Where are these two players

poolwhiz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My first log-in didn't work so I'm trying again. I won two Mc Dermott tournaments(1990-1992) Can't remember. First one was at Tightpockets billiards in Hapeville,Ga. I beat Earl Kellum in the finals. The next one was at Twains billiards inDecater,Ga. That was there first ever tournament. I beat Bill Blanda in the finals. Haven't heard anything about Bill but heard Earl was in a real bad accident. Does anyone know the whereabouts of these two. Thanks a lot.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Earl Kellum’s death was reported on AZ about four years ago.
...my condolences

Rockin' Robin

Mr. Texas Express
Silver Member
I was the tournament director for the Twains event. At the time Bill Blanda was living in Atlanta. Few years later he showed up at my last event in Houston and finished second to Cliff Joyner. He told me that he had moved to Houston for his job. He may still live there, but hasn't been active on the tourney scene in years.

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks pt 109. Haven't heard about Bill Blanda.

I think, though I'm not sure, I saw a man who was named Bill Blanda at the Skins Billiards Tournament in Atlantic City in the early 2000s, maybe 2004. It was held at the resorts. Niels Feijen won the Skins pool event. Someobyd said this Bill guy won a big poker tournament.

Is this the Bill you mean?

Attachments

• bill.JPG
    bill.JPG
    17.6 KB · Views: 342

poolwhiz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey Rockin' Robin. This is Larry Hayes. I won that tournament and wanted to get that chart to show friends that I won a tournament that I wasn't supposed to win. Was proud of myself. Great field of players. I believe I asked the owner or someone else if I could get it but they said they wanted to keep it for a while. Never went back. As a matter of fact, I do remember reading something about Bill playing in a poker tournament. Thanks Rockin' Robin for replying.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey Rockin' Robin. This is Larry Hayes. I won that tournament and wanted to get that chart to show friends that I won a tournament that I wasn't supposed to win. Was proud of myself. Great field of players. I believe I asked the owner or someone else if I could get it but they said they wanted to keep it for a while. Never went back. As a matter of fact, I do remember reading something about Bill playing in a poker tournament. Thanks Rockin' Robin for replying.

Pretty cool place, this azb...eh?

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I moved to Atlanta in 2010 from Philly and tried out Twains. It was a total banger room. I’m surprised to here there was ever a serious tournament there. Times change!