it doesnt matter who made it.

Good points, maha. I played it last night. It hits great. Wider tip than I prefer, but the plan, if things panned out was to have it turned down.

As it stands, the price I paid was too much for an unknown import. Would've been a screaming deal if indeed a Palmer, and certainly worth sinking additional money into, but that apparently i'snt the case.

Thanks again!

Type79

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Palmer Resources

For future reference, 99% of Palmer sales sheets/catalogs can be found online at ClassicCues.com and PalmerCollector.com

While it is true that Palmer made some custom cues and ones that didn't follow the catalog models down to the last detail, even the most extrem customs to come out of their shop used certain stock parts.

Last edited:

Runner

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yeah, cheap import cue... I’ve seen a few
with that joint.. I wouldn’t put too much $$
in it.. $.02

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
For future reference, 99% of Palmer sales sheets/catalogs can be found online at ClassicCues.com and PalmerCollector.com

While it is true that Palmer made some custom cues and ones that didn't follow the catalog models down to the last detail, even the most extrem customs to come out of their shop used certain stock parts.

Thank you.

Palmer is one of those that just seem to get caught up in ID guesses a lot.

The fact that there were several Asian "Palmer" brands after Palmer shut down does not help.

The resources for Palmer identifications are excellent thanks to the web resources you cite.

But what is difficult for some people is variations. They know there were cues made that are not in the catalogs, and numerous variations of the cues that are in the catalogs. But for some reason, they don't seem to see the "stock parts" that are common to a maker or brand.

There are two main issues I see.

1) Many people don't know what identifies the relative quality of a cue.

2) Many people don't see certain "stock parts".

It seems that many will "ooh and aah" over a cue when you put a name on it, but without the name they can't tell it from a cheap Asian import.

Even when given the appropriate resources they don't see it and/or don't understand.

The solution?

Ask here.

Type79

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thank you.

Palmer is one of those that just seem to get caught up in ID guesses a lot.

The fact that there were several Asian "Palmer" brands after Palmer shut down does not help.

The resources for Palmer identifications are excellent thanks to the web resources you cite.

But what is difficult for some people is variations. They know there were cues made that are not in the catalogs, and numerous variations of the cues that are in the catalogs. But for some reason, they don't seem to see the "stock parts" that are common to a maker or brand.

There are two main issues I see.

1) Many people don't know what identifies the relative quality of a cue.

2) Many people don't see certain "stock parts".

It seems that many will "ooh and aah" over a cue when you put a name on it, but without the name they can't tell it from a cheap Asian import.

Even when given the appropriate resources they don't see it and/or don't understand.

The solution?

Ask here.

You are correct on all points.

Thankfully Palmer ID threads and not as confusing as the Abe Rich/Sol Rich/Florida Cue/Star Cue/-RICH-/RichQ ID queries. lol