John Schmidt says CTE works after all.

bwally

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
He sure is in one-pocket and straight pool.
In his best days, he beat the 10-ball ghost at Hard Times.

Played some 10ball with John last night. He got the break figured out and played lights out. I would have put even money with him and Orcollo from what I saw.

He is getting his passion for the game back and it wouldn't surprise me to see him make another run at it..

Cheers

PS yes he crushed me but I'm not anywhere near his calibre..

nine_ball6970

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The Golden State Warriors are world class.

John is more like the Utah Jazz. Good, but not world class.

There are maybe a handful who can beat John playing straight pool on a given day. It is hard to say any player is a favorite over him. That makes him world class.

nine_ball6970

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Maybe that's because only a handful of players play 14.1

I am not sure if this is a serious response or not.

There is a list on az of 123 living players who have ran over 200 balls.

http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=189968

To say only a handful of players play straight pool is laughable. There are maybe three people on that list who have ran over 400 and John Schmidt is one of them.

Straightpool_99

I see dead balls
Silver Member
Let's make one thing clear.

John Schmidt is NOT a world class player.

Ahem...He won this little tournament, maybe you heard of it: The US open nineball championship and...What's the bloody use. What's next? Oh wait, we allready had a guy say Efren was all washed up and couldn't win anything:rolleyes::rolleyes: That Shane Van Boening he sure can't play worth a damn! He gets lucky all the time, yeah, that's right some shortstop you've never heard of that sometimes plays in my basement can beat him easily. It's just that pool doesn't pay enough to be worth his time.:rolleyes::(:mad:

Attachments

• 5947497009_03bb4515f2.jpg
    5947497009_03bb4515f2.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 467
Last edited:

duckie

GregH
Silver Member
Those that do not play 14.1 at a high level have no clue at how hard it truely is.

These same people think one pocket is the game of champions.

Blaine B.

Clueless
Silver Member
Blaine, the ignore feature might work if the guy made a normal amount of posts, but he deliberately hijacks every thread by relentlessly injecting his off-topic and inappropriate remarks over and over again. EVERY thread he gets on gets derailed within a few comments, and all subsequent attempts to bring the conversation back around get met with an accelerated posting rate from the guy until there is no hope of ever getting back on topic.

Take this very thread, which he started to derail on the very first page:

Then this:

And another irrelevant post to make the same point he has made constantly on other threads he has destroyed:

Up to this point, I just let it ride, attempting to find common ground between us with a response about his grandkids. At that point he stepped on the gas with the "objectivity" thing:

At which point I told him to stop hijacking my thread because his posts were not at all in keeping with the spirit of the thread that I had started, to which he replied:

By this time, one CTE user had already been banned, and this dude was off to the races.

So, I would like to know how putting this guy on my personal ignore list could to anything to prevent the ruination of the thread I took the time to start. I don't care about the "legality" of his postings according to the strict interpretation of the rules of the forum, it's just flat out rude and destructive. He got banned for a year for doing the same thing when his arguments about the pendulum stroke vs. the piston stroke took over every thread he took part in. Same back then, people put him on ignore, but he figured out how to ruin the threads anyway.

I don't have an answer for any of this. Apparently, the owners of the site have decided to let him have his way. I have no control over that situation. It wasn't too long ago that he was threatened with a permanent ban if he posted in ANY aiming thread. Shortly after that he came on here and made an announcement that he had "spoken" to Mr. Wilson (the head mod) and it was cool for him to start posting here again. I have no idea what might have taken place during that conversation, but it's kinda scary thinking he has that much power over the mods and owners that he is allowed to run amok on thread after thread without so much as a warning.

Maybe he's the Pope?

What are we to do? Well, I guess we have to quit this place and have our pool community on Facebook, but it's not the same at all, not even close. If I want to discuss pool and get answers to questions I have, there is really no other place to visit but this site. Folks like Rick are destroying this resource for everybody, and I think it's worth any attempt to either get him reigned in (usually the mere threat of a ban is enough for most people to get the message) or removed. I'm not a fan of banning, but sometimes you gotta cut out a tumor to prevent it from becoming malignant.

I put him on ignore and a great # of threads on this website became very readable. Govern yourself, not others.

Mr. Wilson

El Kabong
Gold Member
Silver Member
Bruce,

I don't follow your last sentence.

Nearly the last thing, if not the last thing, or that I remember, that Sean was posting about was CTE & how he was going to get down to the bottom it, etc. Then he disappeared.

I did NOT intentionally 'steer' anything in any pre-planned direction so I could reference Sean.

With all due respect, Sean is not a friend of mind & I don't appreciate you trying to tell me who I can & can not reference in a discussion.

What is it that you see that I posted that was derogatory regarding Sean?

You've always seemed like a nice guy & one that at times has tried to keep the peace, but in this instance you are acting very much like those that think these forums are their own property for only for their pleasure & how they want them to be & no one should post anything without first getting clearance from them to see if it's okay with them.

If Sean comes to mind again regarding something that he did or said & if I think it is warranted in ANY manner, I will mention him again.

That may not happen at all, but I am not going to avoid mentioning him for no good reason.

He posted here & he is part of the history here & hence certainly available for reference.

I'm sorry if you don't like that but I don't even see any issue.

Can you imagine if I said, guys don't ever mention me ever if I get the boot or decide to leave?

I just don't get what your problem is with me mentioning Sean.

Allow me to say this:

I have spoken with Sean and He'd rather not be a topic of conversation.
He'd like you to not reference him in any fashion on AZB.

Thank you

justadub

Rattling corners nightly
Silver Member
Allow me to say this:

Thank you

Thank you. That was all that I was trying to accomplish.

ENGLISH!

Banned
Silver Member
Allow me to say this:

Thank you

Dave,

I can certainly try to comply with Sean's "wishes". IMO, he was not the topic, but merely a component regarding the topic of CTE because of what HE said that HE was going to do regarding that topic.

Mentioning him just came up in the course of conversation because of what he was saying that he was going to do regarding CTE. I do not understand his wishes as he is a part of the history here.

But I WILL certainly try to not bring him up in the course of any conversation, but sometimes one thing leads to another & sometimes matter do slip my mind. If so, A reminded would be appreciated asap.

Best 2 Ya,
Rick

PS I'd like to NOT be referenced by any CTE proponent in any personal derogatory manner.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Wait for it... Figueroa will be along any minute claiming Schmidty's buddy only gets it to work because John told him to clean the balls after every rack.

"well i owe anyone ive ever offended when i said aiming systems don't work.i have a close friend brian wallace who i respect and like alot and he says cte helped him and he understands it and it works and thats good enough for me. i don't know how it works. since brian says it works thats good enough for me. ive been wrong before so this is no shocker lol. i was wrong on aimin systems and again im sorry to stan shuffet and and anyone else on the subject." - John Schmidt

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
This might be the silliest aiming thread ever.

No it's one of the better ones. John could have agreed with Brian without making a public statement. He chose to publicly apologize for his part in knocking aiming systems.

Especially since so many of you have milked his stance on them from the TAR podcast to defend your own knocking of aiming systems.

Maybe you all can find a way to be more open minded and change your thinking on the subject like John has.