1993 Schon

taozhong

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi all.. Not too sure if this section is the right place for this thread but here goes..

I bough this particular Schon: http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=249637

Would like inputs from those AZ'ers who have more knowledge on Schon cues.. What joint is that? It looks different from the standard 5/16x14.. If i were to get a new shaft from schon would it fit? And I noticed that very few schon shafts have that 'Schon 13' sign on the collar. Is there any significance of that sign?

Any input would be greatly appreciated!

ogre4905

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't know about pin but I know the schon 13 on the shaft was a only used on shafts made in 1993

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Renegade_56

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
yes, the newer shafts will fit,,,,,that pin was only used about a year, but it's the 5/16-14 thread.

West Point 1987

On the Hill, Out of Gas
Silver Member
That's an ACME pin, only used that year...I've got it on my STL 17, it's a great joint. All 5/16x14 shafts I've tried will fit the butt, but the inserts on the 1993 "13mm" shafts won't fit other non-ACME pin butts. Something about the pilot being too big and the brass insert (maybe) too shallow...don't know. I do know that all 7 of my non-Schon 5/16x14 shafts (2xJoss, 2xGEM, 2xCarolina and 1 Gulyassy SPTX) fit my Schon no problemo...The two Schon shafts I have won't fit any of the other butts but my Schon, though.

Renegade_56

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That's an ACME pin, only used that year...I've got it on my STL 17, it's a great joint. All 5/16x14 shafts I've tried will fit the butt, but the inserts on the 1993 "13mm" shafts won't fit other non-ACME pin butts. Something about the pilot being too big and the brass insert (maybe) too shallow...don't know. I do know that all 7 of my non-Schon 5/16x14 shafts (2xJoss, 2xGEM, 2xCarolina and 1 Gulyassy SPTX) fit my Schon no problemo...The two Schon shafts I have won't fit any of the other butts but my Schon, though.

green to ya on this one,,,,,,great info