Logo new to me!!!

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Leon,

I am am big admirer of your workmanship and creativity. The new logo looks a bit off to my eye.

Please don't take offense but the floating inlay at the top of the S and the extended curl on the
bottom take away from the sleekness of the logo, at least in my opinion. I think if you made the
top & bottom to resemble one another, it would look more sleek, symmetrical and distinctive.

Logos are important, as well as signatures for those cue-makers that sign their cues. A cue-maker
has to have decent penmanship if they decide to sign their cues and logos help establish your brand.
Now the problem will become all your customers will like it so much it will be requested on every cue.

Matt B.

Sunchaser

Belgian Malinois
Silver Member
Hi Leon. I always thought you had the best logo already. Easy to read, identify from afar, and to be sly is synonymous with being cunning, crafty, tricky, sneaky... by definition. What could possibly be better? Just my opinion. Best of luck...Matt D.

snowmon34

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you're thinking a new logo for a banner, t-shirts, stickers etc. I'm a fan...

If you're thinking logo for your cues I'm not a fan,,
It's too busy, and it reminds of a production cue company logo..

I think most prefer a simple logo, or signature
Let your work continue to be the focal point..

mattb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you're thinking a new logo for a banner, t-shirts, stickers etc. I'm a fan...

If you're thinking logo for your cues I'm not a fan,,
It's too busy, and it reminds of a production cue company logo..

I think most prefer a simple logo, or signature
Let your work continue to be the focal point..

I have to agree with this as well. Would look good on your business cards, t shirts, etc but if i was buying one of your cues i would either want the current logo or possibly a small signature somewhere.

Your cue work is fantastic.

Johnny Rosato

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Leon,

I am am big admirer of your workmanship and creativity. The new logo looks a bit off to my eye.

Please don't take offense but the floating inlay at the top of the S and the extended curl on the
bottom take away from the sleekness of the logo, at least in my opinion. I think if you made the
top & bottom to resemble one another, it would look more sleek, symmetrical and distinctive.

Logos are important, as well as signatures for those cue-makers that sign their cues. A cue-maker
has to have decent penmanship if they decide to sign their cues and logos help establish your brand.
Now the problem will become all your customers will like it so much it will be requested on every cue.

Matt B.
^^^ I agree with Bava,and sometimes less is more,best of luck regardless !!!
Johnny Rosato,B'ham,Al

flaslyfox

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
TO BE USED ON HIGHER END CUES.
BLK BORDER WITH SILVER INLAYS

It is different and looks good I too like the SLY logo it quick to identify cue, But change may be confusing on who the cuemaker is. You are the creator and if it is your will so be it. Love all the slys I have in my collection keep up the great work. Always looking to adopt other SLYS :thumbup:

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There's only 7 letters tp your name. A signature "Leon Sly"
in a script with a fancy L and fancy S would look elegant.

bobco729

bobco729
Silver Member
I like the old sly logo. If it ain't broke don't try to fix it. Maybe use the $ly logo on cues over $4,000.00 not just the old English s by itself.

CJH

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Neat, clean and classy is the rule. Your current logo is neat, clean and classy.