Old McDermott box case

jayman

Hi Mom!
Gold Member
Silver Member
This has been well used but is a pretty nice ol' case all the same. You really don't see too many of these around any more. There is also a small accessory pocket inside the fuzzy green interior.
Sold. P.S. I have no idea how this ended up here in the main forum? I was in the wanted for sale section when I clicked on "start a new thread" tab?? oh well.

mc hanld side.jpg

mc full.jpg

mc interior.jpg

mc compartment.jpg

mc logo.jpg

Last edited:

john coloccia

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
FWIW, I got that case when I bought my D-19, and it really is a nice case as box cases go. :) Mine got stolen (the case not the cue). Wish I still had it.

West Point 1987

On the Hill, Out of Gas
Silver Member
FWIW, I got that case when I bought my D-19, and it really is a nice case as box cases go. :) Mine got stolen (the case not the cue). Wish I still had it.
Yeah, mine too...but with an $1100 Joss in it. :( Mine had a bed of roses hand painted on one side (done by a friend)...stolen out of the trunk of my car when it broke down near Leesville, Louisiana in 1991...still dream about it. :angry:

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
I got an old Super Mac recently, has a swivel lock. I'll try to post photos

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I got an old Super Mac recently, has a swivel lock. I'll try to post photos

You have one of these:

mcdermott-super-mac-pool-cue-case_1_606f0456eb295d97620a15e14f9f7f05.jpg

I am still looking for my info on them.

I think it's on my other drive.

IIRC they were the "bottom end" Super Mac. They were produced painted and had no lock, just the swivel latch.

I believe some were covered in vinyl.

Probably earlier production. I can't remember specifics, but we don't see them very often, kind of rare-ish.

Rockin' Robin

Mr. Texas Express
Silver Member
The first super Mac cases had the swivel lock. They were painted. Shortly after the Fellini type latches were used and they were covered in various leathers.

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The first super Mac cases had the swivel lock. They were painted. Shortly after the Fellini type latches were used and they were covered in various leathers.

I thought they were early, but I still can't find my info on them.

Michael Andros

tiny balls, GIANT pockets
Silver Member
Yeah, mine too...but with an $1100 Joss in it. :( Mine had a bed of roses hand painted on one side (done by a friend)...stolen out of the trunk of my car when it broke down near Leesville, Louisiana in 1991...still dream about it. :angry:

Man... I haven't heard the name Leesville La. since I was at Ft. Polk in 1973. Yikes.

alphadog

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just because you were reading Deanoc's latest offering didn't mean you were in the for sale forum:p