Moved to Raleigh N.C.

ghostball

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi everyone out in AZ world,just to let you know i have moved to Raleigh N.C. if you would like to contact me my number is still 727 798 5561 or post on AZ.
Ray Martin

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
Hi everyone out in AZ world,just to let you know i have moved to Raleigh N.C. if you would like to contact me my number is still 727 798 5561 or post on AZ.
Ray Martin

Just found out last night Ray. Good luck on the farm!!!

Freddie <~~~ moved in and Ray moved out???

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Good luck to you Ray! I hope it's a good move for you. I'm sure the players in the Tampa Bay area will miss you. People looking to work with you, will follow you anywhere though!

Scott Lee
http://poolknowledge.com

edd

Trance Doc
Silver Member
Hi Ray,

Welcome to Raleigh. Hope we can hook-up to play sometime. Several Raleigh-based AZ'ers, so I'm sure you'll get well introduced to the area!

Majic

With The Lights ON !!
Silver Member
Welcome to NC Ray. I look forward to meeting you at some point.

JumpinJoe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Mr. Ray is a great player and teacher. I watched him play countless hours before I moved from Clearwater in 2004.
Hopefully you guys got a regular golf game for him in one of the lical N.C. pool rooms

Wish you the best Ray.
-Brent

edd

Trance Doc
Silver Member
Where do you play out of ?
Ray

Typically, play at Buck's near Raleigh/Cary line. 10 9' GC IV's in the front room. Decent atmosphere with good food, as well.

1102 Buck Jones Rd
Raleigh, NC 27607

AcuraHeel

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ed is a great guy...:)

A few of us play of of Bucks and High House Billiards.. Fun group of people at both bars..

George

Last edited:

ghostball

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Typically, play at Buck's near Raleigh/Cary line. 10 9' GC IV's in the front room. Decent atmosphere with good food, as well.

1102 Buck Jones Rd
Raleigh, NC 27607

I taught there a few times at Bucks,nice place.I don't think i have seen High House.
Ray

edd

Trance Doc
Silver Member
I taught there a few times at Bucks,nice place.I don't think i have seen High House.
Ray

Nice GC V's @ HHB. Nicely maintained room. My only complaint is the positioning of the tables. Either need to be spaced differently or have fewer tables.

MediocrityNC

Ring game?
Silver Member
Our local house pro Matthew Fralin is a treat to play with....:grin:

You can take my so called "house pro" status when you can beat me again Puddin' Pie :wink:...we can try it when we both get our new Sly's in...:grin:

Anyways...HHB has the best owners, very nice place, and take very good care of their tables and they're about to have them refelted.

Bucks has a good layout and they're FINALLY refelting now.

HHB always has my vote! Bucks is a little more quiet and the tables play decent.

branpureza

Ginacue
Silver Member
Never been to High House. I usually prefer Diamond tables but I might swing by there tomorrow (Saturday) and check it out since I think Brown's is having a tournament all day.

Looks like they open at 2pm, anyone know if all the tables are the same or do they have some with tighter pockets?

Blue Hog ridr

World Famous Fisherman.
Silver Member
Beautiful little city there from what I got to see of it in 1980.

I worked the Wall of Death at the fair then.
Loved the architecture on some of the historic homes that I saw.

Saw one that was like an old New England style with the dome and looked like it had a widows walk. It was condemned and fenced off waiting for restoration. Least I hoped it was. I would have loved to have a tour of the inside. It reminded me of the Munsters home on 1313 Mockingbird Lane.

Majic

With The Lights ON !!
Silver Member
Never been to High House. I usually prefer Diamond tables but I might swing by there tomorrow (Saturday) and check it out since I think Brown's is having a tournament all day.

Looks like they open at 2pm, anyone know if all the tables are the same or do they have some with tighter pockets?

all the same size buckets.