Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Instruction & Ask the pros > Instructional Material reviews
Reload this Page If you had ~$60 for one Ďbeginnerí DVD...
Page 2 of 2 12

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old
  (#16)
goettlicher
AzB Silver Member
goettlicher has a reputation beyond reputegoettlicher has a reputation beyond reputegoettlicher has a reputation beyond reputegoettlicher has a reputation beyond reputegoettlicher has a reputation beyond reputegoettlicher has a reputation beyond reputegoettlicher has a reputation beyond reputegoettlicher has a reputation beyond reputegoettlicher has a reputation beyond reputegoettlicher has a reputation beyond reputegoettlicher has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

09-24-2019, 04:36 PM

The correct grip is a perfect cradle!

Old
  (#17)
JackOfNoTrades
AzB Bronze Member
JackOfNoTrades is on a distinguished road

09-24-2019, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goettlicher View Post
The correct grip is a perfect cradle!
Thank you! My problem is Iím not sure how tightly to hold it

Iíve read the Ďbaby birdí analogy, but itís hard to relate to that. Then Iíve read where youíre supposed to essentially hold it so lightly that you let the cue do its thing without dropping it, but when I try that it feels so loose that I donít have control!

Iím a-workiní on it though. Truth is Iíve shot pool on and off for years, have always sucked, and now that Iíve got a home table I want to build my skill set from the ground up.

Thanks everyone!!!

Old
  (#18)
mchnhed
I Came, I Shot, I Choked
mchnhed has a reputation beyond reputemchnhed has a reputation beyond reputemchnhed has a reputation beyond reputemchnhed has a reputation beyond reputemchnhed has a reputation beyond reputemchnhed has a reputation beyond reputemchnhed has a reputation beyond reputemchnhed has a reputation beyond reputemchnhed has a reputation beyond reputemchnhed has a reputation beyond reputemchnhed has a reputation beyond repute

09-25-2019, 06:18 AM

Setup an iPhone or video camera from the side and then from the back to see how your stroke is.

Shoot Pool
Not People

Old
  (#19)
JackOfNoTrades
AzB Bronze Member

Cool 09-25-2019, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mchnhed View Post
Setup an iPhone or video camera from the side and then from the back to see how your stroke is.
Thatís a fabulous idea! I will do exactly that, then compare as best I can to Briesath, other pros I like, etc.! You da man.

Old
  (#20)
surffisher2a
AzB Silver Member
surffisher2a has a reputation beyond reputesurffisher2a has a reputation beyond reputesurffisher2a has a reputation beyond reputesurffisher2a has a reputation beyond reputesurffisher2a has a reputation beyond reputesurffisher2a has a reputation beyond reputesurffisher2a has a reputation beyond reputesurffisher2a has a reputation beyond reputesurffisher2a has a reputation beyond reputesurffisher2a has a reputation beyond reputesurffisher2a has a reputation beyond repute

09-25-2019, 10:27 AM

Zero X Billiards is Tor Lowry's website to buy his material. There are some great bargains on there for digital downloads. I am pretty sure you can get an entire video series for like 30 bucks.

Old
  (#21)
JackOfNoTrades
AzB Bronze Member

09-25-2019, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by surffisher2a View Post
Zero X Billiards is Tor Lowry's website to buy his material. There are some great bargains on there for digital downloads. I am pretty sure you can get an entire video series for like 30 bucks.
Thatís on my radar for sure! Iím wondering if Torís material is too advanced for a newbie? Iím talking like building my game from the ground up as if Iíd never held a cue. Not looking to go pro but I adore the game and want to be decent at it

Old
  (#22)
JackOfNoTrades
AzB Bronze Member

Thumbs up 09-25-2019, 03:25 PM

Oh, I broke down and spent some $ on the book ďPoolology - Mastering the Art of Aiming,Ē by Brian Crist. I saw a video on YouTube about it and it looked pretty solid and down-to-earth, plus it got good reviews on Amazon. Iím sure yíall are familiar with this.

lol Anyway I know yíall arenít invested in my learning tools, Iím just excited and my wife gets bored when I talk to her about it.

Old
  (#23)
surffisher2a
AzB Silver Member
surffisher2a has a reputation beyond reputesurffisher2a has a reputation beyond reputesurffisher2a has a reputation beyond reputesurffisher2a has a reputation beyond reputesurffisher2a has a reputation beyond reputesurffisher2a has a reputation beyond reputesurffisher2a has a reputation beyond reputesurffisher2a has a reputation beyond reputesurffisher2a has a reputation beyond reputesurffisher2a has a reputation beyond reputesurffisher2a has a reputation beyond repute

09-25-2019, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackOfNoTrades View Post
Thatís on my radar for sure! Iím wondering if Torís material is too advanced for a newbie? Iím talking like building my game from the ground up as if Iíd never held a cue. Not looking to go pro but I adore the game and want to be decent at it
you should be good with his material. He builds his entire skill set off of stressing fundamentals and getting the correct stroke.

I would also check out some of Joe Tuckers material as well.

Old
  (#24)
JackOfNoTrades
AzB Bronze Member

09-27-2019, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by surffisher2a View Post
you should be good with his material. He builds his entire skill set off of stressing fundamentals and getting the correct stroke.

I would also check out some of Joe Tuckers material as well.
Fantastic! Thank you sir.

Page 2 of 2 12

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: