Ki-Tech Single Layered Tips

The Renfro

Outsville.com
Silver Member
Ki-Tech Single Layered tips from Outsville...

20 years ago Mr Moori changed the game by introducing layered tips... 20 years is a very long time and over those 20 years modern chemistry has not stood still...

Outsville wants to change the game back... Single layer tips do not delaminate and the Ki-Techs are engineered to be the hardness grade they are... We don't simply press a tip at lower pressure and sell you a soft, medium/soft or medium we sell you a tip that will still test the same and play the same 6months down the road...

We do this with a marriage of old world leather techniques and modern chemicals... Our techniques allow us to ensure every hardness grade will grab the cueball and produce the maximum spin expected out of a hardness grade while staying consistent night after night and rack after rack....

Easy maintenance with just a piece of sandpaper or a tippick is all that should ever be required.

These are the 3 grades that come in the $24 Dollar sampler that is still active... S/M/H... We also offer a medium/soft which is closer to a layered soft and Medium/Hard for those of you that like your medium tips after it gets some wear on it.......

Low heat and a sharp blade is the secret to the install on ALL of these... Ki-Techs do no tolerate heat build up because of the chemicals used in their creation..... Paypal is Outsville@hotmail.com or can be found in the store at outsville.com

Contact us for details on installer quantities....

Soft
DSCF1603.jpg

Medium
Medium Ki-Tech.jpg

Hard
hard Ki-tech.jpg

ROB.M

:)
Silver Member
Tip

I like the tips:)
A friend really loves the softer tips, he tried the ki-tech soft that I put on one of my players.. He fell in love.. I'm a medium tip kinda guy and I have not tried the medium yet on a personal cue.. I will soon, just hate to cut off the tip I've been savoring.
The tip installed well and cleaned up nice with a sharp tool.
I noticed there seam to be an accelerator in the chemistry of the tip, the gel glue set very fast.

Rob.M

Last edited:

The Renfro

Outsville.com
Silver Member
Can you tell me whats the closest you have to a M G2 ?

new or broken in? The chinese tips made from japanese pig skin harden fast...

ohh sorry the G2... they actually make those... but they do harden up but they are the best layered tip out right now and they take a few months to change which is pretty awesome....

New G2m our m/s.... Broken in.... our medium matches pretty good... but if you like the G2... and it works for you... to heck with the Ki-Techs... I would rather you be playing good pool and enjoying it than tossing a few bucks my way... I like the G2...

Now if it's time for a tip change anyway??... Come see us..........

The Renfro

Outsville.com
Silver Member
Just started the June production run... Must be nice to just place a June order.... Getting closer to finalizing the installer programs.. Hope to complete the details this weekend..... Will post details when it's complete until then email for pricing at Outsville@hotmail.com so the request gets flagged forfurther action......

Mc2

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks.

Just received mine in the mail. I like what I see. Thanks. I am sure I will be ordering more.

Jim.

The Renfro

Outsville.com
Silver Member
Just received mine in the mail. I like what I see. Thanks. I am sure I will be ordering more.

Jim.

Awesome Jim,

Just make sure they stay cool during the install... Wet paper towel and a new blade at the bare minimum... Will be looking for your feedback =D

Actually popped in to say we are officially on an installer/cuemaker model....

That means if you are a DIY the most tips you can buy in the store is 5 at a time... IF you are not a DIY guy we will have a isting by state,city and country of installers who will have our products....

If you are an installer or you think your installer might want on our list email us at outsville@hotmail.com and I can forward you information on the the program....

Chris

MVPCues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
... Wet paper towel and a new blade at the bare minimum...

Chris

If a wet paper towel and a new blade is the bare minimum to keep this tip cool while installing, what is the maximum steps to keep it cool?

The Renfro

Outsville.com
Silver Member
If a wet paper towel and a new blade is the bare minimum to keep this tip cool while installing, what is the maximum steps to keep it cool?

I have some Installers that can turn their lathes down to a crawl, some that use an active cutter + some doing both....

Since several of the chemicals are water based the wet paper towel helps way more than I anticipated...

I have 2 friends that have high tech lathes so I run to them when we are in testing instead of rehabbing my South Bend and doing tests here in house... I was amazed when I saw how much difference keeping the tip wet made.....

MVPCues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have some Installers that can turn their lathes down to a crawl, some that use an active cutter + some doing both....

Since several of the chemicals are water based the wet paper towel helps way more than I anticipated...

I have 2 friends that have high tech lathes so I run to them when we are in testing instead of rehabbing my South Bend and doing tests here in house... I was amazed when I saw how much difference keeping the tip wet made.....

Thanks. Btw, how long have you lived in Knoxville? I used to live in halls and have sort of wondered if I ever met you.

MN Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just sent off payment for s 3 pack. Thanks Chris for all your help. I'm looking forward to trying these things out!

Cheers,
Randy

jeremy8000

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Chris,

Which level do you recommend to be comparable in hardness to a newly installed kamui black soft tip? Also, how prone would that recommended tip be to mushrooming (I have a dedicated breaker, so it won't suffer from too many power shots)?

Thanks,
Jeremy

The Renfro

Outsville.com
Silver Member
Chris,

Which level do you recommend to be comparable in hardness to a newly installed kamui black soft tip? Also, how prone would that recommended tip be to mushrooming (I have a dedicated breaker, so it won't suffer from too many power shots)?

Thanks,
Jeremy

Sorry Jeremy... Been busy busy ramping up and doing the One Pocket event with Accu-Stats...

The Medium/Soft is the choice of most layered soft tip users... As long as the tip is kept cool during install you should get a good burnish which is key to the tip not mushrooming.....