K66 vs K55 ... playability

realkingcobra

Silver Member
AHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA, that is some funny stuff right there.

Trent from Toledo

Don't sweat it, 16 post in 9 years, and almost every one of them is about cues, not pool tables, with the exception of telling someone to trim the pockets back to make them fit a GC....which means they're the wrong pockets anyway if you have to trim them back...LOL

ROB.M

:)
Silver Member
WOW, sorry to hear AZ allows people like this Rob.M to even speak! Absolutely nothing could be further from reality.

Rail profiles vary on manufacturer. Nose height, undercut pitch, leading arc of rubber and other variables. Even the rail core AND the core angle are factors.

I recommend AZ remove this BAD info post immediately so as not to further undercut it's reputation
Thanks, Bob Sharpe @ bobsbilliards.com

( Gabriels tables use a Kleber P37 cushion)

-

What in the world are you taking about....?

Rob.M

rth67

Thank you Mr Bond. Best answer.
I would add that Valley barbox tables have K55 & K66 profiles based on year.
I had a customer that had an old 8' Valley which originally came with K55 profile rails. Sometime in the history of the table, likely at a vending company, they replaced the rails with the newer K66. My customer did not know this and ordered the K55 rubber whose height is too high and overlaps the top and bottom of the blank. Over time as the cloth gets dirty you really see the rubber edge. It is possible to use the K55 on a K66 profile blank but care needs to be taken to achieve the correct nose height. Not optimal.