Sky Woodward - Record "24" ?

stevekur1

The "COMMISH"
Silver Member
I Saw something about Sky setting some sort of record.

Anyone know what the record was ?

Was it 24 Spot shots in a row ?

Thanks
Steve

StraightPoolIU

Brent
Silver Member
It sounded like it was the record on Johann's tough potting drill. I think it's an informal record like the most he's ever seen anyone make on the drill not like an established record book type record. I don't know what the drill entails, but the facebook post said it's very challenging.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I doubt 24 spot shots in a row is a record...maybe a personal one.

But that would be a useless achievement.

mudball

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Per Johan "Start with object ball on the spot. Take ball in hand in the kitchen and come back into the kitchen after potting. Play the next spot shot from where the cueball ended up. Missing the pot or not ending up in the kitchen with the cue ball is end of run."

terryhanna

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Thanks
Steve
Put a ball on the spot.

You get cue ball in hand in the kitchen to start.

Make the ball in the bottom 2 pockets only, and then the cue ball must land back in the kitchen and where it stops is where you shoot from.

If you miss or cue ball leaves the kitchen then you lose.

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
interesting drill!

That is an interesting drill. Most runs even in nine or ten ball are starting to "tilt" several shots before the one that ends it. One shot misses shape a little but is makeable. Without a major correction each following shot drifts a little further out of shape until the player looks at a near impossible shot to make and get shape. Easy to say that shot ended the run but in reality the last three or four combined did.

Hu

alphadog

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have done this drill for years only caveat alternate pockets for every shot.
My personal best 29 on a triple shimmed gaff table.

I challenged SVB to make 10 in a row on a valley bar box. He shot a couple shots and said no thanks.

stevekur1

The "COMMISH"
Silver Member
I was doing this yesterday, Alternating the spots to make the drill go quicker. making the CB land in that kitchen each time. I did 13 in a row that way.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I have done this drill for years only caveat alternate pockets for every shot.
My personal best 29 on a triple shimmed gaff table.

I challenged SVB to make 10 in a row on a valley bar box. He shot a couple shots and said no thanks.
I think you better not offer it to him again considering how hard he practices.:wink:

And since people don't seem to remember.... The unofficial record for spot shots (spot-to-spot, no other requirements) is something over 1000 in a row by Spot Shot Kenny. Really. See the previous discussions.

Icon of Sin

I can't fold, I need gold. I re-up and reload...
Silver Member
The unofficial record for spot shots (spot-to-spot, no other requirements) is something over 1000 in a row by Spot Shot Kenny. Really. See the previous discussions.

There is a reason that's unofficial. I highly doubt that.

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Thanks
Steve

For me this would be how many times I can hear someone tell another banger the wrong rules before I run up to them and beat them in the head with a house cue.

Rubik's Cube

Pool Ball Collector
Silver Member
I used to practice this sort of thing. It’s a huge advantage if you can persuade a friend to undertake respotting duties.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
There is a reason that's unofficial. I highly doubt that.
There were some witness reports on AZB about Spot Shot Kenny including from people who spotted the balls for him sometimes. I tend to believe it's possible. If someone wants a small bet on making 100 in a row, I'll pay to see it and I won't be that surprised. I also believe many of the stories about Titanic Thompson.

Icon of Sin

I can't fold, I need gold. I re-up and reload...
Silver Member
There were some witness reports on AZB about Spot Shot Kenny including from people who spotted the balls for him sometimes. I tend to believe it's possible. If someone wants a small bet on making 100 in a row, I'll pay to see it and I won't be that surprised. I also believe many of the stories about Titanic Thompson.
100 I believe. Thats a far cry from 1000+