Best used 9' pool table for under $1000?

brilliance

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What would be the best pool table, 9' long, used for under $1000?

Its for home use.

RichSchultz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I love my Brunswick Metro 9’ with pro cut pockets. Bought it used for $1,000...with Earl’s autograph on it.

strmanglr scott

All about Focus
Silver Member
If you can be patient you'll find a v nice table on CL for under a grand.

I've seen gold crowns less than that.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you can be patient you'll find a v nice table on CL for under a grand.

I've seen gold crowns less than that.
True but those often hide potentially EXPENSIVE repairs. $1500 is usually the lowest a decent GC goes for. Not saying you can't get one for under a G-note but its rare to find a clean one at that price.

JolietJames

Boot Party Coordinator
Silver Member
Patience is key. Deals pop up from time to time. Got my GC2 with updated GC4 top for $500.
Check CL with searchtempest twice a week and you're likely to find a good deal. Good luck.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Patience is key. Deals pop up from time to time. Got my GC2 with updated GC4 top for $500.
Check CL with searchtempest twice a week and you're likely to find a good deal. Good luck.
Niiiiiiiiiiiice. You stole that badboy.

strmanglr scott

All about Focus
Silver Member
True but those often hide potentially EXPENSIVE repairs. $1500 is usually the lowest a decent GC goes for. Not saying you can't get one for under a G-note but its rare to find a clean one at that price.

It's true. But not everyone knows what they have. I also think it kind of depends where you live. Some people get into or are getting out of a house and they just need the thing gone.

Last year I saw a Gold Crown 1 in immaculate condition for $750 and then she dropped the price to $500. I should have bought it even though I already have a table and no place to put it.

It sold, then about a week later I swear, same table up for sale $2500 by someone else.

Rico

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Pool ?????? people pay $40 for a tip $600 for a shaft and want a table for a $1000. And if that mechanic wants $500 to move it set it up and cover it wtf. And then go to a tournament with no handicap.I QUIT im taking up golf.

bud green

Dolley and Django
Silver Member
I've seen many very nice Olhausen tables with Accu-Fast cushions go for under $1K. They play fine if they are in decent shape and set up right.

Craiglist, especially with people who are moving and need to get everything out of the house by a certain date.

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/pen/spo/d/san-mateo-olhausen-pool-table-great/6900022830.html

I literally spent 30 seconds looking up that link. Its not what you are looking for, but you can see the $1k or less deals out there if you wait.

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
I paid 500 for this when a local bar closed and another 500 to get it moved and new cloth. The metal finish was well worn but it was solid and the slate was clean. I've since sold it and got 1000 without trying. I think you can find a nice gold crown but it may be a little over 1000 all in...I was fairly lucky but I see them around that range. You won't likely find it in a week but watch craigslist and other places for a few months and you may be surprised. Not may houses have room for a 9' table and you can negotiate once they accept that there aren't many 9' buyers out there. They want the table gone, you are their savior.

1b79573e44ae454d0bf0e9f90a4d0e85.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

CGM

It'd be a lot cooler if you did.
Silver Member
I paid $1000 for my GC3 with ball return 3 yrs ago and they are pretty difficult to find in So Texas. I paid $500 to have it moved and refelted with Championship Tourney cloth albeit it was covered poorly and the felt is coming out of the featherstripping on the rails. Keep looking you will find a good tabke at that price. Just get a good mechanic to set it up or you will regret it.

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What would be the best pool table, 9' long, used for under $1000?

Its for home use.
Older Gandy Big G tables are good quality commercial tables you can often find very cheap, particularly in the south. You may need to put some money in to replacing the cushion rubbers and cloth, but if you do, it should play very good.

CGM

It'd be a lot cooler if you did.
Silver Member
There is a 9' GC for sale in Houston for $500 on Facebook Marketplace. Looks like it's in great shape for that money.

JolietJames

Boot Party Coordinator
Silver Member
Older Gandy Big G tables are good quality commercial tables you can often find very cheap, particularly in the south. You may need to put some money in to replacing the cushion rubbers and cloth, but if you do, it should play very good.

Those are damn nice tables. I've heard of people building up the subrails to make them play tighter. Very solid table iirc.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
That's what I think he told me. I bought it from the owner of the local pool hall. He had a bunch disassembled and in storage after replacing them with ProAms.

If it was a 2, then the ball tray trim and feet would have been bronze colored.

JolietJames

Boot Party Coordinator
Silver Member
Thanks, I'll check the feet when I get home.
I should have known that since my last table was a 2.