Pre-view of DVD on how to extend sub-rails.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Installing extensions.jpg

Installing extensions (2).jpg

Installing extensions (3).jpg

Installing extensions (4).jpg
Thought you guys might enjoy a sneek preview of how I extend the sub rails to tighten up pockets.

Glen

Last edited:

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Recovered rails. Notice the relief in the rail in picture 3, now the pocket liner ears fit nice and snug.
Recovered Rails.jpg

Recovered Rails (2).jpg

Recovered Rails (3).jpg

Recovered Rails (4).jpg

Recovered Rails (5).jpg

Glen

Last edited:

n10spool

PHD in table mechanics
Silver Member
Best work I have seen of anyone trying to tighten rails the right way everything in those pictures are top notch. Only two questions i have were did you get the red facing i only find black or white. The wood spacers i assume are 1\4" mahogany ply or do you use something better.

Thanks again for the informative picture's and great advise you give out.

Craig

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Final Pockets.jpg

Final Pockets (2).jpg

Final Pockets (3).jpg

Final Pockets (4).jpg

Final Pockets (5).jpg
Final pictures of the corner and side pockets. Sides were set at 5" and a bevel of 102 degrees, corner pockets were set at 4 1/2" with a bevel of 141 degrees.

Glen

Last edited:

realkingcobra

Silver Member
sdbilliards said:
I would liek to purchase your dvd when ready.

Sundown Wessels 866-379-8983
I think I'm delivering 3 pool tables to you or something, so I guess I'll be seeing you shortly.

Glen

realkingcobra

Silver Member
n10spool said:
Best work I have seen of anyone trying to tighten rails the right way everything in those pictures are top notch. Only two questions i have were did you get the red facing i only find black or white. The wood spacers i assume are 1\4" mahogany ply or do you use something better.

Thanks again for the informative picture's and great advise you give out.

Craig
You can get the red at Home Depot, or Lowe's. Normaly I get it at a rubber supplier back home. Yes, I used 1/4" Mahogany ply, but I also have 1/8", 3/16", 1/4", 5/16" and 3/8" solid wood at home for creating different openings.

Glen

realkingcobra

Silver Member
By the way, them pocket liners were not even screwed in at the time I took the pictures, they're just sitting there. That's why I create the relief for the cloth in the extentions, so that the extending of the sub-rail won't interfear with the ears of the pocket liners when they mount up.

Glen

realkingcobra

Silver Member
How did you like my work bench...LOL, rail bolt holes, and bar clamps work real good together...LOL

Glen

Donny Wessels

Silver Member
I don't know what Brian is planning. Last I heard he was shipping them today because of your busy schedule. Have you talked to Brian about them recently?