CJ vs Earl bonus match

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Does anyone really care? Earl's traveling idiot show is not entertaining anymore. Its like watching a boxer who won't get out of the ring. Sad actually.

Rico

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Charity for a cry baby . He could of went out with some class and a little dignity Definitely not good for the game or people who try to keep and grow the game .

westcoast

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think people are just hoping to witness the rare flashback that Earl is sometimes able to achieve- like he did at the last Turning Stone

Z-Nole

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think people are just hoping to witness the rare flashback that Earl is sometimes able to achieve- like he did at the last Turning Stone

I think people are more interested in seeing him go off his meds and implode. That’s always exciting. Definitely more exciting than rotation pool.

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ease up fellows. Damn.

Nope, Earl is not now nor will he ever be even half the player he was in his prime. But, all this chit talk is just that...chit IMO.

Let the man do what he does.....play pool.

If he's playing bad or he is just not in a good place mentally leave it alone and don't watch if you don't want to but, stop being a55's....it's the Pearl.

Just because one gets past their prime and has several really bad days doesn't mean they should take a knee and retire.

Jeff

Maniac

2manyQ's
Silver Member
Ease up fellows. Damn.

Nope, Earl is not now nor will he ever be even half the player he was in his prime. But, all this chit talk is just that...chit IMO.

If he's playing bad or he is just not in a good place mentally leave it alone and don't watch if you don't want to but, stop being a55's....it's the Pearl.

Just because one gets past their prime and has several really bad days doesn't mean they should take a knee and retire.

Jeff

So....you approve of his tableside manners???

Maniac (just asking for a friend)

Joe_Jaguar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ease up fellows. Damn.

Jeff

Earl thinks you are a dumb a55.

:rolleyes:

Chicken Feather

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's just my guess..... all the Earl haters would make fun of a disabled person because he couldn't perform at 100%.

I never thought it was proper to ridicule someone's disability. :deadhorse::banghead::banghead:

RiverCity

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's just my guess..... all the Earl haters would make fun of a disabled person because he couldn't perform at 100%.

I never thought it was proper to ridicule someone's disability. :deadhorse::banghead::banghead:

Its not.

If they had a mentally ill family member, I guaran-goddamn-tee you they would not find it amusing if someone showed up on their doorstep to antagonize them and get them "to go off".

But mostly, people like to talk shit on the internet. Free entertainment for some folks.

warfdiesel

Getting Better
Silver Member

Earl doesn’t have a disability. He is just an arrogant a**!! Dude is just a completely rude human being.

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I disagree warfdiesel...I believe Earl is bipolar, and undiagnosed and unmedicated. I understand bipolar behavior because I'm married to one.
It is a medical condition...not a choice. :rolleyes:

Scott Lee
Director, SPF National Pool School Tour

Earl doesn’t have a disability. He is just an arrogant a**!! Dude is just a completely rude human being.

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's blatantly obvious that some on here know absolutely nothing about "Affective Disorders" and how they can and will put you down for the count mentally and sometimes physically for "x" amount of time when put in a given situation and then, be "ok" fir "x" amount of time until, you guessed it, another situation comes along.

^^^^^^^ pretty much describes Earl entire social life.

Let's not forget that Earl Strickland is a person and has accomplished great things despite the several debilitating things that he's had to deal with.....and all while on a HUGE stage in front of the entire WORLD.

I applaud Earl Strickland for being able to keep it together as well as he has, for as long as he has.

To be uneducated is one thing, to be outright cruel is another and IMO, it's totally unacceptable.

Jeff

RiverCity

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't know what's worse, armchair critics or internet "psychologists".

Do you have a subject that you are well versed in, and can ascertain details about it at a glance?

I would guess your answer to be yes. Pool if nothing else should fit that description.

And if so, why do you think that other people dont have the knowledge and ability to recognize mental illness when they see and or hear it?

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't know what's worse, armchair critics or internet "psychologists".

Neither here but, like Scott said earlier, I have a family member that suffers from the exact same thing and unless it's treated, it is a disaster "waiting" to happen. Then again, even when in treatment, it's always a good chance of issues, just not as often nor as severe.

It's not a joking matter in the least.

Jeff

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Do you have a subject that you are well versed in, and can ascertain details about it at a glance?

I would guess your answer to be yes. Pool if nothing else should fit that description.

And if so, why do you think that other people dont have the knowledge and ability to recognize mental illness when they see and or hear it?

Absolutely!

I've spent my share of time speaking with professionals about this very subject.

When we have friends or family that have these issues, well, over time we tend to become more educated than we care to be.

Jeff