The Holidays are coming - Gift Ideas

Big Perm

1pkt 14.1 8 Banks 9 10
Silver Member
I can't believe it's already November.....updated edit from last year's post....it's 2010!

Since the holidays are just around the corner, I thought I'd get a thread going where people can recommend products for gift ideas for the pool players in their families/friends. With times being tough for many of us, it's definitely a good thing to send a little money the way of those that make this game fun for us....

Whether you have a product you'd like to recommend, or even one of your own products.......it's the giving season, so it doesn't hurt to make that shopping easy....maybe you know of some great deals online, or possibly an unknown cuemaker, or videos, or whatever....support those that have provided you with a great product for a good price.....

What you got?

Over the last year, I got some shafts from OB cues, great product.....Cuephoric set up my table at home, excellent mechanic.....I love the cues I've bought over the years from Martin/jazznpool at superiorcues.com....

Who would you recommend and what deals have you heard of....

Thanks,

Jason

Last edited:

nathandumoulin

WPBL / RUNOUT MEDIA
Silver Member
Well, presuming there's no harm in self promotion, I'll add the MIKA IMMONEN instructional DVD trilogy to this list:

www.mastering-pool.com

Pool & Billiard magazine acclaimed it as the best instructional series on the market back in their April issue.

In about a week or so I'll be launching my new site with the Venom Trickshots DVD, as well as 6 or 7 new pool shirts and hats.

Scaramouche

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rather than revive the thread on pool shoes ...:grin:

Here is a source of footwear

http://www.townviewleather.com/moosehidemoccasins.html

Since moccasins that don't fit right will either flop around if too loose, or split if too tight, the hook is that they will make in whatever size and width you need.

And to hold your cell phone, store your winnings, and to keep your pants up

http://www.jedcoleather.com/billfolds.html

Carving leather is an art. John Dickson's stuff is flawlessly executed. And the prices are reasonable.

I've ordered from both several times.

NewStroke

Screamin Monkey
Silver Member
I am making individual ball bags to hold each billard ball. Each holiday I will give the gift receiver a new one. Some will be hairy, others will be colored, and other designs. I also would like to put leather reinforcements on the bottom of the bags to resist excessive scratching or rubbing. I think I will call them scrotees.

What do you think?

Big Perm

1pkt 14.1 8 Banks 9 10
Silver Member
Thanks for the post, keepem coming....I do have a couple of the Mika DVD's, they are top notch....

gabesmom

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Some people may want the AZB CLUB MEMBER logo by their name. Or an AZB t-shirt.

(just a little holiday plug for AZB :grin:)

pocketpared

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Diamond Ball Cleaner

Just saw one work on an old set of Centennials I had. They were used about 10 years in a home without ever being cleaned when I got them. Was ready to throw throw them out. Tried 2 different commercial ball cleaners in pool rooms and all they did was slightly increase the shine. Had my table redone last week and RealKingCobra cleaned the Centennials with a commercial dual platter Diamond. Took about 4-5 minutes. I was shocked. They look brand new. Literally. I ordered the single platter home model. Seriously..In 39 years frequenting pool halls and having numerous friends own some, I've never seen anything work like this did. Not even close. It's also built to last.

http://www.diamondbilliards.net/Accessories/DiamondProBallPolisher/tabid/77/Default.aspx

Big Perm

1pkt 14.1 8 Banks 9 10
Silver Member
BTT for more holiday gift ideas....thanks to those with info and posts....

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
I would get pool101's----- DVD for any friend new to the game or you "C" & "B" Player friends, at $19.99 in you mail nbox it is a DEAL. With a VERY GOOD AIMING SYSTEN that work included, and the DVD RUNS about 2 HOURS! Such a DEAL,:smile:

two-thumbs-up-tm.jpg

Tom In Cincy

AKA SactownTom
Silver Member
TAR Gift Certificates

Gift Certificate for a prepaid TAR event.

Or a certificate to pick out something at the TAR Gift Shoppe.

Support TAR at Xmas time with a Gift Certificate... if not available, then maybe there should be Gift Certificates for TAR.

Just a thought..

Big Perm

1pkt 14.1 8 Banks 9 10
Silver Member
Jay Helfert's "Pool Wars".....just a great book and a great present.....only downside is you read it too quick....instant classic....

Big Perm

1pkt 14.1 8 Banks 9 10
Silver Member
super shopping friday is coming up, bumpidy for the products in the thread, support pool :grin:

doitforthegame

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Another holiday gift idea-"Do It For The Game"

I still have a few "Do It For The Game" left. Cost is only $10 which includes 1st class postage and handling. I will sign them as you wish. Just paypal aaboutpool@aol.com . I can personalize the signing.

Need a good story for these cold winter nights? Ever shoot pool? Hang out at a pool room? Then you will recognize the characters from this funny, easy to read, fast moving story. If you can't play pool, you can still feel like you're hangin' at the pool hall!

The January `03 Billiard Digest review said it all "...Do It For The Game is a rare, valuable thing: a sweet, nostalgic look at hustling pool. This makes the book a rarity- pool is not the bogeyman. Even The Hustler was not so much a homage to hustling as the story of a man's self-destruction. Do It For The Game is just the opposite. It shows pool, seedy side and all, as basically redemptive in nature. The connection is made, and well, between a well played game and a well-lived life...." and it continues "Campbell's ability as a storyteller is only outstripped by his talent at painting vivid characters. You can picture the people so clearly in your mind that you may feel as it you've met them."

From the back cover: Brian Dwyer was living the good life with a beautiful family, a big house in the suburbs and a nice corporate job. Then, one by one, he lost everything. When he returns to his hometown to bury his father, he visits the pool hall and discovers some long forgotten lessons.

All books are new. Softcover 176 pages. All books will be signed and may be personalized. This is a great gift for the holidays. I'll reduce the price for multiple copies. Check my feedback for comments of people that have bought and read the book.

Bob

blah blah

Shoebat
Great ideas, BigPerm and everyone. I have no other ideas to offer, can't rep BigPerm again so soon... but at least I can bump.

Would like to hear more ideas, even if it means pimping your own products...