purchased a sanded Revo shaft.....any health risks??

thekid77

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi friends,

I recently purchased a Revo carbon fiber shaft that was sanded...

apart from the fiber particles released from the initial sanding being hazardous, are there any risks associated with playing with this sanded shaft?

or am I okay since the dust is long gone?

Thank you in advance for sharing your insight.

pinkspider

Crap user name, I know.
Silver Member
more worried about whether or not the shaft is stable. how much did he take off? carbon shafts are basically just a couple of rolled up sheets of 'paper'

thekid77

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
more worried about whether or not the shaft is stable. how much did he take off? carbon shafts are basically just a couple of rolled up sheets of 'paper'

he just scuffed the outer finish off...didnt take off hardly anything

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
Just don't lick it too often, you'll be fine.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
Fiberglass "particles" are only hazardous to you if they are respirable, and you inhale them. Minor skin irritations similar to those experience when you accidentally rub fiberglass insulation can result in exposure to free fibers. No concerns unless you continue to sand it and inhale the resulting dust. If you use actual sandpaper, you would have about the same probability of getting silicosis from inhaling the silica dust. Sleep well.
It's not fiberglass.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi friends,

apart from the fiber particles released from the initial sanding being hazardous, are there any risks associated with playing with this sanded shaft?

Why the hell was it sanded? The finish on the one's i've seen have been super slick.

kaznj

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There might be some mental health issues. Not from the sanding. I mean before the sanding. I would think that anyone who would sand down a carbon fiber shaft has to have some kind of mental disability.
On the other hand he did find someone willing to buy it.

KAP1976

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
"Know what would make this $500 shaft simply awesome? A $1.99 piece of sandpaper!"

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
With really humid conditions, try the Joe Porper Talc dispenser.
It emits a very small amount of talc that is refillable. To get an
excess amount on your bridge fingers, you’d have to press the
darn thing a dozen times when only once or twice is all you need.

You can apply the talc between you fingers and not anywhere else
because of the tiny amount released. IMO, it better than the white
fingers print you often see or worse are chalk flakes left scattered
around the table. Now that’s just table debris awaiting to screw you.

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi friends,

You are already almost 20% carbon, I would think breathing it in would be good for you, you can take Iron vitamins, Calcium vitamins, now you can get your carbon intakes for strong immune system. As an aside, are you also worried about cell phone radiation eating your brain? I think you are a bit overthinking things here, once it's sanded, it's not like it will keep tossing off flakes of stuff at you. I am also curious why someone would sand a CF shaft and why someone would buy it.

"Carbon is found in every organic molecule in the body. The reason it forms the basis for organic life is that each carbon atom offers four sites for chemical bonding and allows new bonds to be formed or broken without expending too much energy. This makes carbon a good building block, particularly for long polymeric molecules.

Carbon is ingested through the food we eat and the air we breathe. The element accounts for 18.6% of the total mass of the human body. When we exhale, we expel carbon in the form of carbon dioxide"

Last edited:

thekid77

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You are already almost 20% carbon, I would think breathing it in would be good for you, you can take Iron vitamins, Calcium vitamins, now you can get your carbon intakes for strong immune system. As an aside, are you also worried about cell phone radiation eating your brain? I think you are a bit overthinking things here, once it's sanded, it's not like it will keep tossing off flakes of stuff at you. I am also curious why someone would sand a CF shaft and why someone would buy it.

"Carbon is found in every organic molecule in the body. The reason it forms the basis for organic life is that each carbon atom offers four sites for chemical bonding and allows new bonds to be formed or broken without expending too much energy. This makes carbon a good building block, particularly for long polymeric molecules.

Carbon is ingested through the food we eat and the air we breathe. The element accounts for 18.6% of the total mass of the human body. When we exhale, we expel carbon in the form of carbon dioxide"

hey brain child, you could have just said you dont know the answer...lol...

but thanks for the scholarly dissertation about carbon...you forgot to include references to the material you plagiarized from Google hahaha

how many edits did it take you to finalize your troll post?

sorry if my question intimidated your being ;)

I'm sure that now that I've written this, you'll feel the need to make another troll post...if you don't prove me wrong I guess I have mind control over you...

don't lose any sleep on your references cited section tho ;)

thekid77

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Fiberglass "particles" are only hazardous to you if they are respirable, and you inhale them. Minor skin irritations similar to those experience when you accidentally rub fiberglass insulation can result in exposure to free fibers. No concerns unless you continue to sand it and inhale the resulting dust. If you use actual sandpaper, you would have about the same probability of getting silicosis from inhaling the silica dust. Sleep well.

Thank you Scott :)

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Last edited: