Calling ATLARGE

barrymuch90

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just wrote a huge perfectly edited thread and went to post and realized I wasn’t logged in and eventually it got accidentally deleted. Lol fml. So here’s the footnotes.

I like to compare different peoples results using the peoples section especially regarding the same event year after year. The Dcc gives me the best overall example for a few reasons but some are that it’s been consistently going for over 20 years, there’s multiple separate events all tied into one event with the master of table prize bringing them all together, and most of the best players in the world compete in the derby.

So I’m calling ATLARGE to see if he’s ever compiled any monetary statistics from the derby, some I’m especially curious about; whose won the most money overall in all the derby’s combined, whose won the most overall for one individual derby, who averages the most year after year, etcetera..

As always thanks in advance AtLarde n I sincerely hope some day I’ll get to meet you in person and show my gratitude face to face because I can’t fathom how much time you spend crunchy the stats you provide the azb community and I know I love the work you do considering I’m def a numbers kind of person.

GideonF

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
As always thanks in advance AtLarde n I sincerely hope some day I’ll get to meet you in person and show my gratitude face to face because I can’t fathom how much time you spend crunchy the stats you provide the azb community and I know I love the work you do considering I’m def a numbers kind of person.

I second the expression of gratitude for what AtLarge contributes to the forum. I sincerely hope AZ comps him his gold membership!

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Thanks for your comments, guys.

barrymuch90 -- No, I haven't compiled any info on money won at the DCC except for the Bigfoot and Fatboy Challenges. Post #26 of this thread -- http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=387852 -- shows the leading money winners for all 12 Bigfoot and Fatboy events lumped together (including the two played at "DCC South" in Tunica). SVB leads that list, and all of his winnings came in the Bigfoot events (none in Fatboys).

As for money won in the three main (points) events at DCC, plus the Master of the Table MOT) money, I imagine that SVB is tops for winnings in a single year. He had two firsts and a second in 2012 in the individual events and won the MOT, for a total of $53,000.

For career DCC winnings in the three main events plus MOT, I'd guess that Reyes leads the pack with SVB second. Reyes has won the MOT (DCC's biggest prize) 5 times and individual events 8 times. Van Boening has 2 MOT's and 6 individual-event wins. Bustamante, Orcollo, and Pagulayan are probably in the next group (maybe not in that order). Current info (without the money) about winners of the individual events and the MOT can be found in posts #62 and #63 of this thread: http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=306866.

But for bigger winnings, don't forget Reyes in the IPT series -- $200k, $65k, and $500k in the 3 events.

[And I wonder whether the biggest winner of all at DCC might have come from the "2-man tournaments." Have we had any real large scores there?]

barrymuch90

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Lol of course as usual ATLARGE comes thru in the clutch w basically all of my questions answered from what seemed like off of the top of his head lol the man is incredible!!!! N yea I’d LOVE a list of every wines places in the ipt events i know u can see individual winners and where individuals placed by only one at a time and that’s another event I’ve gone through in detail to see how different guys did. But back to dcc I figured Reyes was the overall leader but didn’t know exactly how many MOT he had.

The reason I thought of all this was going through Brumbacks yearly earnings I found that he had multiple years that only consisted of dcc cashes n was wondering if he’s made 100k over the years there n now I’d like to know what efrens actual prize money is over the years at all dccs but for now I’m def happy with ur reply n thanks again

Hobo

Banned
I just wrote a huge perfectly edited thread and went to post and realized I wasn’t logged in and eventually it got accidentally deleted. Lol fml. So here’s the footnotes.

I like to compare different peoples results using the peoples section especially regarding the same event year after year. The Dcc gives me the best overall example for a few reasons but some are that it’s been consistently going for over 20 years, there’s multiple separate events all tied into one event with the master of table prize bringing them all together, and most of the best players in the world compete in the derby.

So I’m calling ATLARGE to see if he’s ever compiled any monetary statistics from the derby, some I’m especially curious about; whose won the most money overall in all the derby’s combined, whose won the most overall for one individual derby, who averages the most year after year, etcetera..

Just so you know for next time... it should prompt you to log back in and when you do it will redirect you to your post.

barrymuch90

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It’s not possible sometimes to sense sarcasm especially if it’s a sarcastic tone through reading texts or posts or messages so I want to be clear. I really appreciate the amount of time and work ATLARGE must put in to keeping his stats and personally I enjoy statistics and like to compare numbers it’s much more cut and dry than some other things we all compare. All jokes and sarcasm aside thanks ATLARGE n I’ve said it before so I’m pretty sure you know my appreciation is without question. Idk if no one else posts or even keeps pool related stats because your stats are done so proficient and with such great detail they they don’t want to compete with you or what but I really don’t know of too many others that take the time to do what you do and I’m glad you do it.

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There should be a sticky thread/section for AtLarge and his stats. Where he can post them all in 1 place and folks can ask him questions and he can answer in 1 place..
Same thing also for Mike Page and Fargorate

barrymuch90

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There should be a sticky thread/section for AtLarge and his stats. Where he can post them all in 1 place and folks can ask him questions and he can answer in 1 place..
Same thing also for Mike Page and Fargorate

Not a bad idea for both guys