mid america cnc

TomHay

Best Tips For Less
Gold Member
Silver Member
is anyone using the cnc add on for tapers from todd,looking for some reviews.

I was lucky enough to get the first, can't say enough good things about it or Todd.

Some do not understand you can gear it on and off and put a regular Tool Post on for facing off etc.

Times sure have changed with the Mach1 Vs the Ahha on my old Bludworth CNC's.

rhncue

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was lucky enough to get the first, can't say enough good things about it or Todd.

Some do not understand you can gear it on and off and put a regular Tool Post on for facing off etc.

Times sure have changed with the Mach1 Vs the Ahha on my old Bludworth CNC's.

Hey Tom!

This is way off subject but you said you used to use AH-HA software and you may be a great help.

I, likewise also use AH-HA software for my gantry CNC. about 9 months ago, the computer running the CNC took a dump. The hard drive quit. I put it in the shop for repair and a new hard drive. They called after a few days and I was told they could not be of help as they quit making those hard drives in 2002. I kept out a look on Amazon and finally located a used hard drive to match.

I had someone install the hard drive and put dos on it. He then went and tried to load the AH-HA software. As you know the software is all contained on one floppy disc. The man trying to load the disc told me that over time, the disc had become corrupted and could not be loaded as there was a file missing.

Sherm also uses AH-HA so I took the comp. to sherms and he loaded his software onto my machine. The problem is is that there is 3 versions of AH-HA software I use the "Pro" and his the "Artisan" so my card is not compatible with his version of the software.

What I'm trying to do now is track down someone whom has the proper "for my card" Pro installation disc that I can get a copy of. I've got around 1200-1400 cnc programs generated for the AH-HA software plus I've got the bugs down pat.

After all of this, the question is: do you still have a copy of your installation disc? Is it for the Pro version? and, if not, do you know of anyone who does?

Any help with this problem would be greatly appreciated.

Dick

TomHay

Best Tips For Less
Gold Member
Silver Member
Dick,

Strange as it might seem, there is a 50/50 chance that I do, yes, LOL, I am a hoarder when it comes to those sort of things thinking the day after I get rid of it, I will need it.

Those guys used to give me great turn around service. I wish I could remember what year BobCad I had, you used to have to do a plug in on your computer for it to work.

I am tied up but will be back to you by Tuesday Mid Morning. I hope I do, I love to see old things pop back up to life.

rhncue

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have Todd's cnc setup and I am very happy with it. Get the CueCut program from MVP cue here on this forum and you will be very pleased with this setup.

I bought one of George's "18X48" CNC kits over a year ago and still haven't assembled it as yet. I'll be running Mach 3 on it. Although I am very mechanically inclined and can see what needs to be built and then build it, the electronics part I am at a loss. I still need to learn Mach 3. That's the reason that I bought AH-HA. Sherm, my ex partner was using it and taught me what I know. I'm very slow in learning that kind of stuff. Once I do get it running the first thing I do is get that program.

When MVP was still in the process of designing that program and telling all of the improvements he was making had me so excited. That is the perfect program for what I want this new CNC for. I'll be using my big CNC for inlays and such as I've been doing for years and have the Xzero set up just for shafts and butt tapers.

Dick

rhncue

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Dick,

Strange as it might seem, there is a 50/50 chance that I do, yes, LOL, I am a hoarder when it comes to those sort of things thinking the day after I get rid of it, I will need it.

Those guys used to give me great turn around service. I wish I could remember what year BobCad I had, you used to have to do a plug in on your computer for it to work.

I am tied up but will be back to you by Tuesday Mid Morning. I hope I do, I love to see old things pop back up to life.

Thanks so much Tom. I had just about given up on finding one since the company is no longer. I corresponded with Thomas Wayne for awhile as he uses it on one or two of his machines but that fell through as did with Russ Espiritu who tried to be very helpful but couldn't come through in the end.

Sherms version put the program onto my computer but it wouldn't send data to my drivers. It would just lock up the computer and saying that it was the wrong card for the Pro version of AH-HA and to call a number to acquire the correct one, but, they are out of business.

Once again, thanks Tom.

Dick