WPBA....still alive, or just barely?

z28flash

So is the WPBA going to continue? It looks like a dismal start to the year....then again, is there sufficient support? Anyone have updates?

Murdoch7627

Frank Reid aka "Fly Man"
Silver Member
Their "new" web site has nothing on it. Their WPBA Fan Membership Program is a failure. They still have no future 2011 tournaments listed on their web site. They don't answer calls or e mails to their office.
What do you think?

Last edited:

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wow....I had no idea. It wasn't that long a go that the wpba seemed like a huge success!!

akaTrigger

Hi!
Silver Member
Their "new" web site has nothing on it. Their WPBA Fan Membership Program is a failure. They still have no future 2011 tournaments listed on their web site. They don't answer calls or e mails to their office.
What do you think?

That's weird - they have answered all my emails of late.

It would seem that the top women players would have an easier time making a living on the road.

Everyone would be willing to gamble with them. They would easily get men to pay for their expenses, free meals and such.

It actually seems like it would be a nice time for them if the WBPA folded and they all went on the road.

Murdoch7627

Frank Reid aka "Fly Man"
Silver Member
That's weird - they have answered all my emails of late.

That's great news. How about sending them an email and ask them what is the status of the WPBA Fan Membership Program? That is, have they sent out the promised "gifts" to those who donated? Then if you could just let us know their reponse that would really clear up the status of the Membership Program for all. Thanks in advance for your help.

real bartram

Real Cold Steel
Silver Member
It would seem that the top women players would have an easier time making a living on the road.

Everyone would be willing to gamble with them. They would easily get men to pay for their expenses, free meals and such.

It actually seems like it would be a nice time for them if the WBPA folded and they all went on the road.

yes but they dont play good enough to make it on the road.
i mean 90% dont.

mlalum

Banned
yes but they dont play good enough to make it on the road.
i mean 90% dont.

Barty I like you buddy but you always seem to think you need to make everyone know women aren't as good as you. Not necessary really. Always seems very important to you to point it out. By the way you still owe me 10 fool.

real bartram

Real Cold Steel
Silver Member
Barty I like you buddy but you always seem to think you need to make everyone know women aren't as good as you. Not necessary really. Always seems very important to you to point it out. By the way you still owe me 10 fool.

what does what i say have to do with saying the
girls dont play as well as i do?

in this post i never said the girls dont play as well as me.
mlalm you are a fruit cake.

dorabelle

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I agree with Bart. Put the ladies with the men and 90% of them end up being amateurs. There is nothing wrong with the truth.

real bartram

Real Cold Steel
Silver Member
I agree with Bart. Put the ladies with the men and 90% of them end up being amateurs. There is nothing wrong with the truth.

i been on the road and know how well you have to
play to make money.
a few a the girls play well enough to make money.
im not saying that there are not many girls who play well
cause there are.
but to make money on the road its real tough.
people are tight now days so you really have to play well.

real bartram

Real Cold Steel
Silver Member

show me in this post what i said to make you think
women arent as good as me

mlalum

Banned
what does what i say have to do with saying the
girls dont play as well as i do?

in this post i never said the girls dont play as well as me.
mlalm you are a fruit cake.

I very well may be a fruit cake Barty but still doesn't answer why you're always the first one in to diss women players even when there's no need to.

dorabelle

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Id be happy to see the girls play all events with the boys. Dont give them a sense of being better then they are. We are all pool players. Gender, skin color, and the such dont matter. I cant wait until Fang and ShaSha come to North America. Hope they avoid the WPBA at all costs. Get rid of the segregation.

real bartram

Real Cold Steel
Silver Member
I very well may be a fruit cake Barty but still doesn't answer why you're always the first one in to diss women players even when there's no need to.

someone said they though the women could make more money on the
road.
i just said that not many of the womenplay well enough to do that.
in fact not many men do either.
its tough to make money on the road.
dont put words in my mouth.

mlalum

Banned
Id be happy to see the girls play all events with the boys. Dont give them a sense of being better then they are. We are all pool players. Gender, skin color, and the such dont matter. I cant wait until Fang and ShaSha come to North America. Hope they avoid the WPBA at all costs. Get rid of the segregation.

that's because you're a boy d belle

dorabelle

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Honest, 90% of the WPBA couldnt hold their own against the big boys. Its just the reality of it. Doesnt mean they cant get better. If the WPBA folds then they have no choice but to play harder.

akaTrigger

Hi!
Silver Member
That's great news. How about sending them an email and ask them what is the status of the WPBA Fan Membership Program? That is, have they sent out the promised "gifts" to those who donated? Then if you could just let us know their reponse that would really clear up the status of the Membership Program for all. Thanks in advance for your help.

Sorry - I'm no messenger. I only wanted to point out that they do answer some emails.