Identifying A Table

RVelle

Registered
Trying to get any info I can on an 8' table I just picked up this weekend, no maker identifier I can see anywhere, only a half worn slate sticker, but any info on either if it can be identified would be awesome.

First home pool table, and cant wait to get back into a league (at some point).

Thanks in advance!

RVelle

Attachments

• 20190831_182800_crop_44.jpg
    20190831_182800_crop_44.jpg
    113.3 KB · Views: 373
  • 20190831_181542_compress79.jpg
    20190831_181542_compress79.jpg
    147.2 KB · Views: 383
  • 20190831_181619_compress95.jpg
    20190831_181619_compress95.jpg
    171.9 KB · Views: 387
  • 20190902_103024_compress84.jpg
    20190902_103024_compress84.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 370
  • 20190902_103003_compress60.jpg
    20190902_103003_compress60.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 374
Last edited:

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
I feel like this table was built somewhere around Nov 1998, perhaps the 11th.
Jason

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
The wood doesn’t look very aged....but the bolting system is antique...:confused:

mikemosconi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
To me, that table looks like a small shop or one off build- it also looks like someone used 1980s Olhausen as a model for how they would build this table there are a lot of similarities under that table

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I do like your choice of carpets, you will never forget the alphabet.

Although wanting to get back into league play is like wanting to play dogeball with 6th graders after you spend time playing pro rugby. Reach higher :)

Make sure you get the rails done properly, they are a huge part of how the table plays. And don't let the wife talk you into purple or something for the cloth color.

Last edited:

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
I don't have any idea who made it, but it looks like a good box for a home table. Simple but solid construction and real slate for starters. If you bought it for under 1K (500-1,000) you did pretty well.

RVelle

Registered
Thanks all, didnt figure I would find out but wasnt sure if table design was more standard to a manufacturer.

Paid WELL under 1k, and with about 5 house cues and balls included, I jumped all over it...

So it's a potential Frankenstein or small custom build, I can still deal w that, when I went to this guys house I was expecting junk, thankfully not the case, so thanks for the info all.

Will redo all the rails and table, is leveling as tricky as it seems? And do I need to pickup a machinists level to do it right? Going to do it myself, figuring on picking up some proform worsted blend cloth for it (lol...no purple).

Kids playroom to adult area, finally...it will go with the bar on the other side if the wall very well :)

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Thanks all, didnt figure I would find out but wasnt sure is table design was more standard to a manufacturer.

Paid WELL under 1k, and with about 5 house cues and balls included, I jumped all over it...

So it's a potential Frankenstein or small custom build, I can still deal w that, when I went to this guys house I was expecting junk, so thanks for the info all.

Will redo all the rails and table, is leveling as tricky as it seems? And do I need yo pickup a machinists level to do it right? Going to do it myself, figuring on picking up some proform worsted blend cloth for it (lol...no purple).

Kids playroom to adult area, finally...it will go with the bar on the other side if the wall very well :)

A machinists level is a good choice imo. A table can be leveled without one if you know a few tricks that I won't go into here. But that level makes it a lot easier. They aren't that expensive any more.

RVelle

Registered
I do like your choice of carpets, you will never forget the alphabet.

Although wanting to get back into league play is like wanting to play dogeball with 6th graders after you spend time playing pro rugby. Reach higher :)

Make sure you get the rails done properly, they are a huge part of how the table plays. And don't let the wife talk you into purple or something for the cloth color.

Baby steps, let me get the feel of the game back and then anything can happen ;)

cueman

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
That sticker tells you the name of the slate maker in Italy add desia to the readable letters.
Mondialardesia. Maybe they would know the table maker.

Last edited:

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
That sticker tells you the name of the slate maker in Italy add desia to the readable letters.
Mondialardesia. Maybe they would know the table maker.

Amazing the info you can get on AZ...:bow-down:

classiccues

Don't hashtag your broke friends
Silver Member
This table is either a Spencer Billiards table out of Spencer Mass, or Atlas Amusements, Plainville Ct.

Call Mark 860-627-8494

JV