Team Biado/Banares wins 25-16

Attachments

• Capture.jpg
    Capture.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 405

otrebor22

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Can someone explain to me why Dennis and his partner are considered under dogs in this match?

Assuming that Dennis and Carlo are of same speed (Dennis a lil better than Carlo), Jericho is a seasoned money player in the P. I. while James although a top tier pinoy is barely new to this kind of big money games.

The-Professor

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Assuming that Dennis and Carlo are of same speed (Dennis a lil better than Carlo), Jericho is a seasoned money player in the P. I. while James although a top tier pinoy is barely new to this kind of big money games.

How much money was on this game? Was it really enough to shake James up?

Ak Guy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
An example

An example of how pool should be played. No whining, no raking balls, no rack issues, no jumping on the table, no throwing cues on the floor, no jumping into your partners, etc. no calling some one an f,,,,,n cheater.

Just very good players doing what they do, making balls and making it look easy.

I like my new shaft, I bet they could really make it play............

ctran

You watch me.
Silver Member
Can someone explain to me why Dennis and his partner are considered under dogs in this match?

the speed they play is a clear sign, Carlo & Jericho play at same speed with their own game, they keep each other in great natural rhythm.

on the other hands, Dennis seems to shoot slower these days, while James shoots faster whether he makes or misses, they fail to catch a good rhythm together and cannot string racks together.

i like scotch doubles and I think apart from game levels, accuracy, a sync of rhythm is most important, again, no matter make or miss.

Johann Chua and Jeffrey Ignacio is similar to Dennis and James, one shoots slower one shoots faster, I have seen them lose to Carlo + Jericho bad.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
hi Jay, was it 20k in the middle (2 teams only) or including side bets?

I'm now finding out the total bet was more like 250,000p or about $5,000 US. That's still a tidy sum over there where our dollar has 3-5 times the buying power.
Side bets could easily be in the neighborhood of 5-10,000p per game. A typical one game bet would be 500-1,000p and when you multiply that by fifteen or twenty betters
it adds up.

Last edited:

dawgcpa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm now finding out the total bet was more like 250,000p or about $5,000 US. That's still a tidy sum over there where our dollar has 3-5 times the buying power.
Side bets could easily be in the neighborhood of 5-10,000p per game. A typical one game bet would be 500-1,000p and when you multiply that by fifteen or twenty betters
it adds up.

Jay, you should start a tour company for people wanting to visit and see the best of the best matches. I’d pay to go there and know a guide could take me to the right places and keep me out of the bad spots. Also you could get them ring side and let them meet great players. I’d think there was a market for it!

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Jay, you should start a tour company for people wanting to visit and see the best of the best matches. I’d pay to go there and know a guide could take me to the right places and keep me out of the bad spots. Also you could get them ring side and let them meet great players. I’d think there was a market for it!

That's a great idea but probably not for me at this time. I prefer to stay out of Manila as much as possible. It's just too crowded, too polluted and way too much traffic! We have a home in Angeles City, about fifty miles outside of Manila. Not nearly as crowded or polluted and there is a sizable foreign population. It's the home of the old Clark AFB, which has been turned into a domestic airport. You can take flights from there all over the Philippines and to many Asian countries directly.

Efren and Francisco live here and there have been some big money games, usually between Australian hustlers and Filipinos, none of whom you've ever heard of but still play jam up pool. Seems like everyone plays in a pool league here (all on 9' tables) and I've even subbed a time or two. It's a long haul into Manila because of the traffic and I only go for an occasional poker tourney. Even then I prefer to travel on a Sunday, the lightest day for traffic.

That said, I have served as a defacto tour guide for a couple of my friends who came over to check things out. Single guys who are looking to hook up with a sweet Filipina. It's not hard to do in Angeles City. That's where I met my wife!

Attachments

• C360_2018-02-11-15-02-02-679.jpg
    C360_2018-02-11-15-02-02-679.jpg
    186.4 KB · Views: 121
Last edited: