WWYDoodleoo

Scratch85

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Except when it isn't!

I’m agreeing with you. The same shots come up over and over again. Stop shots are more simple than one railers. One railers are more simple than two railers, two railers etc., you see where I’m going here.

For this shot, the two rails out of the corner is such a common shot, I would play it with more confidence than any other shot. Maybe not the most simple but definitely the most confident.

Sent from my iPhone using AzBilliards Forums

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
Like this?

I like A unless it's unavailable - then B's OK.

pj
chgo

View attachment 531561
I hit shot A today - lagged the CB with easy roll and no side. It came to almost exactly where I drew it - a couple inches farther from the side pocket. No danger of scratching at all and perfect on the 9.

I also hit shot B - just draw with no side. It worked perfectly too.

I quit while I was ahead.

pj
chgo

RiverCity

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You look so comfortable on that table. I think you spend a lot of time in your storeroom/workshop! :grin:

I found myself looking at all the stuff you had in there, trying to figure out what everything was for. I'm just weird that way. :p

Your video reminds me of how much us Pool freaks must have a table somewhere. I once rented a two car garage a couple of miles from my apartment and made it into my own private poolroom. On many a warm Summer night I would open the garage door and play pool, to the amusement of the people living in the apartment house in front. No one ever bothered me or my friends back there and we kept quiet late at night. The only sound you could hear coming out of that garage was the sweet click of the balls. :)

It took me over 30 years to finally have a table at home. I was having major health issues and closed down my leather shop, and my wife suggested I get a table to keep me up and moving around. Who was I to argue.... :thumbup:

Finally back to where I can play for a couple of hours at a time, first in 6 years. I still have some health issues Im dealing with, but my game is starting to come back. When I left AK, Captivebred from the forum and I were playing 30-40 hours a week, and I was able to hit my top gear almost at will. Im not back there yet, but I see it on the horizon. :thumbup:

As far as the stuff/junk, when I set it up, it was nice and neat. My tools, and various garage items on the shelving. Then my wife and daughter started "adding" things to the garage. I now have some boxes of goodwill stuff that needs to go, a bunch of lawn care stuff, a food pantry/shelving unit, and other misc crap... :(

41923759985_5042abb906_b.jpg

We are talking about moving at some point in the near future, and Im told I can have my own room with no add ons..... I have my fingers crossed LOL.

Runner

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Two rails out of the left corner long, hit the long rail about where your cue tip is,
above the side.. money.

I agree with the Buddy philosophy.. run along your position line, not across it.

Last edited:

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
I use what Grady used to call 2 natural rails.

There you go! It's always better to use natural running English whenever possible. Write that one down kids in case you didn't already know it. :rolleyes:
That way it's all about speed control and SJM has already pointed out the importance of that many times on here.

This is called Pool Mastery 101. :wink:

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Two rails out of the left corner long, hit the long rail about where your cue tip is,
above the side.. money.

I agree with the Buddy philosophy.. run along your position line, not across it.

I second that motion! :thumbup:

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
It took me over 30 years to finally have a table at home. I was having major health issues and closed down my leather shop, and my wife suggested I get a table to keep me up and moving around. Who was I to argue.... :thumbup:

Finally back to where I can play for a couple of hours at a time, first in 6 years. I still have some health issues Im dealing with, but my game is starting to come back. When I left AK, Captivebred from the forum and I were playing 30-40 hours a week, and I was able to hit my top gear almost at will. Im not back there yet, but I see it on the horizon. :thumbup:

As far as the stuff/junk, when I set it up, it was nice and neat. My tools, and various garage items on the shelving. Then my wife and daughter started "adding" things to the garage. I now have some boxes of goodwill stuff that needs to go, a bunch of lawn care stuff, a food pantry/shelving unit, and other misc crap... :(

41923759985_5042abb906_b.jpg

We are talking about moving at some point in the near future, and Im told I can have my own room with no add ons..... I have my fingers crossed LOL.

You get down pretty good for a big guy. It's a lovely feeling to fall back into stroke :). I haven't been there since I closed my last poolroom in 2005. Just a distant memory now though. Probably the best feeling I ever had in my life was when I felt like I could make any shot and pool seemed so easy, and it was then!

Andrew Manning

Aspiring know-it-all
Silver Member
Inside is probably so unpopular because we use it least - it’s really just another hit like all the rest.

pj
chgo

In terms of adjusting for the deflection and throw and swerve and everything, what you said is entirely right.

But in terms of CB control, inside is more often check english than running. There are times when it's running of course, but on a majority of shots running english will be outside and check will be inside, and running english is a much easier and more predictable way to move the CB around, when patterns and traffic allow for it.

So it's not just harder because it's rarer (as you point out), it's also rarer because it's harder.

evergruven

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
In terms of adjusting for the deflection and throw and swerve and everything, what you said is entirely right.

But in terms of CB control, inside is more often check english than running. There are times when it's running of course, but on a majority of shots running english will be outside and check will be inside, and running english is a much easier and more predictable way to move the CB around, when patterns and traffic allow for it.

So it's not just harder because it's rarer (as you point out), it's also rarer because it's harder.

I was just going to ask about this
technically, it's all technical
but...?

tucson9ball

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Looks like a natural to hit high/center and get the cue ball back to where it is now. I don't like to use rails unless they are necessary.

Andrew Manning

Aspiring know-it-all
Silver Member
I was just going to ask about this
technically, it's all technical
but...?

I think we're all indebted to evergruven for stating what needed to be said. I'm particularly glad that Black-Balled and Jay Helfert were here to read this post.

Not only was it authentic forum gibberish; it expressed a courage little seen in this day and age.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think we're all indebted to evergruven for stating what needed to be said. I'm particularly glad that Black-Balled and Jay Helfert were here to read this post.

Not only was it authentic forum gibberish; it expressed a courage little seen in this day and age.

I can definitely say

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member

I just want to know, "Who's on first?"