Ronnie O'Sullivan does it again, Oct 5, 2019

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I simply love it , she is one that has pushed for equal prize money in snooker when the 2 are miles apart in skill level, No doubt Ronnie was looking for a beat down and he did just that

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
HOLY TOLEDO!! Wow, that was amazing!

:grin-square:
The ref was wearing running shoes.:eek:

A pretty clean maximum. Sadly it does not count towards his official total since it was an exhibition.

I particularly liked the shot where he went partly over a ball.

Last edited:

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Truly amazing! Can you believe the shot he made on the red when the break stood at 80? The position play on that shot was otherworldly.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I don't think a 147 is any tougher than a run of 200 in straight pool or a six pack in 9-ball. Many non-professionals snooker players have had a 147 break.
I guess one indicator is that a maximum usually does not occur in major tournaments, but it does occur several times per year. If there were more 14.1 tournaments, it might be like 150-and-out if that were the standard length. A six-pack seems about right for nine ball -- where is AtLarge when you need him?

One thing that makes it a little hard to compare is that after 80 points of snooker the rest of the frame is an exhibition since the opponent will almost certainly concede as soon as you miss.

mista335

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I simply love it , she is one that has pushed for equal prize money in snooker when the 2 are miles apart in skill level, No doubt Ronnie was looking for a beat down and he did just that

She needs to work on her lag.

Shuddy

Diamond Dave’s babysitter
Silver Member

The exhibition ended with a score of 4-2. I don’t think Ronnie was looking to on beat down. He prefers playing exhibitions to tournaments because he gets purely to entertain people. That would have been his motivation.

A 147 is much harder than a 6-pack. Much, much harder.

EDIT for clarification: I guess it depends on the racking/break rules, but even with the toughest racking rules I believe a 147 is harder.

Last edited:

pooladdict

no doubt about it
Silver Member

One thing that makes it a little hard to compare is that after 80 points of snooker the rest of the frame is an exhibition since the opponent will almost certainly concede as soon as you miss.

Excellent point, thats why its hard to compare to a run in 14-1 or a x-pack in 9-ball. In pool, your opponent can always come back in each game. In snooker, all the pressure is off after 80 points - in that particular game.

That said, RS is a true artist an perhaps the best cueist ever

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The Rocket. Wow. She won a couple games so she's no slouch. Ronnie is incredible.

Last edited:

Cardigan Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Truly amazing! Can you believe the shot he made on the red when the break stood at 80? The position play on that shot was otherworldly.

Was that the one at 4:40 where the only red he can see, he is on the wrong side of to get to the black, so he fires it in and uses another red to carom into position. In awe, I had to replay it 3 times to absorb everything that happened there. Truly remarkable.

BasementDweller

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm sort of surprised Ronnie hasn't tried or converted an all pink, blue, or heaven forbid brown, green, or yellow clearance. He seems like the kind of guy that would do something so crazy.

Shuddy

Diamond Dave’s babysitter
Silver Member
I'm sort of surprised Ronnie hasn't tried or converted an all pink, blue, or heaven forbid brown, green, or yellow clearance. He seems like the kind of guy that would do something so crazy.

He took 15 reds and pinks and missed on one of the colors. Can’t remember when or which tournament, but the black was in balk.

EDIT: Found it.

https://youtu.be/hICY9KXh058

Last edited:

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Was that the one at 4:40 where the only red he can see, he is on the wrong side of to get to the black, so he fires it in and uses another red to carom into position. In awe, I had to replay it 3 times to absorb everything that happened there. Truly remarkable.

Yes, that's the shot. He plows through a few loose balls with follow and somehow finds the carom angle and speed for position on the black. You could see from his facial expression before the shot that he was upset with himself for having landed in such poor position --- but then he pulled a rabbit out of his hat.