Reload this Page Seems the USPS has lost my cue
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Seems the USPS has lost my cue
Old
  (#1)
oneshotwiss
AzB Silver Member
oneshotwiss has a reputation beyond reputeoneshotwiss has a reputation beyond reputeoneshotwiss has a reputation beyond reputeoneshotwiss has a reputation beyond reputeoneshotwiss has a reputation beyond reputeoneshotwiss has a reputation beyond reputeoneshotwiss has a reputation beyond reputeoneshotwiss has a reputation beyond reputeoneshotwiss has a reputation beyond reputeoneshotwiss has a reputation beyond reputeoneshotwiss has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

Seems the USPS has lost my cue - 01-13-2018, 10:52 AM

I shipped a cue from Indiana to Florida on the 3rd. It still has not arrived. Last place it was scanned is Jacksonville where it says it was forwarded to Panama City where it is supposed to be going. That is the last it has been seen and it definitely shouldn't take 4 days to go 250 miles. What is the longest anyone has had a cue float around before it reached it's destination?

playing cue: Ariel Carmeli
other cues owned: Ariel Carmeli x 3, Joss West, Sugartree, Kenny Murrell x 3, Paul Dayton, Pierce, Kornele, Schon

"the game winning shot is always the one you're looking at..."

Old
  (#2)
jazznpool
Superior Cues--Unchalked!
jazznpool has a reputation beyond reputejazznpool has a reputation beyond reputejazznpool has a reputation beyond reputejazznpool has a reputation beyond reputejazznpool has a reputation beyond reputejazznpool has a reputation beyond reputejazznpool has a reputation beyond reputejazznpool has a reputation beyond reputejazznpool has a reputation beyond reputejazznpool has a reputation beyond reputejazznpool has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 6900

01-13-2018, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneshotwiss View Post
I shipped a cue from Indiana to Florida on the 3rd. It still has not arrived. Last place it was scanned is Jacksonville where it says it was forwarded to Panama City where it is supposed to be going. That is the last it has been seen and it definitely shouldn't take 4 days to go 250 miles. What is the longest anyone has had a cue float around before it reached it's destination?
I've had 2 weeks 3-4 times and 7-10 days a bunch of times. Having said that I've shipped about 10,000 packages since I've been in business. No losses from usps. Sometimes you do need to go see your postmaster and have them actively pursue the situation. They do that by emaling the postmaster where the item is believed to be.

Old
  (#3)
Tooler
Inside Engrish Prease
Tooler has a reputation beyond reputeTooler has a reputation beyond reputeTooler has a reputation beyond reputeTooler has a reputation beyond reputeTooler has a reputation beyond reputeTooler has a reputation beyond reputeTooler has a reputation beyond reputeTooler has a reputation beyond reputeTooler has a reputation beyond reputeTooler has a reputation beyond reputeTooler has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1275

01-13-2018, 11:33 AM

I sent one to Wa. in November.

2 day priority, insured. Everything was good, tracking showed that it was in Wa,ready for delivery. No delivery, 3rd day, no delivery, or tracking update. 4th day, tracking site says “item delayed”.....no shit.

Nothing changed until the 9th day, then delivered.

I’ve used USPS priority at least 100 times. I can only remember one time I was delayed more than 1 day, and that was sent to Alaska.

What bothered me most,was they misplaced it on the first day, then said it was in Washington, when it never left my state for a week.

I used a P.O. near my work,so I could get it out a day early. Probably won’t do that again.

Hope you get it resolved.

--------------------------------------------------------------
Playing cues: Big-Pin Ivory Scruggs
Judd Wrapless (Still the All Time Fav).
Cue Case: Whitten 2x4
Tip: Searing (Hard)
Fav shaft: Gulyassy SPTX(whip it good)

Old
  (#4)
Bob Jewett
Northern California

Bob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

01-13-2018, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneshotwiss View Post
Not a cue, but Dr. Dave sent me some DVDs. Watching the tracking was interesting. They went from CO to CA (where I am) to HI and then back to CA. They were a little delayed.

As for cues, I saw one story where it took a month for the cue to reappear. One problem I've heard of is that if it's in a round tube, it can roll off conveyors and maybe tables and go under/behind things. Use a triangular box instead.

Bob Jewett
SF Billiard Academy

Old
  (#5)
Cornerman
Cue Author...Sometimes
Cornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

01-13-2018, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Jewett View Post
Not a cue, but Dr. Dave sent me some DVDs. Watching the tracking was interesting. They went from CO to CA (where I am) to HI and then back to CA. They were a little delayed.

As for cues, I saw one story where it took a month for the cue to reappear. One problem I've heard of is that if it's in a round tube, it can roll off conveyors and maybe tables and go under/behind things. Use a triangular box instead.
In my opinion, the round tube is the worst thing to ship anything for exactly these reasons. I actually have was flying with a checked cue in a round tube, and they lost my cue in the luggage cart from the plane to the baggage claim carousel. They found it after an agonize moment (seemed like days, but was more like 30 minutes). It had rolled off and away.

Be warned.

Freddie

--------

Name: Freddie Agnir
Shooting Cue: 2017 Tascarella (w/blokid extension)
Breaking Cue:Gilbert

Playing time: just a hair above zero
--------

"I don't care if you win, just cover the spread!"

- Annie Potts (Memaw from Young Sheldon)

Old
  (#6)
Cracktherack
AzB Silver Member
Cracktherack has a reputation beyond reputeCracktherack has a reputation beyond reputeCracktherack has a reputation beyond reputeCracktherack has a reputation beyond reputeCracktherack has a reputation beyond reputeCracktherack has a reputation beyond reputeCracktherack has a reputation beyond reputeCracktherack has a reputation beyond reputeCracktherack has a reputation beyond reputeCracktherack has a reputation beyond reputeCracktherack has a reputation beyond repute

01-13-2018, 12:50 PM

Tube packages are sometimes used for the javelin throw from one end of the post office to the other. Small square packages are often drop-kicked from 75 feet or so headed for a basketball hoop on the north wall. Flat packages can be used to shim up a leg on a conveyor but has to be changed out in 30 days. Ones marked "Fragile" ha-ha-ha those are the ones we put through the Gorilla grab and toss game. Sometimes they'll rattle like broken glass after only scoring a few points.

My Mom was cell mate with Martha Stewart and taught her how to make a shank from a toothbrush.

"Perfect position for Shaw is when the object ball and cue ball are on the same table." Mark Wilson

Old
  (#7)
Michael Webb
AzB Silver Member
Michael Webb has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Webb has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Webb has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Webb has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Webb has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Webb has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Webb has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Webb has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Webb has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Webb has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Webb has a reputation beyond repute

01-13-2018, 12:57 PM

Problems with USPS Monday thru Friday. Call your local USPS Consumer affairs dept. They help.

Best Wishes
Michael Webb
webbcues@cox.net

Old
  (#8)
alstl
AzB Silver Member
alstl has a reputation beyond reputealstl has a reputation beyond reputealstl has a reputation beyond reputealstl has a reputation beyond reputealstl has a reputation beyond reputealstl has a reputation beyond reputealstl has a reputation beyond reputealstl has a reputation beyond reputealstl has a reputation beyond reputealstl has a reputation beyond reputealstl has a reputation beyond repute

01-13-2018, 01:06 PM

Use registered m...never mind.

Old
  (#9)
Meucciplayer
AzB Silver Member
Meucciplayer has a reputation beyond reputeMeucciplayer has a reputation beyond reputeMeucciplayer has a reputation beyond reputeMeucciplayer has a reputation beyond reputeMeucciplayer has a reputation beyond reputeMeucciplayer has a reputation beyond reputeMeucciplayer has a reputation beyond reputeMeucciplayer has a reputation beyond reputeMeucciplayer has a reputation beyond reputeMeucciplayer has a reputation beyond reputeMeucciplayer has a reputation beyond repute

01-13-2018, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alstl View Post
Use registered m...never mind.
"Registered" where the only items I lost permanently. R sounds expensive and thus gets stolen more often - at least in international mail. My personal experience: 100's of letters, parcels and so on unregistered between Europe and the US - 0 losses. Around 5 registered and/or separately insured parcels - 2 lost forever.

Don't know about the domestic quote within the US, but I have yet to lose something sent within the US.

Old
  (#10)
Cracktherack
AzB Silver Member
Cracktherack has a reputation beyond reputeCracktherack has a reputation beyond reputeCracktherack has a reputation beyond reputeCracktherack has a reputation beyond reputeCracktherack has a reputation beyond reputeCracktherack has a reputation beyond reputeCracktherack has a reputation beyond reputeCracktherack has a reputation beyond reputeCracktherack has a reputation beyond reputeCracktherack has a reputation beyond reputeCracktherack has a reputation beyond repute

01-13-2018, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Webb View Post
Problems with USPS Monday thru Friday. Call your local USPS Consumer affairs dept. They help.
Please don't hang up. Your call is very important to us. Push 1 for English. Did you know we'll eventually deliver your letter for only 47 cents? ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ (acid rock) ♫ ♫. Ring, ring click click.. "Hello this is Paquar from India and how are you today? How may I help you with your postal needs? Yes, I am a Billiard Stream Commentator....how did you know? "And where did the package originate from?" "Intercourse, Pennsylvania? I think you pull joke on Paquar, ha ha." "Package headed to Hell, Ohio. Ah yes I understand." "And what is your Social Security number?" "I'm sorry, I'm going on break now. Please hold for the next available agent."

My Mom was cell mate with Martha Stewart and taught her how to make a shank from a toothbrush.

"Perfect position for Shaw is when the object ball and cue ball are on the same table." Mark Wilson

Old
  (#11)
Michael Webb
AzB Silver Member
Michael Webb has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Webb has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Webb has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Webb has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Webb has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Webb has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Webb has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Webb has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Webb has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Webb has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Webb has a reputation beyond repute

01-13-2018, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cracktherack View Post
Please don't hang up. Your call is very important to us. Push 1 for English. Did you know we'll eventually deliver your letter for only 47 cents? ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ (acid rock) ♫ ♫. Ring, ring click click.. "Hello this is Paquar from India and how are you today? How may I help you with your postal needs? Yes, I am a Billiard Stream Commentator....how did you know? "And where did the package originate from?" "Intercourse, Pennsylvania? I think you pull joke on Paquar, ha ha." "Package headed to Hell, Ohio. Ah yes I understand." "And what is your Social Security number?" "I'm sorry, I'm going on break now. Please hold for the next available agent."

Lmao. But seriously. I have always gotten thru to consumer affairs. They know more than what on line tells you.

Best Wishes
Michael Webb
webbcues@cox.net

Old
  (#12)
deadnutz
AzB Silver Member
deadnutz has a reputation beyond reputedeadnutz has a reputation beyond reputedeadnutz has a reputation beyond reputedeadnutz has a reputation beyond reputedeadnutz has a reputation beyond reputedeadnutz has a reputation beyond reputedeadnutz has a reputation beyond reputedeadnutz has a reputation beyond reputedeadnutz has a reputation beyond reputedeadnutz has a reputation beyond reputedeadnutz has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1000

01-13-2018, 03:15 PM

Twice I've had packages shipped priority mail go 2 weeks. After 10 business days you can file a lost package claim online. Both times I did that the packages were delivered within 2 business days. Hang in there!

Old
  (#13)
GoldCrown
Be Creative...play 1P
GoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond repute

01-13-2018, 07:49 PM

It might work out ok. Aside from no gaurentees on a timely delivery the weather might be holding things up. But where can you locate / find a 1000 black and loafers?

The post office

edit: I shipped a package overnight guaranteed by 10:30 or 12:00noon .... got there 2 days later.

Player: Schon H4L w/ REVO
Case:JB 4/8 Hybrid
Favorite Game...Pocket a Piece
Instructional source: "One Pocket...A Game of Controlled Aggression" by Tom Wirth. This book is a players best friend.
1P Instructor: Tom Wirth
Stroke Instructor: Scott Lee

I need more cues like a snail needs airbrakes

Last edited by GoldCrown; 01-13-2018 at 09:41 PM.

Old
  (#14)
gregoryda
AzB Silver Member
gregoryda has a reputation beyond reputegregoryda has a reputation beyond reputegregoryda has a reputation beyond reputegregoryda has a reputation beyond reputegregoryda has a reputation beyond reputegregoryda has a reputation beyond reputegregoryda has a reputation beyond reputegregoryda has a reputation beyond reputegregoryda has a reputation beyond reputegregoryda has a reputation beyond reputegregoryda has a reputation beyond repute

01-13-2018, 08:27 PM

I've recently sold and shipped out a cue and a few shafts in small tubes inside triangle boxes. All Priority costing about $14-17 with insurance from FL to MN and NE.. They took 3-4 days to arrive. I just bought a shaft from a guy in PA. It took 3 days to arrive in FL., he mailed it 1st class in a box with just bubble wrap, only cost him $3.40. Go figure!

Last edited by gregoryda; 01-13-2018 at 08:29 PM.

Old
  (#15)
Michael Webb
AzB Silver Member

01-13-2018, 09:11 PM

They are the troubleshooters for the Post office. They really try to get to the bottom of things.
about.usps.com/postal-bulletin/2008/html/pb22225/html/kit_021

Best Wishes
Michael Webb
webbcues@cox.net

Last edited by Michael Webb; 01-13-2018 at 09:17 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: