SVB cue/shaft

Jerry R

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I apologize if I missed a previous post about this, but I'm watch SVB and Superman playing in Duluth and Shane has a black Revo looking shaft on his cue. I'm guessing it's just a black Cuetec shaft, but can anyone confirm?
Thanks,
Jerry

mnsneakypete

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You are correct. He is the test pilot for a new Cuetec prototype composite shaft. I got to shoot a few with it. Pretty nice, but I've never tried the Revo to compare.

Jerry R

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Would be great if they could make a comparable shaft with a more reasonable price point. Thanks!

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I wonder if Cuetech will use this shaft to try to position themselves in the high end of the mass production market.

This is a good time to be in pool! Pro events are really picking up. We can watch any pro at any time on the internet. And the cues are getting better and better.

poolhustler

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The Cuetec composite shafts should be available in the very near future. I test hit 4 different shafts and the one with the least deflection hits very similar to my Revo 12.9. The ones with the most deflection hit more like a Revo 12.4.

These should be available with way more options than the Revo with a nice selection of joints with a better price point.

Good times...……...

lorider

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I thought no one on here was ever interested in a cue Tec except Travis trotter. :eek:

westcoast

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I thought no one on here was ever interested in a cue Tec except Travis trotter. :eek:

I know cuetec doesn’t have the best reputation, but I’ve been shooting with an r360 for the past few years and I really like it. I might give these new shafts a try when they come out

BigBoof

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Cuetec doesn't make their R360 shafts in any other joints, even though I bet people would try them. I hope you are right about making to them for other joints. Demand is obviously there for CF shafts.
The Cuetec composite shafts should be available in the very near future. I test hit 4 different shafts and the one with the least deflection hits very similar to my Revo 12.9. The ones with the most deflection hit more like a Revo 12.4.

These should be available with way more options than the Revo with a nice selection of joints with a better price point.

Good times...……...

Sent from my BLN-L24 using Tapatalk

KMRUNOUT

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Good times...……...

I'm curious about your statements about the hits of the 12.4 and 12.9 Revos. Could you say more about that? I'm leaning towards getting a Revo. I tried both the 12.9 and 12.4 but usually on different cues and not at the same time. I was thinking I liked the 12.9 better, but just tried a 12.4 that felt amazing and seems to have insanely low deflection. My main consideration is deflection, followed by energy transfer. Would love to hear more about these differences.

KMRUNOUT

Sent from my iPhone using AzBilliards Forums

Maniac

2manyQ's
Silver Member
I know cuetec doesn’t have the best reputation, but I’ve been shooting with an r360 for the past few years and I really like it.

I have an R360 shaft and I really like the way it plays/feels with the butt I use it on. It sits in one of my spare cases because almost all of my playing is done with a 60" cue nowadays.

Cuetec is doing something smart getting into the carbon-fiber shaft business. I think the demand for them will be high in the near future.

Maniac

JohnnyOzone

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm curious about your statements about the hits of the 12.4 and 12.9 Revos. Could you say more about that? I'm leaning towards getting a Revo. I tried both the 12.9 and 12.4 but usually on different cues and not at the same time. I was thinking I liked the 12.9 better, but just tried a 12.4 that felt amazing and seems to have insanely low deflection. My main consideration is deflection, followed by energy transfer. Would love to hear more about these differences.

KMRUNOUT

Sent from my iPhone using AzBilliards Forums

I will stick my nose in......
I don't own a REVO (yet) but I have studied them for a while. The performance numbers from Predator have always been better with the 12.9 vs the 12.4
I think this is because the 12.9 was what they spent all that time developing. The 12.4 was later added by changing the taper in order to get a narrower ferrule, but the 12.4 was never developed from the ground up like the 12.9, so optimum performance maybe not quite achieved?

ShortBusRuss

Short Bus Russ - C Player
Silver Member
I will stick my nose in......
I don't own a REVO (yet) but I have studied them for a while. The performance numbers from Predator have always been better with the 12.9 vs the 12.4
I think this is because the 12.9 was what they spent all that time developing. The 12.4 was later added by changing the taper in order to get a narrower ferrule, but the 12.4 was never developed from the ground up like the 12.9, so optimum performance maybe not quite achieved?

This is absolutely the opposite of everything I have heard. Many people have opined that the 12.4 has slightly less deflection due to lower front end mass.

Your post smells strongly of someone with an opinion making up "facts" to persuade others to hold their views.

Short Bus Russ

westcoast

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have an R360 shaft and I really like the way it plays/feels with the butt I use it on. It sits in one of my spare cases because almost all of my playing is done with a 60" cue nowadays.

Cuetec is doing something smart getting into the carbon-fiber shaft business. I think the demand for them will be high in the near future.

Maniac

They make a good extension that I’ve been playing with for the past year if you want a longer cue

Maniac

2manyQ's
Silver Member
They make a good extension that I’ve been playing with for the past year if you want a longer cue

I'll check my butt to see if it will except one. :eek: Or is it the type that attaches at the joint?

There's more dirty terms in pool than any other sport/game out there. :thumbup:

Maniac

Last edited:

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is absolutely the opposite of everything I have heard. Many people have opined that the 12.4 has slightly less deflection due to lower front end mass.

Your post smells strongly of someone with an opinion making up "facts" to persuade others to hold their views.

Short Bus Russ

Thats actually the opposite of every post I’ve read and what predator is saying at thier booth lol the 12.9 has less deflection then the 12.4 according to predator themselves