Tablesaw tapering fixture

ELBeau

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
SHAFT and BUTT TAPERING FIXTURE FOR TABLE SAW

This is an extra tapering fixture for a table saw that I never got around to setting up. I bought it planning to make it my second tapering machine, but I ran out of shop space before I had a chance to get it going.
It has a reversing motor on the lead screw and spring loaded live center tailstock. The roller bearing depth of cut adjuster can set cuts to .0001" so you don't have to raise your saw blade up and down for each size wanted.
The motor works fine and is variable speed. It has a fully adjustable shaft taper bar and butt bar that still need to be mounted to the main taper bar support. It has a cam bearing that will need to be mounted to hold the slide down to the saw. The guy who built it included a couple of strips of low friction plastic to mount on top of your saw for it to slide on. You can use those or just use the slot in your saw table.
This is a great do it yourself project with a lot of the work already done for you. You just need your own table saw and a little ingenuity to finish it.

(SOLD)

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:

cueman

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Where can you buy one new

That fixture was signed as built by J. Hoek also known as Cue Tip Dale. I have not heard from him in a long time, but I don't think he is building these fixtures at the present time. I don't think he ever built two exactly the same way. Everyone I have seen was different. He helped me build a coulple of these about 20 years ago and another one about 10 years ago and everyone of them was different.

Last edited: